Think we’ll see new content at EA play, 8th June?

13»

Comments

• BURGERKRIEG
    955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they were smart they'd attempt to "rebrand" this game along with the arrival of the US faction this fall.  A new "reveal" trailer that actually builds hype for a new theater and more classic WW2 battles could effectively bring a whole new round of players in.  Then the rest of us can all give each other high fives for enduring the 1-year early access ;) 

I'm hoping this is one advantage of a "live service", the game has a chance to be reborn depending on how much EA/DICE want to still invest in it.  I think it's clear it's not WW2 that's keeping players away but rather the overall content and presentation of the game.  A new theater is a big opportunity to rebrand, and they'd be smart to capitalize on this instead of just letting the game die off and hoping we all give them another chance with the next BF title.

They could also really step up the game with customization.  They probably need a few more dedicated teams just churning out some cool, authentic WW2 looks instead of the current re-arranging of pouches and gas masks every couple of weeks.  People are begging for this kind of cosmetic content and it's supposed to be what's supporting the future content of this game - so they should try to meet demand!  And more opportunities for cosmetic purchases if they give us pilot and tanker classes ;)

I'm still rooting for this game - hopefully they fire us up a bit this weekend.  

CPT CALIGULA
    Yes, some sort of soft relaunch is what I’m hoping for. Specific details on new factions and theatres, dates, the Pacific for example. They need a big gesture that reminds people what BF is traditionally all about.

• BURGERKRIEG
    955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh and I forgot to add that BFV is seen as a genuinely frustrating gaming experience. That needs addressed.

Those mass rage quits that followed launch, or as DICE put it the “player churn” will only happen again.

Like it or not the game needs the more casual players to return for it to turn around.
  • Hawxxeye
    6330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh and I forgot to add that BFV is seen as a genuinely frustrating gaming experience. That needs addressed.

Those mass rage quits that followed launch, or as DICE put it the “player churn” will only happen again.

Like it or not the game needs the more casual players to return for it to turn around.
    in more specialized terms the rewards of playing the game need to be more intrinsic and less extrinsic.
    Intrinsic: Playing itself feels rewarding even without an assignment of a sort.
    Extrinsic: Rewards for playing (aka the destination and not the journey) like weapon skins .
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Hawxxeye said:

in more specialized terms the rewards of playing the game need to be more intrinsic and less extrinsic.
    Intrinsic: Playing itself feels rewarding even without an assignment of a sort.
    Extrinsic: Rewards for playing (aka the destination and not the journey) like weapon skins .
    Indeed. Wasn’t it Aristotle that said “The whole is more than the sum of its parts and BFV sucks.”
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    New content means nothing to me at this point.  I would take 30 minutes of them directly speaking to game play issues and how, in specific, they will be fixing them with targeted sprint release dates. 
  • JediMastaWyn
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    lets hope we get an City map that is not recon sniper friendly whit action like strike at karkand BF2 style 
    Is there such a thing lol...  City maps are a snipers playground 
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    lets hope we get an City map that is not recon sniper friendly whit action like strike at karkand BF2 style 
    * Places 3 AP mines at intersection of main street and side street
    *Goes prone into a small doorway looking down a 35m long narrow European side street
    *Settles Boys AT rifle onto bi-pod
    *Takes picnic basket out, unwraps sandwich and pours a cup of tea from a thermos
    *Hears footsteps approaching
    *2 dead from AP mines
    *1 dead from Boys before they make the full corner turn

"Ahhh I love the city in the morning"
  • Hawxxeye
    6330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    *Goes prone into a small doorway looking down a 35m long narrow European side street
    *Takes picnic basket out, unwraps sandwich and pours a cup of tea from a thermos
    *2 dead from AP mines

I feel sorry for that guy for the hassle he has to go to place 3 AP mines when we start with 1 mine and we can carry only 2.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they were smart they'd attempt to "rebrand" this game along with the arrival of the US faction this fall.  A new "reveal" trailer that actually builds hype for a new theater and more classic WW2 battles could effectively bring a whole new round of players in.  Then the rest of us can all give each other high fives for enduring the 1-year early access ;) 

I'm hoping this is one advantage of a "live service", the game has a chance to be reborn depending on how much EA/DICE want to still invest in it.  I think it's clear it's not WW2 that's keeping players away but rather the overall content and presentation of the game.  A new theater is a big opportunity to rebrand, and they'd be smart to capitalize on this instead of just letting the game die off and hoping we all give them another chance with the next BF title.

