Weekly Debrief

BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has been slowly morphing into Call of Duty for years. With every iteration it looses more Battlefield characteristics.

Battlefield's originality is dead. Whoever makes the decssions is always chasing whatever game made the most money the previous year.

I always wondered how they know what the next COD will incorporate because the latest BF is released around the same time as one of the new CODs is, and it takes a while to develope. Like Black Ops 4 came out with attrition and a fartnite mode. A couple of weeks later BFV is announced to have implemented the same things.

RIP Battlefield.

• RABID_4TUNA
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 23
    DJTN1 said:
    Battlefield has been slowly morphing into Call of Duty for years. With every iteration it looses more Battlefield characteristics.

Battlefield's originality is dead. Whoever makes the decssions is always chasing whatever game made the most money the previous year.

I always wondered how they know what the next COD will incorporate because the latest BF is released around the same time as one of the new CODs is, and it takes a while to develope. Like Black Ops 4 came out with attrition and a fartnite mode. A couple of weeks later BFV is announced to have implemented the same things.

RIP Battlefield.

Appalachia or Bust!
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24

I am pretty optimistic about the next game. BFV should be a pretty big lesson for 'em. I think they are hearing loud and clear that we just want a game that is fun, not some ultra serious hide and seek war sim with a bit of action man mixed in. They have BF3. BF4, and BF1 to lean on for inspiration. Give the vocal minority their Hardcore camper mode while returning the regular Battlefield experience to something closer to BF3 -BF1 era. Do that and I think most of us will be happy.

No, thx. Hardcore mode was unbalanced because the game was balanced around normal. If I want to play something “unbalanced” I’ll play ArmA or something similar. Hardcore mode is the definition of pleasing no one in my opinion. Still had a fair share of players though. And no, hardcore wasn’t a camper mode. You didn’t play it much did you?

BF V is nowhere near an ultra serious hide and seek milsim. 3-4 headshots to kill with FG-42... c’mon, give me a break. It’s a fun mix between something more realistic and an arcade twitch shooter. BF:BC 2, and later on 3/4, shifted this balance which was known from legacy BF games, to the arcade side. BF1 was just Randomfield, in my humble opinion.

The question that bothers me is why can’t people that dislike BF V heavily just play older Battlefield games that they like so much? They’re not outdated, have a playerbase, and do so many things right...

Why request the same gameplay? BF V mixes things up a bit, gives something new to learn and master. Why should someone ask for a new game, when he or she doesn’t want a new challenge? BF is certainly not an open world and/or RPG game where players want a new game world or a new story. When I personally find myself in this kind of situation I just save my money.

So now instead of getting something new I’m starting to get the old experience with new bugs. Attrition nerfed. Vehicles nerfed. AP mines are getting nerfed into oblivion. Supply crates are having an aura again, so players who are not smart enough to get ammo or health by pressing a button now will still get some supplies automatically. And it looks like it will get worse later on.

Edit: Quote edit
    Post edited by BlankDiplomacy on
  • NLBartmaN
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The question that bothers me is why can’t people that dislike BF V heavily just play older Battlefield games that they like so much? They’re not outdated, have a playerbase, and do so many things right...

Why request the same gameplay? BF V mixes things up a bit, gives something new to learn and master. Why should someone ask for a new game, when he or she doesn’t want a new challenge? BF is certainly not an open world and/or RPG game where players want a new game world or a new story. When I personally find myself in this kind of situation I just save my money.

So now instead of getting something new I’m starting to get the old experience with new bugs. Attrition nerfed. Vehicles nerfed. AP mines are getting nerfed into oblivion. Supply crates are having an aura again, so players who are not smart enough to get ammo or health by pressing a button now will still get some supplies automatically. And it looks like it will get worse later on.
    It is simple: you (and others that like the initial BF V gameplay, are in such a minority (and mostly prefer CoD and other twitch shooters without vehicles), the game does not sell and the playerbase gets smaller every day, because the game initial gun- and gameplay is like the title says.

They have no other choice, they need to remove/nerf all that crap to have some players left in a couple of months and maybe get some new players.

Players like you (and others that like the initial BF V game- and gunplay just should get hardcore mode and the rest the "classic" BF play.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

It is simple: you (and others that like the initial BF V gameplay, are in such a minority (and mostly prefer CoD and other twitch shooters without vehicles), the game does not sell and the playerbase gets smaller every day, because the game initial gun- and gameplay is like the title says.

They have no other choice, they need to remove/nerf all that crap to have some players left in a couple of months and maybe get some new players.

Players like you (and others that like the initial BF V game- and gunplay just should get hardcore mode and the rest the "classic" BF play.
    But what if I don't like hardcore mode, and never have in any BF series? What if there was a winnie hut junior mode, where players like you can run around and have all the time to react in the world, max sensitivity settings are limited( can't get too twitchy), and Nacho Cheese Doritos litter the map? I can play the classic mode (with ongoing balance improvements of course), and the mil-sim people can play actual hardcore.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    NLBartmaN said:

(1)It is simple: you (and others that like the initial BF V gameplay, are in such a minority (and mostly prefer CoD and other twitch shooters without vehicles), (2)the game does not sell and the (3)playerbase gets smaller every day, because the game initial gun- and gameplay is like the title says.

(4)They have no other choice, they need to remove/nerf all that crap to have some players left in a couple of months and maybe get some new players.

(5)Players like you (and others that like the initial BF V game- and gunplay just should get hardcore mode and the rest the "classic" BF play.
    1. I noticed quite the opposite. Most who like the initial BF V gameplay like vehicles and despise RnG gameplay what COD is all about.

