This Week in Battlefield V

BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• BtheReaper49
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the maps. Map design promotes and rewards players who camp. It punishes those who don't camp. Even those who move but do their best to move cautiously get punished. The maps are all outdoors. They're wide open. There are no buildings bigger than 2 floors, no alleyways, no corners where you can play the angles. Nothing. It's all open. Hide and some poor soul is bound to come into you field of view, profit. Rinse and repeat.

It's no wonder maps like Amiens, Fort de Vaux, Argonne and achi baba were so popular in BF1. They werent complete open fields with a few rocks and 2 story houses. You could actually be tactical on those maps. We don't have anything like them in BFV. Arras before all the little houses get blown up, though I dislike the flag layout. And Rotterdam maybe.

You hit the nail on the head! They screwed this game with the horrendous map design. Have you ever seen worse maps than Hamada and Aerodrome? I haven't.
    And since nobody wants to PTFO because you can barely move (other than through occasional smoke) it's become nothing but a sniper & MMG fest with people looking to improve their K/D ratio. Really sad 😥
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    Tactical? There were no tactics in Fort de Vaux... bipods in every corridor, grenade spamming, snipers camping near the French spawn, shot gun guys and smgs camping in corners. Map was a campfest every game.

Achi Baba was the same, but with mortars.

Amiens was fun, but every map snipers and bipods set up in the same place.

Argonne was the worst as like metro you knew exactly where the enemy would go and every choke point was camped by three martini henries, some bipod 1917s, and some shot gun mook hiding in every bunker oh and mortars. No tactics at all. Camp or Zerg... through the limited channels..

I’ve played all of them since BFBC2. Only hardline had maps with any kind of unique layout... aimed primarily at driving cars around.

All bf maps otherwise are wide and open vehicle maps.
    Urban maps...
    or some hybrid of the two.

Urban maps ALWAYS have had people camping to cover doorways and corridors, snipers and bipods in windows and covering streets.

The wide open maps have always had snipers camping on the flanks or any available high point, and bipod mgs setting up in any available cover... usually covering objectives. BFV is no different.

The TTK and TTD are wildly different. But then BF4 had this problem, afaicr until I quit and moved to hardline which was some 15-18 months.

Sounds like you just hate bf as a whole my friend
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On the contrary. Loved BF3, BF1 and BFV.
    Enjoyed Hardline and Bad Company 2.
    BF4 was a huge disappointment.

What I don’t like is weak arguments.

There is a lot wrong with BFV. But all the complaints about bad map design, camping and too many snipers make no sense when we get the same issues every game. Trying to claim BFV is a sniping camp fest means to me that you never played Floodzone, Metro, Firestorm, Langcam Dam, Achibaba, Fort De Vaux etc etc.
  • TFBisquit
    1635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know, the casual player picks this game up, grabs a recon kit, and fires at me. I get hit, duck for cover, heal, he hits me again, misses some shots and find it's harder than he thought.
    Same for other classes and weapons.
    Comes to the forum to get some pointers, reads about laser accuracy and insane ease of use for most weapons. Leaves confused, thinking the game isn't suited for him.
    So while I agree some seem to have laser accuracy, many do not, for whatever reason.
    Therefore it's strange that some call this game too easy, while others find it unreasonably hard.
    Which in turn would explain why some choose for a safe spot to get some sort of fun out of it.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    On the contrary. Loved BF3, BF1 and BFV.
    Enjoyed Hardline and Bad Company 2.
    BF4 was a huge disappointment.

What I don’t like is weak arguments.

There is a lot wrong with BFV. But all the complaints about bad map design, camping and too many snipers make no sense when we get the same issues every game. Trying to claim BFV is a sniping camp fest means to me that you never played Floodzone, Metro, Firestorm, Langcam Dam, Achibaba, Fort De Vaux etc etc.

I rarely see more than 1 squad sniper camping on Floodzone, Firestorm and Lancang Dam.
    Metro is a linear map so what you call camping I call defending on that map (unless you are talking about sniping from their deployment which only happens when the other team takes all flags).

I don’t see how you can call any of those maps sniper camp fests.
  • StormSaxon
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quite easily. Going all the way back to BF3 on ps3 Firestorm in particular could have up to 25%-33% of the map sniping, at any time... they’d be hill snipers shooting into the map, they’d be two or three on the oil platforms and 1 on every rooftop. Most with spawn beacons.
    You would have guaranteed snipers in exactly the same spots EVERY game on Grand Bazaar. Including several who didn’t leave the spawn.

