Weekly BF

BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

BURGERKRIEG
938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That’s how I saw it described on the forums the week and it’s true.

There is only a minority of players enjoying it. Most people don’t like the core gameplay experience. 

This is why servers are being shut down 8 months into the game’s life cycle. It’s not because of lack of content or that there is stuttering on PC or that some assignment is bugged. Or this issue or that gripe. 

Unless this fact is admitted and addressed by overhauling the gameplay the player base will continue to rapidly dwindle.

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.
  • marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is a campy mess but maybe its cuz im try hard but i do enjoy the core gameplay, i look at the camping meta as separate from the core of the game that’s super lethal gunplay and a reliance on teammates to get the job done. Sure i’d much rather lone wolf it, but if camping werent the meta i think i’d have infinitely more fun because the core is solid. Its the meta that needs work.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I completely agree with the OP. BFV gameplay is campy due to low recoil weapons and a fast TTK. It rewards stationary defensive gameplay. Also known as turrent strategy.

Then there's the low visibility issue compounding the camping even further. Players just get frustrated, bored, and find a new game to play.
    Agreed.

These are the two major issues that the current supporters of the gameplay won’t entertain as a major problem.

Yet the facts still stand.

Base game features are being cut due to the fact the are no longer sustainable.

Servers are officially confirmed as being switched off in the U.K. and Ohio.

This is happening because of the 7 million people who did buy the game, there aren’t enough playing to merit the expense of paying for the servers.

EA won’t even make the player count public. That speaks volumes.

”But I like it.” isn’t a solution. Continuing without revising the gameplay will not reverse the decline of the title.

• BURGERKRIEG
    Change or die.

It is simple.

Doing more of the same thing will only intensify the current problem.

Sticking with the current course, pretending the original plan was sound and driving the ship deeper into the iceberg is madness.

• trip1ex
    4784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey nothing wrong with complaining as long as you are giving reasons for your complaining.

I could do without all the complaining with no reasoning.  

Although at this point do we have to give any reasoning?  Most of the reasoning has been given 1000x over.  I get to the point where I just post more andmore  in shorthand basically and if you want the reasons read the old posts.  Bad enough that by the time you get on page 2 of any thread you get the same questions and dumb comments that were either answered or countered on the first page.  

• ez4u2hit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That’s how I saw it described on the forums the week and it’s true.There is only a minority of players enjoying it. Most people don’t like the core gameplay experience. This is why servers are being shut down 8 months into the game’s life cycle. It’s not because of lack of content or that there is stuttering on PC or that some assignment is bugged. Or this issue or that gripe. 
    Unless this fact is admitted and addressed by overhauling the gameplay the player base will continue to rapidly dwindle.

Well said. I tried very hard to enjoy bf1 and struggled through to level 50 but barely got any of my achievements done or perks unlocked. Level 150's were dominating every game, I never even saw who killed me once. My kd was around 0.2.
    I was hoping BFV would be different but all the hardcore bf1 guys switched over.
  • ez4u2hit
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.

I disagree