2. The game isn't selling well because of bad PR/reviews and bugs. Those who haven't played the game yet will say that BF V is "a hot mess". To get an opinion on gameplay you need to play the game in person as watching YouTubers will show you identical gameplay to previous instalments. There is no other way to know if it's to your liking or not.

3. The playerbase gets smaller not only because of gameplay. Sure BF V is a more niche game but the playerbase is also shrinking (not growing) because of performance problems across all platforms, cheating problem and pretty high hardware requirements (PC only). Even if someone bought the game/origin access/ tried BF V trial they will not stick around for too long because of problems described.

4. Won't help if they won't fix issues described above.

5. Gladly take it if it will be balanced separately from 'normal'

And what indicates that I'm a twitch shooter fan? My nickname? Cpt. J. Price is quite a colourful character for a FPS singleplayer. 
  • BlankDiplomacy
    edited June 24
    @LOLGotYerTags sorry to bother you, but it seems my post got chewed up by the forum after the last edit, can you help please?

Edit:It’s all good, thanks. 
  • NLBartmaN
    3479 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But what if I don't like hardcore mode, and never have in any BF series? What if there was a winnie hut junior mode, where players like you can run around and have all the time to react in the world, max sensitivity settings are limited( can't get too twitchy), and Nacho Cheese Doritos litter the map? I can play the classic mode (with ongoing balance improvements of course), and the mil-sim people can play actual hardcore.
    Then you will to play with less and less players ... and a lot of bugs ...  because there is no money ... because nobody buys the game ...

What you want, too few players like and kills the game.

Maybe the new CoD is a good idea for you?
  • KingRofty
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played some BF1 last night and just had a blast on the "Beyond the Marne" Operation. Gameplay and atmosphere was so satisfying compared to BFV.
    BFV is like going to your kids year end 5th grade concert. You know it will be boring but just have to endure it. BF1 is like a rock concert that has you on full tilt
    Fully agree with you!!
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Then you will to play with less and less players ... and a lot of bugs ...  because there is no money ... because nobody buys the game ...

NLBartmaN said:

This forum is literally just an echo chamber of the same opinions from the same camp, reinforced in perpetuity. Every. Single. Week. 

Out of ALLL the problems with this game from announcement, to launch, to post launch somehow, someway, it has been concluded, that it is the "run and gun", "twitch", gameplay which has driven away everyone. A portion? Sure, seems reasonable enough. But this non-sense? This whole tryhard reddit people are wrong, casual BFV forumers are right, Red vs Blue BS? Where has rational thought disappeared to?

Mr. Bartman, explain to me how you recommending a game in which you *think*, is more my speed isn't something you can do for yourself? Wasn't BF1 more your thing? Can you go back to that? What's keeping you from doing so, what's keeping anyone here from playing a game in which they don't **** every week? 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    NLBartmaN said:

NLBartmaN said:

This forum is literally just an echo chamber of the same opinions from the same camp, reinforced in perpetuity. Every. Single. Week. 

Out of ALLL the problems with this game from announcement, to launch, to post launch somehow, someway, it has been concluded, that it is the "run and gun", "twitch", gameplay which has driven away everyone. A portion? Sure, seems reasonable enough. But this non-sense? This whole tryhard reddit people are wrong, casual BFV forumers are right, Red vs Blue BS? Where has rational thought disappeared to?

Mr. Bartman, explain to me how you recommending a game in which you *think*, is more my speed isn't something you can do for yourself? Wasn't BF1 more your thing? Can you go back to that? What's keeping you from doing so, what's keeping anyone here from playing a game in which they don't **** every week? 
    Would you agree that BFV isn't doing as well as BF3, BF4, and BF1 in terms of population? Why is that? What is the main gameplay difference between BFV and those games? Battlefield exploded as a series as soon as it emphasized fast infantry gameplay with strong vehicle play as well in BC2 and BF3 because that appears to be what the masses wanted. BFV is too much of a departure from that for a lot of people, and that's why I think the next game would do well to have separate Hardcore and Core modes so people that prefer slower gameplay can enjoy the game as well as those that don't. To me BFV seems like it's not quite hardcore enough for hardcore fans but too hardcore for everyone else.
    There's no question of BFV under performing numbers. I just fail to see how every issue that has occurred in this game since it's inception can be properly shifted through to arrive at what is apparently identified as the defacto, ultimate issue which is, "BFV too hardcore".
  • Kattegat_Twin
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hardcore mode is the definition of pleasing no one in my opinion.
    Except for all the many people that it did please.
  • ragnarok013
    3351 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The verticality was sometimes an issue, especially in Flood Zone, but in BF3\4 we had a functional mortar that actually had distance to suppress or kill the people on a roof or even make them move. I was super happy to be able to blow up cranes in BF4 after the crane sniper epidemic in BF3.
    Fair enough. However, the mortars in BF4 posed their own problems, especially when you consider the fact that they could be remote controlled. I saw people put their mortars on high buildings, and fire them from there. I think that actually improved their range a bit.

If you tried to use a mortar in BF4, you'd get called a tryhard camper anyways ... never mind that you were trying to take out camping imbeciles in the first place with the mortar.

The funniest way to take out campers was with the SUAV, in my opinion. That usually made them go away for a while, probably out of sheer embarrassment. 
    Ferdinand_J_Foch I agree about the BF4 remotely operated mortar 100%, in fact it was one of the few things that I intensely disliked about the game since counter mortaring, something I loved to do became obsolete and the mortar lost a balance point.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    Hardcore mode is the definition of pleasing no one in my opinion.
    Except for all the many people that it did please.
     Thus in my opinion ;)

Yes, I've put it wrong. Hardcore mode did please many, but still isn't the same as a hardcore(ish) game made from ground up.