BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    *deleted double post*
    Post edited by BlankDiplomacy on
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I think some are misconstruing what is going on. This isn't about taking a cap and defending it, that is actually playing the objective and I welcome that. What is going on is people camping out of bounds in groups of three or four, nowhere near an objective in a bush or under a tree taking potshots at those who are actually trying to take objectives, hoping to get a cheap kill or two. I've never been killed by a Boys AT user who was in the top 20 on their team. They are always like 9-11, 10-9 with sub 2k points and at the very bottom of their team.

Yeah, that is the part that annoyes me the most about the design of most maps. Add to that the out of bounds camping tanks, while not as bad as the BF1 artillery truck, and we have a complete package of cowardly players not really contributing to their team's effort.

The problem with defending flags is that the game doesn't reward you enough for doing so point-wise compared to constantly pushing forward.
  • gailjon
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    I think some are misconstruing what is going on. This isn't about taking a cap and defending it, that is actually playing the objective and I welcome that. What is going on is people camping out of bounds in groups of three or four, nowhere near an objective in a bush or under a tree taking potshots at those who are actually trying to take objectives, hoping to get a cheap kill or two. I've never been killed by a Boys AT user who was in the top 20 on their team. They are always like 9-11, 10-9 with sub 2k points and at the very bottom of their team.
    This happens a lot, especially with the new Boys rifle and the new map. 
    I see many times when it comes to squad respawn that I am respawned next to a sniper boy in my temam who has camped him/herself way off the objectives just sniping the other team., They do nothing for our team and just annoy everyone else in the match. 
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen a handful of people staying in the spawn with the Boys this week, one even put down a spawn beacon. Of course, they're making things extra difficult for themselves because the few people they do see are well beyond the optimal range of the rifle.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    This “style of play” is rampant.

As is concealed camping off flags waiting for targets to wander in.

BFV’s prone meta, coupled with visibility issues has intensified it beyond what we’d normally see.

• MsieurLeodagan
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last map merkur is worse : infested snipers....
  • DoctorHookem
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
  • c0ldsun
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well the question is have you learned something about it? Or will you already starting pre-order BF6 deluxe edition for only 199,-?
    EA and Dice only learns when you don't give them money any longer.
  • DoctorHookem
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2019
    c0ldsun said:
    Well the question is have you learned something about it? Or will you already starting pre-order BF6 deluxe edition for only 199,-?
    EA and Dice only learns when you don't give them money any longer.

