BFV is a campy, try hard, insta death bore.

Comments

• trip1ex
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the most camping friendly Battlefield I have ever played.
    One major reason is because spotting was eliminated.
    And at the same time they added a lot more clutter to maps.  
  • Trokey66
    8739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »
    OskooI_007 said:
    It's too late for BFV, the players have moved on. We can only hope DICE learns from BFV's hardcore-lite gameplay with it's fast TTK, low recoil weapons, health and ammo attrition that drove players away.

DICE likes to start over from scratch with each new Battlefield. That approach has never been needed more than with the next one they come out with.

Maybe part of the problem for some, but not all.  Most of my friends who didn't buy the game or no longer play liked HC servers.  In theory the fast TTK should of been a incentive for them, but it wasn't. IMHO, BF has also gotten more campy since BF4.  I attribute that to map design catering to campers and snipers which started with BF1. Since BF4, snipers have increased in numbers, which again, imho, has been bad for the franchise. Completely turned off the vast majority of the people I use to play with. 

64 player CQ servers and the disappearance of clan servers was also a major turn off. DICE underestimated the impact of the community and clans servers. You can't develop a game for everyone.  But having the ability to tweak servers like in BF4 keeps most people happy.  EA/DICE servers for the masses. Clan servers for those that like HC, Limited snipers, quick vehicle spawns etc. 

Most seem to have forgotten the horrible marketing campaign for the game. 

You cannot discount the low TTK just because you may like it.

It is certainly a factor for most in my group and a significant contributing factor to the increase of camping.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @the_lone_ran9er
    There’s no doubt that getting prone in close quarter engagements is just suicide. But on a flat ground it certainly gives an advantage by making you a smaller target.

And my experience was similar to this.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Early on in the video he throws some sort of grenade. It's so loud what is it ?
  • the_lone_ran9er
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
    I virtually never opt for recoil related perks. I feel like there isn't enough recoil in this game to keep guns from feeling overly unrealistic and my favorite weapons in BF3/4 were the FAMAS and the AEK 971.  I don't get this big spiel about recoil. Any time I mention increasing recoil or weapon sway as a means to balance anything players respond that this is the worst way to balance something because it's too easy to compensate.  You're the first person I recall ever hearing about too much recoil in this game.

I would look at your sensitivity.
    I’m definitely not the first person I’ve seen talking about it. There are tons of Reddit posts on it. Maybe it’s different on console or whatever but it’s crazy on PC. Like if you watch these videos from these Youtubers, their guns do not bounce and shake like the base weapons new players get. How is that fair? These people have upgrades that increase their maximum kill distance while I’m forced to use a gun that I HAVE to be two feet away to be affective. A weapon which I have upgrades for, but can’t use because of the idiotic level 4 system (again, why 4?) Why can’t I just equip the unlocks as I unlock them? Because that would make too much sense for DICE and EA and they just have a problem with doing things that would make sense. Also, people don’t want recoil increased because it’s already hard enough with the current recoil. I’m playing a game to focus on enemies and objectives, not on controlling my weapon. Far too much emphasis is put on which gun someone is using rather than HOW they’re playing. As it stands, you can have a weapon that’s relatively average but with the upgrades, you can take on dudes that you wouldn’t be able to take on with the default because the default can’t shoot that far without the bullets traveling to different countries. We don’t need to do anything to the recoil, but the attachments should definitely not be as effective as they are at countering it. Name another BF game where the starting guns were SO much weaker than the upgraded ones. In the past, the only bad thing about starting guns was that they didn’t have a sight. Once you got your red dot, you were good. On this game, you need to have all of these unlocks and all of this crap on this stupid tree just to be competitive. I don’t know if console players see it less often or what, but these issues seem to be vastly worse on PC. If I was on console with aim assist, probably wouldn’t even notice, but I’m on PC where there is no aim assist.

I've always been on PC and I don't know if aim assist controls recoil. It's far easier to control weapon sway and recoil on a mouse than on an Analog stick. I can write my name on the wall will bullets using a mouse and have it look like my actual hand writing, not even close with an R stick.  Actually, I blame the emergence of current gen consoles for the dumbing down of recoil and weapon sway. 

You want to experience recoil in a game ? Go try any of the early Multiplayer shooters such as - "Day of Defeat",  Early versions of  "Americas Army".

