Let's dream up some new exciting features for BF gameplay

13»

Comments

• Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Add this game mode:

Players: 64+
    Map Size: Large
    Objective:  Both teams start off with a small HQ area on opposite ends of a LARGE map.  The objective is to protect your own HQ while targeting and destroying the enemy's.  HQs consist of 2-3 MCOM-like stations that can be destroyed by planting bombs, while the HQ itself can be built up with fortifications, obstacles and fixed weapons.  In between the two HQs are multiple flag objectives, that if captured provide additional resources/assets to the capturing team (i.e. vehicle spawns, available reinforcements, strong points, heavy weapon emplacements etc.).  Both teams struggle to secure objectives, attack/defend HQs as necessary in a very open sandbox map full of vehicles and dismounts. 

It's Conquest meets Rush meets Capture the Flag meets Tower Defense - objectives and playstyles for everyone in a very new and improved BF environment.

Additional Rules (or Possible Hardcore Options?)

1. Every vehicle and class has limited slots per map, can be based on specific objectives seized, with priority placed on game balancing
    2. In-Game Commander to try to direct general team strategy by giving squad leaders orders, can call in BIG reinforcements (i.e. carpet bombing, special heavy vehicles/weapons)
    3. Squad Leaders can see each other's orders to help coordinate/deconflict efforts, can call in MEDIUM reinforcements (i.e. artillery/smoke barrages, medium vehicles/weapons)
    4. Individual players can call in SMALL reinforcements (i.e. special weapons, supply drops)
    *5. Teams can decide WHAT to build on captured objectives (a la tower defense), be it a heavy weapon/arty emplacement, strongpoint, vehicle depot, or communication site (reinforcements)

Don't get me wrong - I love the traditional BF modes and I really was hoping Grand Operations was going to continue to evolve (and maybe it will still), but I get feeling after all the mixed trial and error of modes in recent BF titles that we need something BIG next - and the mode described above is just something that sounds like a lot of fun to me, would check a lot of BF needs, and would be generally fun for the majority of BF players.  We need big maps, but maybe a mode like this could support even bigger maps and more players?

Get on it DICE for BF6: 1980's Cold War  

Yours Truly

CPT CALIGULA
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cross dressing and lipstick - where are the skirts for me to wear?  

I want to identify with my avatar, this game is far too gendered.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    - Riding bicycles, as a fast/swift transport option. They're all over the Rotterdam and a couple on Arras. And were a common sight in the War, used by both sides including the Resistance.

Don't forget unicycles!  WWII clowns used them extensively.
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 11
    On Topic; buttstrokes & pistolwhipping, using the weapon's butstock as a bluntmelee option instead of 'knifing'.
    @SlowOldWarrior better go back to Fortnite buddy. ;)
  • ElliotLH
    8658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    On Topic; buttstrokes & pistolwhipping, using the weapon's butstock as a bluntmelee option instead of 'knifing'.
    Would very much be up for this. 
  • mrtwotimes
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Landmine mode.   Basic game modes with the addition of land mines littered throughout the map.  Arras fields would be fun to run in....
  • Trokey66
    8601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Landmine mode.   Basic game modes with the addition of land mines littered throughout the map.  Arras fields would be fun to run in....

I like the idea of random peril but the tryhards won't!
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V: Before the Storm (classic version, before Firestorm patch arrived and really screwed everything up).
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A game mode that has multiple objectives each with weighted points towards winning (preferably on a huge map). Capture points, HVT eliminations, random event mid round, demolition targets. Maybe sometging where there are large artillery batteries that can be destroyed which gives your team bonus points, but before they are destroyed your artillery squad call in is 10% less expensive and once they are destroyed you can't use it anymore? Or maybe some huge AA turrets that can be destroyed and before they are planes would have a tough time in those zones. Either way, I'm kinda basing this idea off of the game MAG and Killzone 2 MP. Both games were a lot of fun because of the sheer amount of things going on all at once.
  • GeneralXIV
    272 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skiing mechanics from the singleplayer. Think of the game modes :o 
  • SlowOldWarrior
    Battlefield V: Before the Storm (classic version, before Firestorm patch arrived and really screwed everything up).
    It was already broken, that just made it brokener... brokenest... brokenester..?
  • SlowOldWarrior
    zenn_nme said:
    Nope, more like better have Dice devs stay away from Opera Phantoms and Battle Royale.

Never mind, too late.
  • whoistheone
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In no particular order
    1.Being able to rotate stationary towable guns (pak40) (perhaps requires 2 people? knifing was also suggested previously)
    2.Universal spotting for enemy vehicles (could be everyone...or  just squad leader) ( i know snipers have a spotting scope but no one uses it and its kind of a recons job(make it a recon passive?))....
    3.In-vehicle communication option (you can be on voice comms with your gunner even if they are in another squad)
    4.Bail out warning (let you know your pilot just went awol/actually don't know if its as big of an issue in bf5 but i hated this not being a thing in transport helicopters BF3/4)
    5.Can swap out kits on held flags -or- can swap out kits on air supply drop 
    6.Option to turn off all hud when ADS... ( no more revive icons/flag icons) (This might be an option already in game... if so let me know)
    7.Deployable Ammo Crate/Medic Crate showing up on minimap again
    8.More transport vehicles on the maps and/or better way to find them (can't find any vehicles when i need them... can't spawn directly on them anymore... flags lie)
    9.If you're team gets all capped... you're team gets airdropped into the map until you retake a point in conquest... hate base camping....
    10.map voting
    11. Better ways for ground to help out air targets and air to help out ground targets.... (i know there are ace pilots who ruin it for everyone but i'm a novice and i would like my squad to be able to help when i fly/ i would like to help out air while i'm on the ground while not camping in an aa)(FJELL) I think it would be really cool if a squad leader could take out a set of binoculars and mark an area on the map and the mark would remain/follow where the squad leader  was looking (almost like lasering a target) so that you could guide a pilot right ontop of an enemy vehicle or an entrenched enemy position.... The spot would go away as soon as the squad leader stops using his binos (alternate for recon spotting scope??)
    12. Custom takedowns, custom reloads, custom end of round poses, a weapon inspect function (don't care if they are free/company coin/paid) (would prefer free =/)

I feel like i'm missing some...

TLDR; Polish
  • opsis_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about having an air craft carrier to launch attack planes that has flak cannons to defend itself. Maybe have a pilotable transport plane to spawn on and parachute from. Some battleships with maned positions. Perhaps a submarine. A voted commander would be nice too.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    Remaster BF3.
  • DingoKillr
    3738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Remaster BF3.

What is BFV for $1,000,00?