BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• RABID_4TUNA
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could the TTD, lag issues be connected to the Amazon servers? 

I usually get to play around peak hours in the UK (PS4 11 ping at home, 22 ping at my girlfriends) and most of the time the insta deaths are in every server. Recently I started switching to NA (ping 90-95) servers and the difference is phenomenal, the TTK/TTD match far better. 
    Around 11pm the stability goes downhill again and I switched back to Europe and found the TTK/TTD far better matched.

This seem's incredibly unlikely but can peak hour gaming be putting too much stress on Amazon servers? I've only started doing this since Monday so I need to test it more but so far when it gets too around 6pm in the EU and NA the stability just plummets on console.
    Apparently AWS charges more for certain server locations, so some game publishers choose the less expensive locations even though that results in reduced performance.  When PUBG had its EU server location in Ireland there were many complaints, when they moved it to Germany the game ran better (at least when Team Wai Gau from internet cafes in China wasn't there).  PUBG also cut costs by closing server locations and hosting all NA servers in one location, an absurd thing to do for such an enormous region.  But EA is following that same course by shutting down the central location and just having east and west coast servers, so half of NA is guaranteed to have a poor ping if they end up in the wrong location.

At one point in BF4 there were 2,500 servers, all paid for by the operators.  So not only did the cost of servers not matter to EA, if there were enough players in an area to band together and rent a server, then they could play with a decent ping (unless EA was too dumb to license a server host in that region which they sometimes were).  But in its effort to make Battlefield a one-size-fits-all game, EA has chosen to put all the servers with one host, so we're stuck with whatever AWS can deliver.  BFV is a showcase for bad business decisions, it really is a how-not-to guide when it comes to messing up what could have been a much better game. 
    Then there's Fallout 76, where the servers there tend to constantly crash or kick you out, no matter the location.
  • Legarhead
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to bump this everyday untill BFV is not a campy, try hard, insta death bore.
  • ragnarok013
    2880 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Could the TTD, lag issues be connected to the Amazon servers? 

I usually get to play around peak hours in the UK (PS4 11 ping at home, 22 ping at my girlfriends) and most of the time the insta deaths are in every server. Recently I started switching to NA (ping 90-95) servers and the difference is phenomenal, the TTK/TTD match far better. 
    Around 11pm the stability goes downhill again and I switched back to Europe and found the TTK/TTD far better matched.

This seem's incredibly unlikely but can peak hour gaming be putting too much stress on Amazon servers? I've only started doing this since Monday so I need to test it more but so far when it gets too around 6pm in the EU and NA the stability just plummets on console.
    Apparently AWS charges more for certain server locations, so some game publishers choose the less expensive locations even though that results in reduced performance.  When PUBG had its EU server location in Ireland there were many complaints, when they moved it to Germany the game ran better (at least when Team Wai Gau from internet cafes in China wasn't there).  PUBG also cut costs by closing server locations and hosting all NA servers in one location, an absurd thing to do for such an enormous region.  But EA is following that same course by shutting down the central location and just having east and west coast servers, so half of NA is guaranteed to have a poor ping if they end up in the wrong location.

At one point in BF4 there were 2,500 servers, all paid for by the operators.  So not only did the cost of servers not matter to EA, if there were enough players in an area to band together and rent a server, then they could play with a decent ping (unless EA was too dumb to license a server host in that region which they sometimes were).  But in its effort to make Battlefield a one-size-fits-all game, EA has chosen to put all the servers with one host, so we're stuck with whatever AWS can deliver.  BFV is a showcase for bad business decisions, it really is a how-not-to guide when it comes to messing up what could have been a much better game. 
    Then there's Fallout 76, where the servers there tend to constantly crash or kick you out, no matter the location.
    I rarely experience that in FO76 and I play it every day. Perhaps a call to your ISP is in order?
  • filthmcnasty
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like how it is, the best softcore mode yet. You have to pat more attention to your surroundings and use the right equipment. I play Breakthrough and Ops, Outpost atm, and I can't even count how many times I've seen teams lose because they refuse to use smoke when traversing open terrain ideal for sniping, not using enough medics, too many snipers when attacking, and timidness when capping an objective.
    Few people use their heads. BF5 has a learning curve but it's no worse than most other games. CoD is about knowing the maps, Fortnite is luck/tactics for surviving, BF is knowing the classes.
    If you think this is bad, play R6:Siege, The Last of Us, World of Tanks, etc.
    BF5 is not hard
  • AreaDeniaI
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    I'm going to bump this everyday untill BFV is not a campy, try hard, insta death bore.
    You are end bottom stats wise, bump your skills instead and stop blaming this game.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    256 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AreaDeniaI wrote: »
    Legarhead said:

You are end bottom stats wise, bump your skills instead and stop blaming this game.

How dare you suggest that it's an user-problem! ;)
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    I guess I still have plenty of bumping up to do, since I consider BFV a really subpar experience.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Whatever the reason, the majority of the playerbase has left the game and that is not good for anyone.
    BF is on the way to becoming a niche game for the few and I can't believe that is EA / dice intention.

Let’s hope the pendulum swings back hard. I wouldn’t mind a casual bf4/1 type game with less spotting, less suppression, and less spread.

Dice had a lay up in front of them after bf1. Idk how they biffed this one so badly after that success.