Or for a modern relevant game try SQUAD.
  • StingX71
    824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    OskooI_007 said:
    It's too late for BFV, the players have moved on. We can only hope DICE learns from BFV's hardcore-lite gameplay with it's fast TTK, low recoil weapons, health and ammo attrition that drove players away.

DICE likes to start over from scratch with each new Battlefield. That approach has never been needed more than with the next one they come out with.

Maybe part of the problem for some, but not all.  Most of my friends who didn't buy the game or no longer play liked HC servers.  In theory the fast TTK should of been a incentive for them, but it wasn't. IMHO, BF has also gotten more campy since BF4.  I attribute that to map design catering to campers and snipers which started with BF1. Since BF4, snipers have increased in numbers, which again, imho, has been bad for the franchise. Completely turned off the vast majority of the people I use to play with. 

64 player CQ servers and the disappearance of clan servers was also a major turn off. DICE underestimated the impact of the community and clans servers. You can't develop a game for everyone.  But having the ability to tweak servers like in BF4 keeps most people happy.  EA/DICE servers for the masses. Clan servers for those that like HC, Limited snipers, quick vehicle spawns etc. 

It is certainly a factor for most in my group and a significant contributing factor to the increase of camping.

All of which could be fixed by  having BF4 style rent-able servers. Like I stated, it's my "opinion" which is based on anecdotal evidence as your opinions are based on. Take it for what its worth. 

Let me add to the pile. New crew I run with likes the current TTK, but they hate Hardcore and come from a "core" background. I've got HC players that don't mind the TTK and core players that don't mind the TTK.  

To be honest, I don't even know where I stand on the issue anymore.  But DICE saw something in their experiment this Fall that made them switch back to the TTK the game shipped with. 

What is fact, I can adapt to just about any TTK. I still argue map design  leads to a good deal of snipers and camping. Breaking up line of sight to objectives would greatly reduce amount of snipers imho.  You'll still have corner/opportunistic belly campers, but they've always existed. 

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t even describe how much I agree with this. I’ve been playing these games about as long as anybody here and I absolutely hate this game. I’ve run into cheaters, I’ve run into people just insta-killing me even though I get like 6 hitmakers on them with no kill and they shoot two bullets my way and I’m done. The fact that it’s so easy to hide somewhere and wait for somebody to move is made worse by the fact that you literally have zero time to react.  You running and spot someone laying prone? Welp, you’re dead because by the time you pull your trigger, you’re bleeding out.

I can’t even say how much I hate this game. The annoying camping, try hards, hit detection and crazy fast time to die, etc. This game doesn’t feel like any Battlefield game or COD because at least in COD I  can shoot back. There are so many people laying in the most completely random places that it’s impossible for you to check everywhere, like you’d spend the entire game checking for campers if you did. There are just WAY more campers than there are players that actually try to get the objective.

What’s crazy is that this is done in TDM too! Bro, why are you camping in TDM? The whole purpose of the mode is to just kill as much as you can and I guess not die but everybody tries not to die anyway so that’s irrelevant. Dudes will literally camp in ANYTHING they can find with poor visibility.

I’ve just built my PC after playing the BFs from BC2 to BF1 on console while I played my brother’s PC when I was younger with the earlier games. This game has made me despise the PC Battlefield community because about 99% of the people in chat were from the enemy team trash talking the entire time as if they’re good because they can hide and shoot you from a hidden little cove somewhere in the middle of nowhere. People will be laying in grass in a random field and shoot you. WHY ARE YOU OVER HERE? 99% of the players are on the other side of the map and you’re over here laying in a damn bush.