Well I definitely won’t be. I will never preorder another Battlefield game again. The last one I preordered was BF3 and I stand by it. No Battlefield game since 3 has even been remotely worth a preorder. If this next COD ends up good with none of that micotransaction crap and it plays like the older ones, I’ll be moving onto that. If they get too futuristic or stuck in the past, I'll find a different game to play. It’s over for this type of stuff. EA will either crumble or give us what we ask for. I don’t care either way because if the next BF game doesn’t completely blow me away, I’ll be passing on that one as well. I don’t play Battlefield to die in .0001 seconds and I don’t play it to get shot from random people prone in some field in no mans land or crouched by a flaming barrel making it pretty much impossible to see them with their bipod or whatever laser beam they’re using. Never have I seen new players put at such a disadvantage with the guns as I have with this one. The same gun in a new players hands feels completely different than that gun in someone’s hands with unlocks. Why do I need to get to level 4? Why 4? Why not 2 or 3 or 5? It’s completely arbitrary and there’s no reason for it. It’s artificial difficulty and artificial grinding for nothing. Just so it can be a fair fight? I’ve got to unlock this crap that takes forever just so I can compete with these people with laser beam setups on their guns? No thank you. I’m done if this continues into the next games. There are plenty of games on Steam I’ve been waiting to play and they will occupy my time until the next COD gets here. Glad I played it on Origin access and didn’t actually buy it. Everybody that had a hand in this should be on the street with their families.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OK trying to do this one as short as possible. This is totally my opinion and you are allowed to disagree ;)
    Neither BF42,2,2142,3 or 4 are perfect games and some, especially BF3 and 4, had major issues at launch. But all these games had one thing in common, the core gameplay mechanics were good. The downfall of the franchise really began with BF1 when DICE started to change the direction the franchise was heading. The sad thing is they didn't learn from that and went even further with BFV.
    The pure fact that BFV loses players since release while BF3/4 kept a big part of their playerbase while struggling shows me that there's a bigger problem than missing content. Yes I understand the players nowadays just want more content and often don't care if that is a good decision. I mean what do more weapons and vehicles really bring to the table? Those are only implemented to satisfy peoples needs. The more content you add the harder balancing and patching becomes. The same goes for maps, I rather have a lower number of maps which are well designed and not just more maps that play like crap. Some years back there were games which haven't had many maps (CS1.6, CSS, etc.) but people still played them due to the good gameplay. These games were just fun to play while also being limited in weapon choices.
    Another problem BFV has, the number of maps is low and the map design is often very bad. Many maps are just flat areas surrounded by hills and contain little to no cover which also leads to the camping meta. Combine this with the changes to the recon class and tanks in general. The current state kind of forces both to camp far off since it is easier and often more rewarding. Agressive recons are extremely rare now.
    BFV seems like a bunch of bad design choices, which sounded nice at the beginning, thrown into one game. Forcing MMG to bipod to be effective? Yeah that sounds like a good idea but is just annoying. This is neither fun for the one using it nor the people getting killed by an MMG. It just feels bad. The so-called prone-meta hasn't been an issue in any previous title and now it suddenly is due to 2 rather stupid design choices, one being the aformentioned and the other being visibility. It feels like DICE wants to create new issues instead of going with what already proved working.
    There are so many more things that can be brought up here like:
    * annoying animations
    * bad vehicle spawn system
    * rather easy gunplay
    * bad netcode
    * low TTK/TTD (hard-soft-core-mixup...)
    * and more, more, more...
    There's something for everyone to rant about and it's likely people will really hate several aspects of this game and not just one. So I'd say low content might be a part of the issue but there are by far more problems with more impact.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    OK trying to do this one as short as possible. This is totally my opinion and you are allowed to disagree ;)
    Neither BF42,2,2142,3 or 4 are perfect games and some, especially BF3 and 4, had major issues at launch. But all these games had one thing in common, the core gameplay mechanics were good. The downfall of the franchise really began with BF1 when DICE started to change the direction the franchise was heading. The sad thing is they didn't learn from that and went even further with BFV.
    The pure fact that BFV loses players since release while BF3/4 kept a big part of their playerbase while struggling shows me that there's a bigger problem than missing content. Yes I understand the players nowadays just want more content and often don't care if that is a good decision. I mean what do more weapons and vehicles really bring to the table? Those are only implemented to satisfy peoples needs. The more content you add the harder balancing and patching becomes. The same goes for maps, I rather have a lower number of maps which are well designed and not just more maps that play like crap. Some years back there were games which haven't had many maps (CS1.6, CSS, etc.) but people still played them due to the good gameplay. These games were just fun to play while also being limited in weapon choices.
    Another problem BFV has, the number of maps is low and the map design is often very bad. Many maps are just flat areas surrounded by hills and contain little to no cover which also leads to the camping meta. Combine this with the changes to the recon class and tanks in general. The current state kind of forces both to camp far off since it is easier and often more rewarding. Agressive recons are extremely rare now.
    BFV seems like a bunch of bad design choices, which sounded nice at the beginning, thrown into one game. Forcing MMG to bipod to be effective? Yeah that sounds like a good idea but is just annoying. This is neither fun for the one using it nor the people getting killed by an MMG. It just feels bad. The so-called prone-meta hasn't been an issue in any previous title and now it suddenly is due to 2 rather stupid design choices, one being the aformentioned and the other being visibility. It feels like DICE wants to create new issues instead of going with what already proved working.
    There are so many more things that can be brought up here like:
    * annoying animations
    * bad vehicle spawn system
    * rather easy gunplay
    * bad netcode
    * low TTK/TTD (hard-soft-core-mixup...)
    * and more, more, more...
    There's something for everyone to rant about and it's likely people will really hate several aspects of this game and not just one. So I'd say low content might be a part of the issue but there are by far more problems with more impact.

Yea I agree with this I think its fun but they added far too much extra crap like skins and elite classes when all they needed to do was improve the game play, you know the thing people actually play the game for. 

It seems with each new BF title they add more pointless stuff and remove the game play elements that made the game good in the first place, there is not much of them left now.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

BFV’s prone meta, coupled with visibility issues has intensified it beyond what we’d normally see.

Can we stop with it? Please? Visibility was always fine if you don’t downscale the rendering resolution. If you have problems with visibility please consider recalibrating your monitor. If your monitor is not the problem then consider looking for enemies not step on them.

What prone meta? What are you talking about guys? If it’s about a couple lonely snipers or MMGs then I’m certain it was always a thing in Battlefield.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Can we stop with it? Please? Visibility was always fine if you don’t downscale the rendering resolution. If you have problems with visibility please consider recalibrating your monitor. If your monitor is not the problem then consider looking for enemies not step on them.

What prone meta? What are you talking about guys? If it’s about a couple lonely snipers or MMGs then I’m certain it was always a thing in Battlefield.
    Why did DICE recently implement a new shader to specifically enhance the visibility of the character models? 

It was because the way the game is rendered makes it more difficult for players cross platform to make out character models against the environment. 

This is different from previous titles from a technical point of view. I’m making a guess here but I worked as an environment artist last gen. So that’s what it looks like to me.