Certain maps will attract snipers... because the long range and good sniping spots. BFV certainly has maps which are good for snipers .... but I don’t see it any differently to any version of the game I’ve played before in the last 10 years. Trying to claim otherwise is either confirmation bias, selective memory or rewriting “history”.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The verticality was sometimes an issue, especially in Flood Zone, but in BF3\4 we had a functional mortar that actually had distance to suppress or kill the people on a roof or even make them move. I was super happy to be able to blow up cranes in BF4 after the crane sniper epidemic in BF3.
    Fair enough. However, the mortars in BF4 posed their own problems, especially when you consider the fact that they could be remote controlled. I saw people put their mortars on high buildings, and fire them from there. I think that actually improved their range a bit.

If you tried to use a mortar in BF4, you'd get called a tryhard camper anyways ... never mind that you were trying to take out camping imbeciles in the first place with the mortar.

The funniest way to take out campers was with the SUAV, in my opinion. That usually made them go away for a while, probably out of sheer embarrassment. 
  • tempo_rarity
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ A grainy black-n-white screen showed me again and again that NOTHING in BF4 ever instilled fear in other Players quite like a small remote-controlled plane did :lol:

. . .

BF always adds 'The Counter' , which in V (I think) it's supposed to be the PIAT vs Campers (?)
    I don't think everyone knows how to mortar with a PIAT yet though .
    I only ever see those Artillery Barrages .
     . . but then I think  "Meh , it's still a 'newish' Game , give it time . . ."
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I love how 3x scope assault and lmg players whine about mmg and AT boys players, while they are self the biggest campers.

3x scope, insane accuracy and insane low TTK are the real reasons this game matches the topic title ...

The one thing reddit/this site/resetera/etc all have in common is the lack of understanding that THIS is what’s truly wrong and toxic in bfv.

You guys just FINALLY got your cheesy gunplay and lo and behold it **** the game up.

I thought BF1 gunplay was much better than whatever this crap in BFV is I've been saying the ttk is way too low since the game came out, and the maps do indeed suck way too many places to camp and not know exactly where you're possibly getting hit from.

But players say move smart move 'tactical' this isn't siege Battlefield has always been more of an arcade shooter, and hell I find even HL to be way more fun than BFV.
  • SirTerrible
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    NLBartmaN said:
    I love how 3x scope assault and lmg players whine about mmg and AT boys players, while they are self the biggest campers.

3x scope, insane accuracy and insane low TTK are the real reasons this game matches the topic title ...
    It's a broad range of things combining to create the style of play we have in BFV. Visibility, TTK/TTD, weapon balance, weapon design, gadgets, map design, attrition, etc. No single thing can be changed to improve the pace of the game. It needs a lot of work in multiple areas
    edit: to meaningfully improve the pace of the game i meant to say..like fix just one of those issues and we won't be seeing people coming back in waves but it would still of course be an improvement.
    Post edited by SirTerrible on
  • TropicPoison
    2415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

It's a broad range of things combining to create the style of play we have in BFV. Visibility, TTK/TTD, weapon balance, weapon design, gadgets, map design, attrition, etc. No single thing can be changed to improve the pace of the game. It needs a lot of work in multiple areas.

I do agree with this that BFV needs A LOT of work in all areas guns, map design, even sound since it's pretty crap as well, vehicles especially, and ttk/ttd which I think is one of the problems pushing players away the most imo.

Just hope that they don't pull this crap with the next Battlefield or they're done.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just hope that they don't pull this crap with the next Battlefield or they're done.
    Same team is probably working on the next title, so why should it be any different.
    The magic is gone, but it has been fun. RIP BF
  • TropicPoison
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    TropicPoison said:

Same team is probably working on the next title, so why should it be any different.The magic is gone, but it has been fun. RIP BF

I sure as hell hope not.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    Remaking BF1 with Bad Company clothes on isn’t going to work either.

All the guys that loved BF1 couldn’t care less that the game did not go down well on PC or that a good part of the traditional BF player base did not warm to the streamlined vision of BF it touted.

BFV is a response to the criticism levelled at BF1, however it looks like they went too far and cut out a large section of what a significant number of fans enjoyed about the game series.

Aren't the rumours that DICE LA has been working on the next title? It’s going to be interesting to see what’s next.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

It's a broad range of things combining to create the style of play we have in BFV. Visibility, TTK/TTD, weapon balance, weapon design, gadgets, map design, attrition, etc. No single thing can be changed to improve the pace of the game. It needs a lot of work in multiple areas.

I don't know. I feel following this franchise so closely that the product indicates that it's not the same people making the games. It feels like they've been losing dev talent. If it hasn't been looking positive the last year or two I'm not sure its going to be any different with BF2020.

• BtheReaper49
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The one thing reddit/this site/resetera/etc all have in common is the lack of understanding that THIS is what’s truly wrong and toxic in bfv.

You guys just FINALLY got your cheesy gunplay and lo and behold it **** the game up.

Yes sir..if the assault only had iron sights and red dot sights this game would play entirely different
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13063 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 23

@Dank_Jeezus

Swearing on the forum is not permitted,  Per forum rules.

Please bear this in mind moving forward.

Thank you.