BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to know where the devs who designed the gameplay of BF2/BF3/BF4 went to. Whichever new studios they're on if they're still working on shooters they're probably working on future shooter titles that are worthwhile.
    Hope so. They knew what they were doing.
  • WalkingParadox88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    I really don't understand these complaints, especially saying campings a problem. in my experience, if you camp you tend to get killed and I almost never stop moving in pretty much every game mode, I also don't find the overall TTK and gameplay to hardcore or tryhard. At least not any more or less than previous BF titles. I for one am having the most fun playing a BF game since BC2 and 1943 (although I did enjoy BF4 a good amount) despite all the issues and lack of maps. Perhaps it's different on PC but on Xbox, the population and player base seems completely normal for BF.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't understand these complaints, especially saying campings a problem. in my experience, if you camp you tend to get killed and I almost never stop moving in pretty much every game mode, I also don't find the overall TTK and gameplay to hardcore or tryhard. At least not any more or less than previous BF titles. I for one am having the most fun playing a BF game since BC2 and 1943 (although I did enjoy BF4 a good amount) despite all the issues and lack of maps. Perhaps it's different on PC but on Xbox, the population and player base seems completely normal for BF.

I feel like a minority of og players are kind of getting what they wanted, and I can respect that.

But why not balance what you’re talking about, with the good parts of bf4/1 and then package it into ww2?

Hardcore lite would be fine with

- better netcode
    - Less oor players (aka need a better player base)
    - Less visual clutter
    - Better player models and uniforms
    - Less clipping into terrain
    - No 3x lazer bean COD guns that all feel the same with no glint
    - Spread (crucify me but it’s necessary when you want a bunch of guns and classes to be BALANCED)
    - No stuttering or hit marker weirdness

I can go on but I think my point is a clear and popular opinion on the game.

My platoon who quit early didn’t care about glitches, they just didn’t like the gameplay and I think the people who enjoy bfv need to accept that to a degree.
  • RABID_4TUNA
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Remember No Man's Sky, folks?
  • RABID_4TUNA
    I think after E3 the positive P.R. largely Helped by the YouTube Game changers being flown out to L.A. and having their collective egos stroked, has brought new players to the title.

DICE has fallen yet again at the first hurdle of the “new start” by failing to deliver the content they publicised at E3 on time.

This “live service” business has turned out to be awful. If the micro transactions aren’t flooding in, then the game is left half baked. 
    Bethesda seems to have fallen into its own trap at the same time
    RABID_4TUNA as one who frequently plays Fallout 76 I will say that BGS is at least listening to their player base after the disastrous launch. BGS was ardently against NPCs in FO76 but now after the community pushed back vocally we're getting a lot of changes that appear to make the game more like FO3\NV in terms of NPCs, dialog, structure etc. Does it excuse the state the game launched in? Positively not but they are trying to work with their community and I think that is a good thing regardless of what Pewdiepie says.
    Yes, I see it.

One word: Wastelanders
  • KingRofty
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole BF V "home screen" is just full of micro transactions now, which makes it feel even less than a  WW2 game.

I'm getting more Star Wars Battlefront 2 vibes than a WW2 shooter.
  • ForbidRhyme
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we need is more Mic communication the squads and a mic channel for squad leaders so that the entire team can be on the same page and people will be less likely to just solo it, pitch a tent, and camp. Other things can be tweaked once the RSP arrives if you see fit.
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we need is more Mic communication the squads and a mic channel for squad leaders so that the entire team can be on the same page and people will be less likely to just solo it, pitch a tent, and camp. Other things can be tweaked once the RSP arrives if you see fit.

And squad renaming. It’ll be great to see squads named ‘voip’, ‘air’, ‘flank’
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    I think after E3 the positive P.R. largely Helped by the YouTube Game changers being flown out to L.A. and having their collective egos stroked, has brought new players to the title.

DICE has fallen yet again at the first hurdle of the “new start” by failing to deliver the content they publicised at E3 on time.

This “live service” business has turned out to be awful. If the micro transactions aren’t flooding in, then the game is left half baked. 
    Bethesda seems to have fallen into its own trap at the same time
    RABID_4TUNA as one who frequently plays Fallout 76 I will say that BGS is at least listening to their player base after the disastrous launch. BGS was ardently against NPCs in FO76 but now after the community pushed back vocally we're getting a lot of changes that appear to make the game more like FO3\NV in terms of NPCs, dialog, structure etc. Does it excuse the state the game launched in? Positively not but they are trying to work with their community and I think that is a good thing regardless of what Pewdiepie says.
    Yes, I see it.

One word: Wastelanders
    Can't come quickly enough. I'm also really hoping they make the story for Vault 51 accessible outside of Nuclear Winter. I like story but not enough to grind out levels in that particular gamemode. 

Sorry for being off-topic. As you were.
  • ForbidRhyme
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And squad renaming. It’ll be great to see squads named ‘voip’, ‘air’, ‘flank’

I like that idea as well. It may not be effective on standard servers but when RSP hits, that'll be effective there for sure! Same with mics, squad leasd talking to each other to form a cohesive team in a rented server of like minded individuals would be epic!
  • RABID_4TUNA
    This whole “live service” model is a cancer that spread into full price AAA titles from free to play and mobile.

