BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm tired of hearing people using BF4 to cover the issues with this game -- no offence with your post, this just triggers me. BF4 had tech issues in its first year, specifically with their servers. It sucked, but the core of the game was great. When the game worked, it showed the potential with how awesome the game would be once the issues were fixed.

With BFV, the issues go well beyond just network problems. It also includes poor UI, poorly put together classes, weapon balance, map design, lack of content just to name a few. These will not be fixed with a miracle patch. Because of this, Dice is very much in trouble with the long term health of this game.
    You see, that's all a matter of opinion. You say that the core of BF4 was brilliant, and whilst I think it wasn't too bad, I think BF4 itself suffered from serious weapon balance issues, vehicle balance issues, class balance issues, map design issues (especially awful base game maps like Flood Zone and Lockers), a lot of content but content that was either identical to too many things or completely useless ... I'm still surprised I played 650 hours of a game that I honestly cannot play today without getting annoyed by it's endless list of faults, in my eyes.

Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of BFV's core either, but there are quite a few here who do like it, so for them, it's a matter of bug-fixing preventing this game from being brilliant for these people.
  • StormSaxon
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 22
    ^ Yeah players have both rose tinted and hate tinted glasses for BF4 simultaneously.

The regurgitation of this meme that BF4 was "worse than anything" at launch....

Was it bad? Yes. Did it take a few months to fix? Yes. Was it at any point as much of the car crash that BFV is? Absolutely not. I was able to at least enjoy that game from the beginning despite it's flaws.

and then this "DICE LA transformed the game reeeeee". They made a game with bugs and crashes functional and fixed some design issues that should never have been there in the first place. Does this justifiably earn them the god-tier reputation they have? Hell no. 

A few months. Took 18 if I remember.
    Yes it was a car crash, buggy, glitchy and for many unplayable. It caused thousands of players to start threads about how crap it was, to quit and vow they were done, to go back to BF3 and BC2 ... Pretty much just like this.
    Maps were mediocre to Fjell levels of bad. Locker and Floodzone were two of the worst maps ever.
    Post edited by StormSaxon on
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:

BURGERKRIEG said:

OskooI_007 said:

Billydoc1 wrote: »
    Attrition & fast TTK/TTD are the major mistakes of BFV

no fun at all

& of course the bad netcode

True, but you never know until you try. DICE gave hardcore lite a try and players abandoned the game in droves. Hopefully DICE doesn't try it again in the next one.

I see no evidence of anyone on the design end of BFV learning from mistakes. Those responsible had better be taking a back seat on the next title.

that's true. BF5 has repeated the same mistakes that BF1 repeated from BF4.

It's so weird to see a studio repeat the same mistakes not only one, but over the course of the franchise. Remember the quitting bug and how they fixed it for bf5 and they couldn't fix it for bf1 because it was too late in development, but its still in bf5? :D

That's just one example.

I think for long time fans it’s the legacy bugs, and in terms of design fixing things that aren’t broken or scrapping improvements to quality of life stuff that is frustrating.

Very frustrating. The comma rose has been broken for two games now. From bf1 to now. just one example of a legacy issue that should have been fixed
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    Attrition & fast TTK/TTD are the major mistakes of BFV
    no fun at all
    & of course the bad netcode

True, but you never know until you try. DICE gave hardcore lite a try and players abandoned the game in droves. Hopefully DICE doesn't try it again in the next one.

It was hardcore changes that no one ask for. What's funny though I said attrition was bad from the start and yet people still defend attrition. They don't know what attrition results in. They can't put two and two together. They complain about camping but yet love attrition.

Doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up.
  • PtBlankDiplomacy
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy said:

It was hardcore changes that no one ask for. What's funny though I said attrition was bad from the start and yet people still defend attrition. They don't know what attrition results in. They can't put two and two together. They complain about camping but yet love attrition.

Somehow I can't see how attrition promotes camping. I can see how bad visibility (by which, strangely, me and my friends were/are not affected), performance and issues could force some players to camp, but attrition doesn't make sense to me. One can't camp too long if is running out of ammo or health quickly, players have to move to get more supplies. You can't really camp with medic class effectively for a long time - Assault or Support with a shotgun will smoke a camper out in no time. MMG supports were originally designed to be the ultimate defending class, so they have an endless ammo supply, still they can be countered with a shotgun, sniper/marksman rifle or explosives. Nerf of attrition was a mistake in my opinion. Less ammo = less camping and slower game pace.

• BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The core gameplay play has needed another revision since the thing launched but due to the fact the dev team are struggling to deliver the basic content and have the game running in an acceptable fashion it hasn’t happened.

At this point in its life cycle they should be refining gameplay not desperately trying to squash serious bugs. That means gameplay remains unaddressed and little to no progress is made. It’s not a priority.

Obviously they will learn from the marketing disaster, signs of that are present in the last trailers, but we hear nothing about gameplay. The core features being re-examined. If they assume it’s solid then BF6 will be more of the same with Bad Company clothes on.
  • mph199
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's too late for BFV, the players have moved on. We can only hope DICE learns from BFV's hardcore-lite gameplay with it's fast TTK, low recoil weapons, health and ammo attrition that drove players away.