This game is built for this behavior and it encourages people to use the most rage inducing tactics imaginable. Camping has and always will be a problem until something is done about how people do it. You know they will, so either penalize them for it, or make it far less rewarding to do. Give points based on HOW a kill was gotten and that might change it, idk. As far as it stands right now, I’ve put the game down and won’t ever pick it up again, I just have zero interest to play it anymore after the experience I’ve had. Mind you, I took the time to get used to my controls on PC and went in and customized my keybinds, dpi, etc. Played other shooters and had perfect accuracy with no issues. Get on BFV and my bullets do nothing but I die in the blink of an eye.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but my guns recoil like CRAZY but when I go watch videos or something, no recoil. What gives? Is this seriously because of the weapon upgrades? So now the upgrades change the weapon so drastically that it can eliminate recoil? REALLY? This puts new players at a MASSIVE disadvantage because they don’t have these unlocks (which take far too long to get. I’ve got to get to level 4 just to use the things I’ve already unlocked? That’s beyond stupid). In past BF games, your starting weapon was essentially the same as an upgraded one expect it didn’t look as pretty or have MINOR stat changes. The upgrades to weapons on this game turns gun into lasers where new players have guns bouncing all over the place. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve shot someone FIRST and HIT them, then I die because even though I’m killed with two bullets, they’re not and my gun decides to bounce around like Michael J. Fox when I don’t have recoil control issues with any other shooter on PC. It’s just THIS game that I have these problems with. If the next Battlefield game is anything like this, I won’t even watch videos trash talking it because I want it to die as soon as possible. This game will not last with these crazy kill times and insane recoil on guns with no upgrades. How are we supposed to get the upgrades when we get laser beamed from 50 yards away with an SMG? You’ve literally got to be in someone’s face to kill them with that starting assault gun with no upgrades because the thing is insanely wild. Meanwhile, players that have been playing longer and have the unlocks, laser beam you with no recoil because “DICE logic”.
    First, I can't think of a better way to devalue your entire argument than to use an expression like "try hards".  That isn't a logical point, it's just an insult, and it cheapens everything else you say.  Who are you, some eSports tournament pro that you get to sneer at everyone else?

Second, the idea that a game should "penalize" players who don't play the way you think they should is ridiculous.  Neither of us gets to say what the correct way to play BF is, even if we're passionate about things like PTFO and teamwork.  So play the way you like, and don't expend so much emotional energy over how other people play (I wish I could do that more, I hate it when my whole team goes to that central lemming objective and ignores the rest of the map, I have to take a few deep breaths).  News flash--the game wasn't designed just for you, so learn to deal with that.  If you're on a team of lemmings, the round will be over in minutes and you can join another server.

Third, learning recoil control and unlocking and using the right specializations is part of the game.  Anyone who hasn't gone to the practice range and shot at blank walls and figured out ways to produce tighter groups and so on has only himself to blame.  Likewise with applying specializations, there is no shortage of YouTubers happy to share their setup for various weapons, so make an effort to learn what others have done, and put some thought into how you'll use a particular weapon so you choose the right specs.  I don't see this as any different than choosing the right attachments in previous BF titles.

Fourth, yes, most new players will get beat up for awhile until they learn how to play this game and get some unlocks etc.--so what?  I don't see that as any different from any game I've played.  I like a game that challenges me, even if I never get very good at it I enjoy the process of improving. I have no interest in a hand-holding game with EZ-Mode features like auto-heal and 3D spotting and laser beam ballistics for every weapon.  And the TTK is fine, it's the TTD that is the problem and that's largely the shaky network performance.  That you haven't figured out the difference between the two also calls into question all your conclusions, you're long on passion and short on information.
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some say the game blows, but obviously this forum is the greatest ever.... it keeps them coming back
  • Lexen
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know why people complain so much about the gameplay. Maybe things are different on PC but I enjoy playing on Xbox. I get the feeling the people complaining are just tired of getting their butts handed to them. Could be wrong

I certainly have my problems with the game (lack of content, annoying bugs that have taken forever to get fixed), but for the most part, I enjoy the game and I don't find it campy at all, besides an abundance of snipers, but usually you just gotta switch to recon, take them out real quick, then switch back and you're good to go for a little while. 
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If we were to make an exhaustive list of everything in BF V that detracted from the teamwork aspect, we could start with the following (please help me where I miss anything)
    ===
    • Used to be only Medic could revive, now any Soldier-type can revive.
    • Used to be only Recon could snipe, now everyone gets 3x scope.
    • Used to be only "Engineer/Support" could run AT Mines, now Assault can too.
    • If you needed health, you either had to wait to regen, or you needed a medic--now everyone starts with a med-kit and there are free "welfare" crates around the map.
    • Used to be only Support could give you ammo, now there are free welfare crates for that too.
    • Used to need an Engineer/Support to fix your vehicle, now the driver doesn't even have to get out! They can fix from inside the vehicle, what do they need you for?
    • I believe now people can run up and take meds/ammo from players and the person carrying the crate doesn't even get points for that! Tell me why anyone would carry a crate? There are welfare crates, and now they can just take it off you with no reward.
    • (???) Please add more...
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @YourLocalPlumber added this one from another thread regarding the Assignments:
    • "They're pointless because they force players into anti teamwork play styles.