It is happening not because it is a natural fit for a title like BF or because it is the best way to provide quality content but rather it is a business model that is capable of generating vast profits from micro transactions or “recurrent customer spending” way beyond the traditional models employed in the past. 

Taking the free to play model, including it’s vile grinds and manipulative aspects and charging for it was clearly the original plan for all EA titles before the SWBF2 backlash. What we see with BFV is an attempt to fashion that original plan into something traditional or core gamers will buy.

The bottom line is that the live service model allows them to launch a half baked game, charge for it and hope to change the narrative surrounding the title a year or more later.
    Ironically, a game can fail miserably even if it doesn't have a "live service" model and/or microtransactions.

Take these, for example.

• TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BURGERKRIEG said:
    This whole “live service” model is a cancer that spread into full price AAA titles from free to play and mobile.

It is happening not because it is a natural fit for a title like BF or because it is the best way to provide quality content but rather it is a business model that is capable of generating vast profits from micro transactions or “recurrent customer spending” way beyond the traditional models employed in the past. 

Taking the free to play model, including it’s vile grinds and manipulative aspects and charging for it was clearly the original plan for all EA titles before the SWBF2 backlash. What we see with BFV is an attempt to fashion that original plan into something traditional or core gamers will buy.

The bottom line is that the live service model allows them to launch a half baked game, charge for it and hope to change the narrative surrounding the title a year or more later.

Ironically, a game can fail miserably even if it doesn't have a "live service" model and/or microtransactions.

Take these, for example.

Never heard of either of those games, they look like they would have failed anyways...and you're going to use a Ghostbusters game as an example...really? 🤨 those games you listed look like they were doomed before they were ever even released.
  • TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You obviously haven't been following NMS or DBG they've been doing very well redeeming themselves, and at least they give a damn about their community unlike EA or DICE.

Are you attempting to BFV damage control or something?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I feel like a minority of og players are kind of getting what they wanted, and I can respect that.

But why not balance what you’re talking about, with the good parts of bf4/1 and then package it into ww2?

Hardcore lite would be fine with

- better netcode
    - Less oor players (aka need a better player base)
    - Less visual clutter
    - Better player models and uniforms
    - Less clipping into terrain
    - No 3x lazer bean COD guns that all feel the same with no glint
    - Spread (crucify me but it’s necessary when you want a bunch of guns and classes to be BALANCED)
    - No stuttering or hit marker weirdness

I can go on but I think my point is a clear and popular opinion on the game.

My platoon who quit early didn’t care about glitches, they just didn’t like the gameplay and I think the people who enjoy bfv need to accept that to a degree.
    With RSP end of summer out of region players should be fixed that's if they are allowed to host a server in the UK again.  For hardcore lite I think you can remove the HUD and maybe lower health?  Also all game modes will be back to host them even the temporary ones.  Only thing we be waiting on is more maps.
  • Bryjo3
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well...

I think a lot of my platoon quit because hardcore lite with COD gun mechanics on cluttery maps = cancer.

All that’s left are “muh tactical” useless blueberries and the ex-cod streamer kids who FEAST on the first group.
    This is so true it hurts. Games are turning into stomp fests where one or two players completely DECIMATE the other team with laser COD SARS and if you're unlucky to be on the bad side of that you get assaulted from all sides and killed instantly on spawn because of the low TTK. Conquest steamrolls have never felt worse and it's because of the map design and TTK. Map design forces engagements into corridors. Narvik = fire from all sides , Mercury = fire from all sides. The only truly well-designed map is Arras. Ironically, Rotterdam, Devastation and Aerodrome are probably my favorite maps after Arras and I would have hated them in past battlefields.
  • TropicPoison

Well the thing about DBG is that they aren't EA and have been redeeming themselves greatly with each update,
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the 5 first weeks of this game was just super good some tweaks later on fixed stuff but after Xmas its gone down hill i think its more broken now then it started out. i never liked Devastation as it have a sniper infested bridge on it. rest is ok i think. but no squad tdm or squad conquest. that feels like pulling an old plaster that has just been sitting to long on your skin smells kinda bad as well =) 
  • RABID_4TUNA
    edited June 28

You obviously haven't been following NMS or DBG they've been doing very well redeeming themselves, and at least they give a damn about their community unlike EA or DICE.

Are you attempting to BFV damage control or something?
    I'm not under the implication that BFV/EA/DICE in its current state is any good. Even now, I'd argue that it isn't.

But still, unlike those guys... (Hint: they control Riot Games, like Wanda to AMC)

P.S. Are you saying the company that made Planetside 2 also made NMS? I don't think it's... 🤔

TropicPoison said:
    BURGERKRIEG said:

Take these, for example.

Never heard of either of those games, they look like they would have failed anyways...and you're going to use a Ghostbusters game as an example...really? 🤨 those games you listed look like they were doomed before they were ever even released.

Oh, you should have.

But yes, they were indeed doomed. And failed.