Do cheater reports even get read anymore?

xeNizKing
349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I've come back to BF1 for a bit as BFV is frustrating me a lot and its just not as satisfying as BF1 I would go back to 3 and 4 but punkbusters.....lack of updates makes me not want to. In fact as far as I know punkbuster isn't even in development anymore by the respective company (I think they went bankrupt or something). 

Anyway, I have come across 3 individuals cheats consistently in the past few days and everyone in the servers I've been in have basically backed up my initial suspicions, I wish I could name them but i cannot sadly because then the thread gets locked but I do know one of them is a streamer.

They've said that they've reported these same people numerous times and theres even a reddit thread for one of them with talk of the other two so I would like to know if DICE even read these things anymore....or if they're still updating the AC?

Its a pretty bad look if they're just going to ignore cheating in their prior titles simply because they have a new one. But I cannot understand how these individuals have not been banned yet... the common argument is that they would just get new accounts and keep cheating well while that might be true let them waste their money if they want to cheat fine but when its clear that people are cheating they should be banned immediately not ignored.

Comments

• Goth_SolOfHon
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I personally think that on BF1 it is not as simple as just ban them.
    What I think should happen is they need to have their games removed from their accounts.
    Otherwise these Premium cheat developers will just find some way to bypass the ban.

Or even better EA likes money right?  Sue these destructive little toenails (The developers), take their money, take their car, take their house, take their poodle's.
    Might have to update the EULA first. 
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA isn't supporting BF1 any longer so I would say NO, the cheat reports are not getting read and acted on. If they were, then that would mean they were still supporting the game. Support doesn't necessarily just mean patches/bug fixes. 
  • OskooI_007
    650 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 8
    Nope, EA's anti-cheat department isn't reading reports about cheats. Many BF1 players have sent reports about a chronic aimbotter with 75% headshot ratio with the Lewis LMG and over 20,000 kills. He's still rage cheating 3+ months later.

I don't even receive confirmation emails anymore when I report cheaters. I figure maybe I reported too many cheaters and EA got tired of me reporting so many. Maybe they don't believe there's that many cheaters in their games so they blocked me from reporting. Lol

Either way I'm buying a PlayStation 5 and also giving Google Stadia a try. It's abundantly clear EA does not consider PC cheating to be a high priority and something worth investigating in.
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

.....Either way I'm buying a PlayStation 5 and also giving Google Stadia a try. It's abundantly clear EA does not consider PC cheating to be a high priority and something worth investigating in.
    I don't think that EA cares that much about the PC platform because it doesn't generate enough revenue to justify dealing with all of the Support issues including the cheating. If they make their future games have native M/K support on consoles and drop the PC platform all together, they know that most of the PC players will convert over to console. Even though many in these forums say they won't, most will because there aren't any better AAA games out there. Not at least yet. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They've never been read mate.

Also BF1 no longer has anti-cheat support anyway - there's multiple examples of players who are rage hacking and not even hiding it, they wouldn' t be difficult to detect at all. I've PM you'd an example, but here's a peak for everyone one else without name and shame.

https://imgur.com/a/GLJF437

Used a damage mod for 14k kills with just one weapon of many - still playing, now level 145.

EA want people to move to BFV desperately, they're not going to be in the mood to make BF1 a good experience now.
  • disposalist
    8476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They've never been read mate.

Also BF1 no longer has anti-cheat support anyway - there's multiple examples of players who are rage hacking and not even hiding it, they wouldn' t be difficult to detect at all. I've PM you'd an example, but here's a peak for everyone one else without name and shame.

https://imgur.com/a/GLJF437

Used a damage mod for 14k kills with just one weapon of many - still playing, now level 145.

EA want people to move to BFV desperately, they're not going to be in the mood to make BF1 a good experience now.
    Fortunately social media means people are waking up to game companies' practices.  I really think that part of the bad response to BF5 (aside from the bugs, omissions, weird design choices, etc) was down to BF1 never getting a serious private server program and other issues (like cheat handling) around the game and it being so obviously 'dropped' when (even before) BF5 came out.

Everyone knows that BF5 will be dropped in a year for BF6.  People are disappointed with the content delivery of the live service and don't anticipate much change, so why get invested in the franchise like we used to?

I've loved BF since 1942 and I hope it turns around, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Three of the most bothersome cheaters I encounter repeatedly on BF1 have 20k, 60k and 80k kills (middle one is the guy pictured above). Each with stats making it crystal clear they are raging without a iota of worry. Interestingly, they each have vastly different settings for their cheats, which seems to indicate multiple enormous loopholes in FairFight's capabilities.

I tweeted Sean Merson and an active dev that has acted upon direct messages before, but they are still playing and destroying servers. These are not the only cheaters plaguing BF1, but the others at least try to not be as obvious.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't even receive confirmation emails anymore when I report cheaters. I figure maybe I reported too many cheaters and EA got tired of me reporting so many. Maybe they don't believe there's that many cheaters in their games so they blocked me from reporting. Lol

You are not the only one, they just stopped doing that about six months ago.