Lol elite skins are almost as much as entire dlc expansion 4 maps

24OmniTactics24
147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
1 map every six month for free and 10 dollar skins every other week but hey at least no premium way to go guys way to go. You know what's so funny is you deserve this every single game I run Into
the elite skins why wouldn't they Rip you off and abuse you like a slave and slap you around and disrespect you and take more and more and charge more more your clearly on you knees begging for it.

Comments

• DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does buying skins make you a slave or disrespect you?
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1 map every six month for free and 10 dollar skins every other week but hey at least no premium way to go guys way to go. You know what's so funny is you deserve this every single game I run Into
    the elite skins why wouldn't they Rip you off and abuse you like a slave and slap you around and disrespect you and take more and more and charge more more your clearly on you knees begging for it.
    Abuse you like a slave? Last time I checked, it was voluntary to buy the Elite characters.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Community went from "OMG Stop splitting the community with paid DLCs", to "OMG Please bring back paid DLCs because we want content" in an instant.

Indeed. And it’s the same community that demands new mode after new mode after new mode, with zero sense of irony about *actually literally* splitting the community.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Community went from "OMG Stop splitting the community with paid DLCs", to "OMG Please bring back paid DLCs because we want content" in an instant.

Indeed. And it’s the same community that demands new mode after new mode after new mode, with zero sense of irony about *actually literally* splitting the community.
    Who’s demanding the modes? That’s a complaint I don’t see, that Battlefield games have too few game modes.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:

Who’s demanding the modes? That’s a complaint I don’t see, that Battlefield games have too few game modes.
    People want Rush, people want Squad CQ. Now Dice removed Frontlines and Domination, so the community is asking to bring those back for whatever reason.

Even before BF5 was revealed, people were asking for BR mode in the next BF game.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Help me out here, please point to the demand for new game mode after mode after mode, because I can't recall any such demand with the exception of some folks asking for Rush to be made a permanent stand-alone mode as it used to be, or a few folks saying they liked Squad Conquest or Grind so maybe those should stick around rather than being temporary.  But thag doesn't begin to answer the description of "the community that demands new mode after mode", not even close. 

What many, many posters have been asking for is new maps, not more slapped-together game modes, more maps being probably the single biggest issue with the community.
    Just typed "Add mode" on forum search, and found this in first 2 minutes. People asking for: Hardcore, rush, offline bots, air superiority, tank superiority etc
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179363/request-classic-battlefield-conquest-mode
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164627/add-the-classic-bf1-operations-as-a-separate-game-mode-to-bfv
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183114/please-keep-rush-and-add-it-for-all-maps
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/171885/a-good-mode-to-bring-new-players-into-battlefield
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180395/when-will-we-get-hc-mode-i-cant-play-this-game-without-it
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/116789/dice-should-add-two-things-to-make-the-game-perfect
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/175443/can-we-please-get-a-competitive-game-mode-for-battlefield-5
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/183060/offline-multiplayer-mode-request
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/151928/tank-superiority-mode
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @YourLocalPlumber

Thanks for doing that, I hadn’t responded because I’ve been an active forum user and just assumed anyone posting on the forums was aware of this constant drumbeat.
  • Ploodovic
    Ploodovic said:

LinkZeppeloyd said:

YourLocalPlumber wrote: »

People want Rush, people want Squad CQ. Now Dice removed Frontlines and Domination, so the community is asking to bring those back for whatever reason.

Even before BF5 was revealed, people were asking for BR mode in the next BF game.

The post I was quoting says “new modes”, so I assumed we were talking about game modes that didn’t exist before. I agree that people call for old favourites to be brought back, but I don’t recall, for instance, people asking for a 8v8 Conquest with vehicles, i.e. Squad Conquest, before it was released. Maybe I’ve missed that thread.

Battle Royale, absolutely, but I don’t think it matches the description “new mode after new mode after new mode”.
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DevilsBathtub said:
    Well, if the same amount of money that used to get you a new car now gets you only a bicycle, it does sort of seem like the seller doesn't hold you in much respect.  Fifteen dollars used to get us four new maps, plus some vehicles and a bunch of new weapons and gadgets and assignments and sometimes a new game mode as well (a permanent one, not a one-week remake of another mode).  Now EA has DICE doing a skin for a character that is probably done by a few devs at most in a short time and selling it for almost as much as a four-map expansion pack--they obviously think there are enough fools who will pay for cosmetics that they no longer need to put in the effort they once did on the big DLC we used to get several times a year.  That does suggest a considerable lack of respect for their customers.

Preach boo boo show them corporate slaves
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Also funny that you just know some of these people who are spending 100 dollars on skins were the same people complaining about the cost of premium or the cost of an expansion.

100% true
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes how dare someone pay $80 for a war FPS and expect more than a game with 9 small maps where strategy is almost pointless, countless glitches, no anti-cheat, no private servers, terrible netcode and no helis in conquest? 

The nerve. 

Btw thanks for removing my avatar, I didn't realize a female in a bikini was against TOS 

sO wOkE GuYs

Uh-oh I said guys instead of people, must be that toxic masculinity. 
  • TFBisquit
    2212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    parkingbrake said:

DevilsBathtub said:
    Well, if the same amount of money that used to get you a new car now gets you only a bicycle, it does sort of seem like the seller doesn't hold you in much respect.  Fifteen dollars used to get us four new maps, plus some vehicles and a bunch of new weapons and gadgets and assignments and sometimes a new game mode as well (a permanent one, not a one-week remake of another mode).  Now EA has DICE doing a skin for a character that is probably done by a few devs at most in a short time and selling it for almost as much as a four-map expansion pack--they obviously think there are enough fools who will pay for cosmetics that they no longer need to put in the effort they once did on the big DLC we used to get several times a year.  That does suggest a considerable lack of respect for their customers.

Because DLCs were extremely cheap. BF players are too stupid to realize that 15 euros for a DLC that includes - 4-6 maps, new factions, new vehicles and new weapons is a killer deal. Premium was 50 euros, yet it included twice the amount of maps compared to a base game for less money. Now Dice is screwing you over only because of your own stupidity. We can't blame anyone but ourselves for it.

Actually they were not cheap, you used to get an expansion for those prices. Which added campaign missions and extra maps. At a certain point they all butchered it down to a 5 piece map pack for almost the same an expansion pack costed. Eventually in bf3 we got premium where it was cheaper to get that, instead of separate dlc packs. Looking back at it I found premium a decent solution, while I myself bought it on black Friday. But back in the day many found the price for 5 maps outrageous.
    I can certainly understand that people want to pay for more maps in bfv, but if these maps would have the quality of some of the base maps, I bet many would find it too expensive also.
    As for the prices they ask for the skins, I too find them expensive. It's one more step down the ladder.
    From expansion packs doubling your base game, to 5 maps, to 1 or 2 elite skins. At least those skins bring some extra animations, like puppets on a string.
  • fragnstein
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't think you understand splitting the community. Everyone who bought the game has access to play these modes.
    You can invite everyone with the game to play with you

Let's say you bought the dlc, but 10% of your friends didn't. Now either you play the base with those friends or screw them and play dlc with those who bought it. THAT is splitting the community

If a dlc was released and not everyone bought it, then you are having some on play the base and some play the dlc. After 5 dlc you have some that bought say 3 dlc, maybe 1, maybe all 5. This required server's to be set up with several different dlc configurations to please everyone with different games