BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ez4u2hit said:
    Wrong. A major part is lack of content, whether its, rank, medals, maps, skins and so on.

I disagree
    So lack of content is a minor part of it. Had me fooled.
  • NLBartmaN
    3040 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raise the TTK to FS levels (150 health and 50-100 armor on average), remove the 3x scopes on Assault and Support, add ping (stability) limit and the game would be 50% better ... (for me)

But I like close combat shoot outs and diving into cover, which barely happens in BF V main game.
  • bran1986
    5587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Raise the TTK to FS levels (150 health and 50-100 armor on average), remove the 3x scopes on Assault and Support, add ping (stability) limit and the game would be 50% better ... (for me)

But I like close combat shoot outs and diving into cover, which barely happens in BF V main game.
    Raising the ttk across the board won't help as you would make weapons like the smgs useless. What needs to happen is the MMGs need a heavy ttk nerf. Right now the ttk of a MG42 is faster than a human can react out to 100 meters effectively making them a ohk weapon. The MG42 needs to do around 12 damage a bullet to bring its ttk into the range of all other weapons in the game. The Boys AT rifle needs to have its ohk range cut in half to 50 meters, this will cause users to be closer to the action and unable to camp in a bush out in the middle of nowhere getting cheap kills. In return the Boys AT rifle will get a buff  when it comes to damage done to vehicles.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Edit- Completely forgot, they're introducing the server programme. Hopefully it will be sophisticated enough to allow people to tailor V to their tastes and at least stop haemorrhaging players.

The server program won't be in an "acceptable working" state until October. Probably around the same time the new COD comes out. I don't care what they've said.

Considering the state of the game at the 7 month mark, even that's pushing it.

What little players are left will have completely moved on by then.
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the problem is the layout of maps they are all sniper friendly to max and then assault use semi-autos and long range guns and suport go whit some thing that might be anoying and medics hide or play sniper so its camperfield 
  • BURGERKRIEG
    848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    They can't drastically change things now, that would be the final disaster.

It can't be emphasised enough though, they must have normal and hardcore servers available at launch for the next game. The idea that the players would adapt properly to this hardcore light style was wildly optimistic and it was pretty obvious from the beta that lots of people didn't enjoy it and quit or changed their play style to moving as little as possible.
    Yes, you are right. It would only alienate the players who are engaged with BFV. They are part of the traditional BF player base a should not be shut out like they where in BF1. 

It’s like,

BF1 = One for the casuals.
    BFV = One for the Hardcore.

How to make a game that is versatile enough to appeal to both camps is a tough one. Having normal and hardcore servers at launch would be a good start.

• PtBlankDiplomacy
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain said:
    They can't drastically change things now, that would be the final disaster.

It can't be emphasised enough though, they must have normal and hardcore servers available at launch for the next game. The idea that the players would adapt properly to this hardcore light style was wildly optimistic and it was pretty obvious from the beta that lots of people didn't enjoy it and quit or changed their play style to moving as little as possible.
    Yes, you are right. It would only alienate the players who are engaged with BFV. They are part of the traditional BF player base a should not be shut out like they where in BF1. 

It’s like,

BF1 = One for the casuals.
    BFV = One for the Hardcore.

How to make a game that is versatile enough to appeal to both camps is a tough one. Having normal and hardcore servers at launch would be a good start.

It's a good idea but the last time it was implemented very poorly. Dice just copied CoD's hardcore mode and failed at it. Here's what I think:
    1. Rendered some of perks and gadgets useless.
      As far as I remember hardcore mode in CoD doesn't. If a killstreak uses the minimap then it's popping out while this killstreak is used. All perks and gadgets function as in normal. In Battlefield on the other hand with UI partly gone many things became obsolete. Faster self repairing of vehicles, squad perks for faster healing or shorter spotting time, motion sensors etc. You could use the big map or audio clues to compensate for some but it's inconvenient and blocks your view not to mention that you have to push a button to show/hide it.
    2. Weapons got out of balance
      Devs have not taken into account that BF and CoD are completely different games from map design and hit registration methods. My irritation mostly came from snipers with high caliber SRs. They where designed NOT to be OHK in normal if a target was in full health. But just because of lower HP they became OHK even if you got hit in a finger or a shoe. This brings us to my map design point. There are bolt SRs in CoD that are OHK but in BOTH modes and I find it ok because this game is a corridor shooter. Most maps are built either with real corridors or streets acting as corridors. So on most maps you can't cover a good half of the map while playing with a sniper rifle, in BF tho... It was very bad due to lack of BFV's bipod to aim mechanic.
      With snipers disscused i want to add that tanks/helicopters also highly benefited from lower HP count and no health regen. It was much easier to kill your opponent with blast damage and even if you couldn't he had no chance to heal without a help from a medic.
      Now about hitreg. In BF4's hardcore not only SR became OP but also shotguns and some other weapons. In CoD it's not as evident because of hitscan registration method. There is no ballistics involved just coordinates. So <5m = 100dmg ; >5m = 0dmg. BF has ballistics so shotguns have gotten a nice range buff.
      For success of hardcore mode in next BF iterations Dice will need at least to completely re-balance. Maybe even re-work the whole game for this particular mode. And let's be honest, there is little to no chance this will happen. Every Battlefield game struggled to get even the main mode right...

• NLBartmaN
    3040 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Raising the ttk across the board won't help as you would make weapons like the smgs useless. What needs to happen is the MMGs need a heavy ttk nerf. Right now the ttk of a MG42 is faster than a human can react out to 100 meters effectively making them a ohk weapon. The MG42 needs to do around 12 damage a bullet to bring its ttk into the range of all other weapons in the game. The Boys AT rifle needs to have its ohk range cut in half to 50 meters, this will cause users to be closer to the action and unable to camp in a bush out in the middle of nowhere getting cheap kills. In return the Boys AT rifle will get a buff  when it comes to damage done to vehicles.
    SMG'S are fine in FS, higher health and armor did not make them useless.

MMG I barely see or barely kill me, the only thing that keeps on killing me are the 3x scope no glint camp weapons, those need a serious nerf (removing the 3x scope or give them glint would be enough).

FS is a breath of fresh air with the lack of 3x scopes and no more than 60m scopes.
  • thamac15
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d gladly pay $100 just to have BFBC2 remastered with 64 players.

BFV has become a bore buggy mess.
  • trip1ex
    4648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ez4u2hit said:
    That’s how I saw it described on the forums the week and it’s true.There is only a minority of players enjoying it. Most people don’t like the core gameplay experience. This is why servers are being shut down 8 months into the game’s life cycle. It’s not because of lack of content or that there is stuttering on PC or that some assignment is bugged. Or this issue or that gripe. 
    Unless this fact is admitted and addressed by overhauling the gameplay the player base will continue to rapidly dwindle.

Well said. I tried very hard to enjoy bf1 and struggled through to level 50 but barely got any of my achievements done or perks unlocked. Level 150's were dominating every game, I never even saw who killed me once. My kd was around 0.2.
    I was hoping BFV would be different but all the hardcore bf1 guys switched over.
    They fixed that.  Now everyone is lvl 50.  ;)
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thamac15 said:
    I’d gladly pay $100 just to have BFBC2 remastered with 64 players.

BFV has become a bore buggy mess.

And I have a feeling it will be a bad experience... Just saying...