They could also really step up the game with customization.  They probably need a few more dedicated teams just churning out some cool, authentic WW2 looks instead of the current re-arranging of pouches and gas masks every couple of weeks.  People are begging for this kind of cosmetic content and it's supposed to be what's supporting the future content of this game - so they should try to meet demand!  And more opportunities for cosmetic purchases if they give us pilot and tanker classes ;)

I'm still rooting for this game - hopefully they fire us up a bit this weekend.  

CPT CALIGULA
    The problem with any attempted 'relaunch' is the 'live service'.  If an entire DLC with 4 maps, new factions and weapons was to drop then thats one thing, but you cant really say the arrival of probably only one map with perhaps another a month later and a drip feed of weapons over subsequent weeks/months will really bring players rushing back.
  • ElliotLH
    8655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Cerben1 said:
    *2 dead from AP mines

I feel sorry for that guy for the hassle he has to go to place 3 AP mines when we start with 1 mine and we can carry only 2.
    I sometimes do that if I'm feeling nasty on Breakthrough Devastation when defending the first sector.

Spawn at A and grab ammo.
    Build bridge leading to the rooms to the left of the cathedral (can't be bothered jumping).
    Build blockade in corridor.
    Place two mines.
    Run back for more ammo.
    Place another one.
    T-bag.
    Repeat (maybe change placement location slightly).
  • BURGERKRIEG
    Cerben1 said:
    *2 dead from AP mines

Lol!
  • superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 said:
    i think you're mis-remembering - karkand was a dream for snipers. you could camp on the 2nd flag tall building and shoot...anyone trying to cap the first flag, ditto for the top left flag and once the action got to the river it devolved into snipers on both sides of the river murdering anyone who tried to cross
  • Agent_Talon
    To be fair another murder river sounds pretty metal. 
  • fragnstein
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Little birdie told me we are getting another map in June before marta
  • THEBUTCHERNYC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please dear lord show us some awesome new skins!!! Said NO ONE EVER!!! MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • M_Rat13
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'll be all about the new 5vs5 mode lol, or maybe a new firestorm map lol. I've lost pretty much all trust in Dice at this point.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should have a dunk tank featuring the DICE Dev Team.
    I might pay real money for that.  I'd pay extra if it were up to me how long they had to stay under water.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they actually got booed.   

EA needs to get booed. They have done nothing positive for the gaming Industry but drain it of fun and Quality.
    EA was the first company ever voted worst company in America multiple times.  Their response was in effect a sneer.  Later they had some talking head spout some nonsense about how it makes them redouble their efforts to provide great games or some such rubbish, but the first response was the one that counts.

They could be booed out of the building, it wouldn't matter, they'll still think they're the smartest guys in the room and are on the right track.  They care about profits, and in theory about what their shareholders and the stock market thinks about them, although even there their concern is doubtful.  Remember when DICE mocked players who posted especially nasty messages about DICE as if those people represented all players, as if all of us answer that description?  That tells you what you need to know about how the folks at DICE and EA think.  What we'll see is more PR fluff, more marketing, maybe a bit of damage control, and that is it--a picture or video clip of a new map that we might see in a month while the network performance is still breaking down isn't worth much IMO.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will go something like this...

We have been following our player feedback very closely and are deeply concerned that many players 'feel' there is a lack of playable content in BFV at the moment. We understand this frustration and as a result we are totally committed to filling this void and give our players the experience they deserve!

With this in mind, we are excited to announce the release of several new game modes and bugs available for BFV!
    These new game modes will be available across a wide variety of 2 maps and playable for 1 week only making any  and all development time spent on these modes completely redundant!

We will never let our players down again.