The prone meta? Are you serious? You haven’t noticed a change? It’s a core game design choice this time round. Why do you think there’s a weapon like the Boys at rifle? Think about what that weapon encourages the player to do.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
    I virtually never opt for recoil related perks. I feel like there isn't enough recoil in this game to keep guns from feeling overly unrealistic and my favorite weapons in BF3/4 were the FAMAS and the AEK 971.  I don't get this big spiel about recoil. Any time I mention increasing recoil or weapon sway as a means to balance anything players respond that this is the worst way to balance something because it's too easy to compensate.  You're the first person I recall ever hearing about too much recoil in this game.

• the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I virtually never opt for recoil related perks. I feel like there isn't enough recoil in this game to keep guns from feeling overly unrealistic and my favorite weapons in BF3/4 were the FAMAS and the AEK 971.  I don't get this big spiel about recoil. Any time I mention increasing recoil or weapon sway as a means to balance anything players respond that this is the worst way to balance something because it's too easy to compensate.  You're the first person I recall ever hearing about too much recoil in this game.

I would look at your sensitivity.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bran1986 said:

It's not specifically Recon or MMG boys proving out. It's every single class in the game regardless of weapon. There's a reason why it's called Pronefield. 

TTD, ease of use weapons (low recoil, spread, 3x scopes) that don't work in balance with the map design. It all encourages defensive play, which the player base has interpreted as let's all camp. They just need to make a few changes to encourage more offensive play and V will pick up again.

It's not an impossible fix, a little bit of tweaking with the maps (Panzerstorm was vastly improved, although that Mercury abomination makes me think Dice still haven't worked out why everyone's leaving V)

Limit the 3x scopes to specific weapons and balance them with appropriate disadvantages.

Raise the TTK and properly balance the weapons so it's more in line with BF1's TTK.2 (6 months in and they still have no clue as to how to fix the TTD, it's time to change) and we could have a phenomenal game here.

If the servers were getting will let us do last two, then V could still go down as a classic. Ping cap would be the cherry on the cake.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    bran1986 said:

It's mind boggling isn't it, that the most try hardy run N gunners complain most about what are usually the least effective players in the game, the distant hill top snipers and MMG's and the odd camper who shoots you in the back from the same spot every time.

One thing I can agree with them on though is that prone is OP,... NOT to the degree that it is " The Meta " or that it's actually over powered, just in that it has become unrealistically easy to swivel around and fire from all angles with full control. Playing on a competitive paintball team for a long time I can tell you that laying prone is a very bad position to be in for all relevant ranges in my game. You always want to be on your feet or as close to it as you can when actually fighting. The only time you want to be on your belly is when you can't be shot at. It's incredibly awkward and clumsy trying to shoot from the belly at targets that are not distant and therefor are traversing your field of view quickly
  • NerdyAsianChick
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope that the current team of devs doesn't get any way near BF6 development room. A team that can't UI / a team that doesn't know how bipods work / a team that patched bipods twice and still failed/ a team that made the vehicle gameplay this bad cannot be trusted to make BF6 come close to BF4.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    edited June 2019
    Cpt_Sir_Price said:

It's not specifically Recon or MMG boys proving out. It's every single class in the game regardless of weapon. There's a reason why it's called Pronefield. 

TTD, ease of use weapons (low recoil, spread, 3x scopes) that don't work in balance with the map design. It all encourages defensive play, which the player base has interpreted as let's all camp. They just need to make a few changes to encourage more offensive play and V will pick up again.

It's not an impossible fix, a little bit of tweaking with the maps (Panzerstorm was vastly improved, although that Mercury abomination makes me think Dice still haven't worked out why everyone's leaving V)

Limit the 3x scopes to specific weapons and balance them with appropriate disadvantages.

Raise the TTK and properly balance the weapons so it's more in line with BF1's TTK.2 (6 months in and they still have no clue as to how to fix the TTD, it's time to change) and we could have a phenomenal game here.

If the servers were getting will let us do last two, then V could still go down as a classic. Ping cap would be the cherry on the cake.

No thx. Weapons are good. They’re controllable just like in every other game without random bullet deviation and no 2 hit kill. ARs and SMG already received a small nerf in full auto firing and even this is a bit over the top for me.

Scopes I don’t know. I’m using iron sights mostly. 3x is viable but certainly not OP or badly out of place.

Raise the TTK? Hell no!!! I’ve bought a more hardcore and tactical BF experience crucial part of which is low TTK. So I will certainly not visit any high TTK servers. And sure as hell won’t tolerate an increase on official servers.

And now about the prone meta... If we speak about other classes what is it that causes so much backlash from the community? Players on objectives? They’re defending, so I don’t see a problem here. Some randomly camping dude in the middle of nowhere? Who cares? First of all we had only few maps for half a year. It’s time to know the popular spots. Secondly a real prone camper doesn’t move too much so even if he gets you once, you’ll get him next time. And last one I shall describe in this post - team which has most campers looses. So let them loose and get your deserved victory.
    Post edited by BlankDiplomacy on