-Kill 60 enemies while crouching
      -Kill 60 enemies while prone
      -Kill 60 enemies while bipoted
      -Kill 60 enemies who are over 100m away
      -Headshot 20 enemies in one game in objective area

Like , why can't I just play as I normally do and grind those assignments without stupid requirements. Why can't it be like this - 100 kill you get first gold part, 200 kills you get 2nd part, 500 kills you get 3rd part etc.

Also having only 4 active assignments at any give time is not helping at all. Why can't they all track at the same time as they did in BF3/4?"

• Trokey66
    8739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

OskooI_007 said:

They need to increase the TTK but also rebalance all the weapons for the slower TTK.  Their first effort in December was half **** and clearly not thought out.  There would be far less camping and far more people moving from cover to cover if it wasn't so easy to die.

I think that change was just a starter for 10. Had there not been such a fuss kicked up, I have no doubt that it would have been tweaked.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If we were to make an exhaustive list of everything in BF V that detracted from the teamwork aspect, we could start with the following (please help me where I miss anything)
    ===
    • Used to be only Medic could revive, now any Soldier-type can revive.
    • Used to be only Recon could snipe, now everyone gets 3x scope.
    • Used to be only "Engineer/Support" could run AT Mines, now Assault can too.
    • If you needed health, you either had to wait to regen, or you needed a medic--now everyone starts with a med-kit and there are free "welfare" crates around the map.
    • Used to be only Support could give you ammo, now there are free welfare crates for that too.
    • Used to need an Engineer/Support to fix your vehicle, now the driver doesn't even have to get out! They can fix from inside the vehicle, what do they need you for?
    • I believe now people can run up and take meds/ammo from players and the person carrying the crate doesn't even get points for that! Tell me why anyone would carry a crate? There are welfare crates, and now they can just take it off you with no reward.
    • (???) Please add more...
    Where to begin, you have so many things wrong.

Medics are still the only class who can revive anyone, the other three classes can only revive those in their squad, so three players out of thirty-two.

All classes could use 4x and 6x scopes in BF3 (off the top of my head) and everyone had 4x scopes in BF4, so this isn't the first BF game in which other classes had telescopic sights.  LOL, I once got a kill on Caspian from the TV tower to Hilltop with a .44 mag with a scope on it, don't tell me Recons were the only ones who could snipe in previous BF titles.

The old Engineer class and BFV's Assault are the same class, they just changed the name.  And no, Supports didn't have AT mines, they had C4 if they wanted to go after tanks.  How does Supports now being able to equip AT mines reduce teamwork?  If anything that lets the Assaults run dynamite instead, which would seem to help the squad's AT capability.

Comparing full auto-heal with having one bandage is odd--healing one time vs. as many times as you need--that's quite a difference.  Medics are more valuable now than before so that would seem to be a pro-teamwork development.

And when you need another PIAT to finish off that tank, that's when you realize you're on one of the flags with no ammo point, so you still need a squad Support player.

Supports couldn't repair tanks, Engineers did that.  Internal repair was added in BF1, and it isn't a complete repair, you need a vehicle repair/supply depot for that.

I carry an ammo crate when I'm Support to supply myself and teammates.  I don't care about points, I care about helping my team win.  I really don't get the view that players should only do what  they get points for, why play a team game with such an attitude?

It's a different game, some things work differently, why are so many players unable to process that?  If we wanted every BF game to be the same as the last one, they could just be updating the graphics and adding DLC to Battlefield 3.  Adapt or die, it's a new day, try a different flavor, you might even like it if you give it a chance.
  • BlankDiplomacy
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Early on in the video he throws some sort of grenade. It's so loud what is it ?
    PMed about it.
    They need to increase the TTK but also rebalance all the weapons for the slower TTK.  Their first effort in December was half **** and clearly not thought out.  There would be far less camping and far more people moving from cover to cover if it wasn't so easy to die.
    No thanks.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is a "tryhard", anyway? Seems like a weird thing to be criticised for. Do you want people that don't give a crap about trying to win on your team or what?