Weekly Debrief

New multiplayer map "Sand and Sea" presumably coming June 27th.

YourLocalPlumber
2897 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 4
Another datamine by tempryal revealed that we might get new map called "Sand and Sea" in the first week of Chapter 4, which begins on June 27th, one week after Chapter 3 ends.

Apparently "Marita" got delayed until August 1st? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is how I understood the post.

There are also new weapons revealed - S2-200 MMG and Panzerbüchse 39 Anti Material Rifle. Dice....please.....stop. Enough cancer in the game, give us something usable for once.

All of this is obviously datamines and to be taken skeptically. But those datamines were spot on for the past months.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bwnwax/bfv_data_mining_unknown_map_called_sand_and_sea/
Post edited by YourLocalPlumber on

Comments

• Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Btw how do we know it is for MP, and not for 5vs5? Tbh hopefully it is not 5vs5...
  • ElliotLH
    8399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Logosoft said:
    Btw how do we know it is for MP, and not for 5vs5? Tbh hopefully it is not 5vs5...
    We can make an educated guess. To my knowledge no weapon has been limited to a particular gamemode in V, especially if it's a ToW reward like the new AT rifle seems to be. That's not to say that it'll definitely be the case this time around but it is incredibly likely.
  • Logosoft
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Logosoft said:

We can make an educated guess. To my knowledge no weapon has been limited to a particular gamemode in V, especially if it's a ToW reward like the new AT rifle seems to be. That's not to say that it'll definitely be the case this time around but it is incredibly likely.

No I mean the map
  • ElliotLH
    8399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Logosoft said:
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Logosoft said:

No I mean the map
    Oooohhh hahaha my bad dude. 
  • trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Logosoft said:

I wonder who has any interest in 5x5 in a Battlefield game. I 'm not going to play that.

Yeah and more so this late in the game. It isn’t like the 5v5 is going to get lots of love. It is just there to soothe the suits.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Reddit, post says, Sand and Sea is not a 5v5 map. Believe it or not but, Dice looks to be getting us another new map, and one that was not listed on the roadmaps we have gotten so far.

"Sand and Sea," sounds like a, Normandy ( not saying its going to be D-Day ) type beach invasion to me. Could be, Dunkirk also.
  • bran1986
    5693 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it will be a 5v5 map since it would be too early for that mode to show up. If it is a new map it would be a very welcomed surprise and a much needed one.
  • zterrans
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wonder if they'll bring in the amphibious car from firestorm for it.
  • MarxistDictator
    4912 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More prone guns and still no Chauchat? Sounds like a trustworthy leak, actually. This game though.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV lacks prone focused weapons, said no one :(

I hope new maps don’t mean more cancer weapons.

What year are we supposed to be in in the game anyway? It might be a way to figure out the map location.
  • bran1986
    5693 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4

What year are we supposed to be in in the game anyway? It might be a way to figure out the map location.

All maps are set in 1940-1941, the latest being Hamada/Aerodrome set in mid June 1941. The time line is pretty fluid since the Marita map takes place in October 1940. So far some think it is either a map made from the "Under No Flag" war story since the nodes seem to reference the war story. "Under No Flag" was set in North Africa, 1942 iirc. The second guess is Dunkirk which would fit in the current 1940-1941 timeline.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

All maps are set in 1940-1941, the latest being Hamada/Aerodrome set in mid June 1941. The time line is pretty fluid since the Marita map takes place in October 1940. So far some think it is either a map made from the "Under No Flag" war story since the nodes seem to reference the war story. "Under No Flag" was set in North Africa, 1942 iirc. The second guess is Dunkirk which would fit in the current 1940-1941 timeline.

I think it is, Dunkirk.
  • herodes87
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More Camping one shoot snipers?

Great decision Dice. Lets See If the Game survives until September.
  • fragnstein
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There is no ww2 time line for bfv, it's a misconception
  • M_Rat13
    1064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There was meant to be some sort of grand campaign that tied a bunch of things together. Currently, I think it's called 'the fall of Europe', but soon, well be getting 'awakening the giant'. However, ATG is coming after this June map I think, so the map would still be apart of TFOL, which leads me to believe the map of Dunkirk.
  • bran1986
    edited June 5
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    fragnstein said:

BURGERKRIEG wrote: »

There was meant to be some sort of grand campaign that tied a bunch of things together. Currently, I think it's called 'the fall of Europe', but soon, well be getting 'awakening the giant'. However, ATG is coming after this June map I think, so the map would still be apart of TFOL, which leads me to believe the map of Dunkirk.

We have two maps coming before the next expansion.

Sea and Sand- June 27th
    Marita- August 1
    Remake "Urban Warfare" map- TBA
    ATG- Fall October/November
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • CT1924
    78 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another datamine by tempryal revealed that we might get new map called "Sand and Sea" in the first week of Chapter 4, which begins on June 27th, one week after Chapter 3 ends.

Apparently "Marita" got delayed until August 1st? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is how I understood the post.

There are also new weapons revealed - S2-200 MMG and Panzerbüchse 39 Anti Material Rifle. Dice....please.....stop. Enough cancer in the game, give us something usable for once.

All of this is obviously datamines and to be taken skeptically. But those datamines were spot on for the past months.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bwnwax/bfv_data_mining_unknown_map_called_sand_and_sea/
    Yeah... MMGs are actually fun. But this **** one will need to be set apart somehow. As for antimaterial rifles, just make them gadgets. I end up running revolver and throwing knife as primary, and rifle as an AT and counter-snipe weapon. I really hate sniping challenges, though, which you know we will get. It is so campy and boring. Shotguns, on the otherhand, or LMGs... Fear me.
  • ElliotLH
    edited June 5

Reddit, post says, Sand and Sea is not a 5v5 map. Believe it or not but, Dice looks to be getting us another new map, and one that was not listed on the roadmaps we have gotten so far.

"Sand and Sea," sounds like a, Normandy ( not saying its going to be D-Day ) type beach invasion to me. Could be, Dunkirk also.
    My money is on North Africa. They won't need to do anything with the factions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_kBV2mGLg

Then again I am more than likely wrong.

Edit: *sigh* this quoting system.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    SirBobdk said:
    Logosoft said:
    I wonder who has any interest in 5x5 in a Battlefield game. I 'm not going to play that.
    I'd play 1 vs 1 if it plays smoother  :p