DICE likes to start over from scratch with each new Battlefield. That approach has never been needed more than with the next one they come out with.
    While I mostly agree with your point, it has to be said that players on this very forum (and especially the old Forumfield) were begging nonstop for those very features you described so BF could be a TRUE "gungame"... Crazy recoil, random spread, heavy suppression, high TTK and infinite ammo/med spamming are mostly nonexistent and there is a almost a forced emphasis on full squad play versus 1-2 man lone wolf slaying machines...
  • Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well some ppl asked for skill based gun play one player shod be able to kill a squad on his/her own and now we got that so i dont get it do we ask for an new gun play game plan mid game or? 
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    well some ppl asked for skill based gun play one player shod be able to kill a squad on his/her own and now we got that so i dont get it do we ask for an new gun play game plan mid game or? 

Who asked for that? A gaggle of annoying “influencers”.

They wanted to make the game (gunplay) as easy as possible for infantry farming.

That’s not more skilled. It’s just favoring hide and seek pro where’s Waldo position play, in huge maps with ENDLESS CLUTTER.

All culminating for the easiest bf to farm kills in.

COD style gunplay has no place in a bf title. It’s great in a competitive setting, with smaller lobbies, Better enemy contrast, and less clutter.

It’s just cheesy and easy in bfv.

For the life of me I don’t get how bfv is supposed to be more skilled. It isn’t. It just favors baby position play over actual gunfight, duels, aiming and strafing.

It’s just hiding and waiting for blueberries.

• Cerben1
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They wanted to make the game (gunplay) as easy as possible for infantry farming.

That’s not more skilled. It’s just favoring hide and seek pro where’s Waldo position play, in huge maps with ENDLESS CLUTTER.

COD style gunplay has no place in a bf title. It’s great in a competitive setting, with smaller lobbies, Better enemy contrast, and less clutter.

For the life of me I don’t get how bfv is supposed to be more skilled. It isn’t. It just favors baby position play over actual gunfight, duels, aiming and strafing.

so cod style is not strafing and aiming and some sort of gunfight duels?  did not the community say no to the new TTK? and we reverted back to the one from launch?  just asking as the cod i remember was just strafe run and gun and slower ttk then BF2 and all the bf games i have played
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dank_Jeezus said:

so cod style is not strafing and aiming and some sort of gunfight duels?  did not the community say no to the new TTK? and we reverted back to the one from launch?  just asking as the cod i remember was just strafe run and gun and slower ttk then BF2 and all the bf games i have played

No COD usually isn’t that way because it embraces its arcade setting and is somewhat competitive. Close engagements.

I’m not saying position play shouldn’t be a facet of the game. But in bfv, COD gunplay, and overly cluttered maps makes for a try hard, campy, insta death bore.

Bfv gunplay feels like COD2, except clutter, worse visibility, glitches and more players.

• oldmandown65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 23
    Is it ok if I kick you in the nuts this week just because I kicked you in the nuts last week?  I didn’t think so.
  • VOLBANKER
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed playing BF4 a lot, however I couldn’t play it at all the first six months or so because of constant crashes, and the occassional getting stuck in the graphics.
  • RABID_4TUNA
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ^ Yeah players have both rose tinted and hate tinted glasses for BF4 simultaneously.

The regurgitation of this meme that BF4 was "worse than anything" at launch....

Was it bad? Yes. Did it take a few months to fix? Yes. Was it at any point as much of the car crash that BFV is? Absolutely not. I was able to at least enjoy that game from the beginning despite it's flaws.

and then this "DICE LA transformed the game reeeeee". They made a game with bugs and crashes functional and fixed some design issues that should never have been there in the first place. Does this justifiably earn them the god-tier reputation they have? Hell no. 

A few months. Took 18 if I remember.
    Yes it was a car crash, buggy, glitchy and for many unplayable. It caused thousands of players to start threads about how crap it was, to quit and vow they were done, to go back to BF3 and BC2 ... Pretty much just like this.
    Maps were mediocre to Fjell levels of bad. Locker and Floodzone were two of the worst maps ever.
    I'd say it was a head-on crash.

Meanwhile, another car got t-boned with the side doors gone (Anthem), and another got PIT maneuvered, flipped over, and caught fire.
  • Pelliy
    Pelliy said:

Somehow I can't see how attrition promotes camping. I can see how bad visibility (by which, strangely, me and my friends were/are not affected), performance and issues could force some players to camp, but attrition doesn't make sense to me. One can't camp too long if is running out of ammo or health quickly, players have to move to get more supplies. You can't really camp with medic class effectively for a long time - Assault or Support with a shotgun will smoke a camper out in no time. MMG supports were originally designed to be the ultimate defending class, so they have an endless ammo supply, still they can be countered with a shotgun, sniper/marksman rifle or explosives. Nerf of attrition was a mistake in my opinion. Less ammo = less camping and slower game pace.

What you're saying makes sense logically But that's not what shows up in practice. In practice, one person gets dinged for 55 by a sniper, heals get dings again, freezes and waits for help to or a medic to hopefully spawn on him to give him health to push up. Instead, this becomes a wait fest where teams are just satisfied with staying back.

It actually does the opposite of moving. With the map design, visibility, and attrition create a recipe for passive gameplay.