What were the executives thinking :expressionless:
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    i have liked BF games sins 1942 and liked the gaming community around them. but now its full of Public heros that have an twitch channel or an you tube channel that play hard camp fest and put more time in game then you can do when you work. and think that hey get to tell ppl that they suck and they are so fantastic at the game and there ide of how this game shod be is the only way. t and sooner than later they are going to pull the plug and BF5 is no more and do an new game. 

if some one is playing the game and feels its an camp fest and boring they are entitled to say so and the other way around even if there stats are not in the ballpark of an try hard you tuber or twitch steamer. 

balance maps away from long range encounters so we dont get recon sprees on every map and game mode. this new mod is now filling up whit camping recon

[Edited for bait]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • TyroneLoyd
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    i have liked BF games sins 1942 and liked the gaming community around them. but now its full of Public heros that have an twitch channel or an you tube channel that play hard camp fest and put more time in game then you can do when you work. and think that hey get to tell ppl that they suck and they are so fantastic at the game and there ide of how this game shod be is the only way. t and sooner than later they are going to pull the plug and BF5 is no more and do an new game.

if some one is playing the game and feels its an camp fest and boring they are entitled to say so and the other way around even if there stats are not in the ballpark of an try hard you tuber or twitch steamer.

balance maps away from long range encounters so we dont get recon sprees on every map and game mode. this new mod is now filling up whit camping recon

[Edited for bait]

I can see where your coming from on the first paragraph but it's misguided. A lot of us do have full time jobs. I myself play in 2 maybe 3 HR sessions my 2-3 times a week to stream bf (basically the weekend). Many us do have differing opinions at times because we are on different sides of the spectrum so some will only base there opinion on what they experience.
    Never assume what people are. You'd be surprised who actually play games like this and what they do. This why I usually don't assume or belittle someones profession.

"Do you boo boo"

What needs to be decided is what dice wants the game to be stylistically. BFV is confusing mess of ideas that could work if they just took the leap.

Whole post was pretty disrespectful if you ask me.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What needs to be decided is what dice wants the game to be stylistically. BFV is confusing mess of ideas that could work if they just took the leap.
    Do you reckon there's any chance they're starting to drop the "our interpretation of WWII" stupidity? I mean, Iwo Jima is coming, which is a very iconic battleground. The Japanese uniforms seem authentic from what little I've seen, too. I hope they've realised that most people aren't interested in DICE's vision of an alternate WWII, and are desperate for the classic scenarios.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    TyroneLoyd_TV said:

Do you reckon there's any chance they're starting to drop the "our interpretation of WWII" stupidity? I mean, Iwo Jima is coming, which is a very iconic battleground. The Japanese uniforms seem authentic from what little I've seen, too. I hope they've realised that most people aren't interested in DICE's vision of an alternate WWII, and are desperate for the classic scenarios.

Doubtful I believe this content was definitely planned from the beginning but with the knee jerk reaction with the reveal and backlash and set backs at launch I believe they are just behind schedule. I'm mainly speaking toward the game mechanics in generap. It looks like they tried to please the hardcore audience (which I wanted bf to be "harder") but couldnt pull the trigger and settled for an inbetween game mashed together with the casual audience. This is why it has such an identify crisis currently.

Edit* One note most of these actions are for sure self inflicted though.
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    Meaning you're waiting for the game to be dumbed down or changed radically beyond the point of recognition?  Until whole tactical part of the community leaves and there won't be any opposite opinions? I can't speak for everyone, but I'm here to stay. And if DICE continues to dumb the game down I shall leave the franchise for good because of  (kind of) false advertising. The game was advertised as a more hardcore and tactical experience, the beta ( we all know it's a name for a demo with bugs nowadays) has presented it to me, and that's why I bought it.

I liked the game in beta, liked the attrition, no random bullet deviation, stronger tanks, liked powerful bombers at launch and even more after a couple of really needed nerfs and tweaks. Now the game is getting dumbed down in my opinion. The extra recoil recently added to ARs and SMGs sometimes feels like RBD made it back into the game. Soldiers have a radioactive glow instead of working uniforms. Tanks don't scare the infantry now as they should, they the target now instead. Big bombs or cannons now require a direct hit or multiple direct hits on infantry to get a kill, bombers are not a permanent threat to the whole team and because of that less players opt to play stationary AA which was also heavily nerfed to even things out somehow. Is this what you like? Nerffield?

What I don't like is the game drastically changing it's core gameplay (style) to cater to a different audience like some indie 30$ early access game. Oh wait a minute... Even indie early access games don't do that. I can't even imagine what will happen to Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose if developers make those games play like COD.

• Trokey66
    8155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags or @ragnarok013 forum monster is at it again!

Can you slay it please!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12575 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Trokey66 said:
    @LOLGotYerTags or @ragnarok013 forum monster is at it again!

Can you slay it please!
    Done,  it wont be bothering you any further :)
  • Dank_Jeezus
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, BFV is super campy. But it's not a user issue. Go play other games like CSGO, Black Squad, BF3/BF4, Insurgency etc... You'll notice they're less campy. Campy, but less so. The reason is map design. Unlike BFV, the other games have more urban warfare in them. More complex structures, alleyways, complex buildings -- as opposed to the one or two story houses in BFV. The map design doesn't encourage players to camp, it doesn't make it particularly advantageous for them to camp. You can always anticipate where the enemy is going to be coming from and you can move in relative safety knowing that the enemy is somewhere *there*.

But in BFV with maps being nothing but open fields with trees, small houses, dirt and rocks everywhere the anticipation factor is much less effective. It's alot more random. When you can't effectively anticipate where the enemy is, you're more likely to hunker down and keep an eye out the horizon till some poor soul gets in your field of view and you take them out, then he calls you a camper in the chat.

It's not the players, it's the garbage map design.

I agree but it’s the gunplay too. Undeniably.