Add bots into firestorm

ShadoWawker
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The current amount of time it takes to get into games is way too long, and when you play late at night you cant even get into a game with more than like 10 people connected=switch to a different game

Adding bots is of course not ideal but its better than the current situation which is waiting way too long for
1. Matchmaking
2. Players to connect (which can often be longer than the actual matchmaking time)
3. Pre-round countdown (additional 60 seconds of waiting)

If firestorm ends up going free to play then they should remove the bots because there will be a much larger population but as it stands now theres not enough players to keep the waiting times reasonable

Honestly there are a lot of times when i feel like playing firestorm but i cant stand the waiting time so i just play something else which is unfortunate because i enjoy this mode and want to play it more

Bots would solve this issue because it would allow matches to start with fewer real players connected. All those times when you have 60 people, it might take another 2-3 minutes to get the last 4. With bots the game can just start with 60 no problem and we dont have to wait any more

And based on the time of day/concurrent player count they can adjust the number of bots in each match to keep waiting times under x minutes for everyone. Now of course there has to be a minimum number of real players in each game but that can be adjusted again based on player count

Also the bots will be easy kills but cant drop any level 2 or 3/rare gear otherwise it would be too cheap and easy to get good stuff with little effort

Comments

• ShadoWawker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok this really needs to happen because yesterday i was playing and i got into a match that started with literally 16 people.

While im glad that the games start without making us wait forever to keep finding people, it is unacceptable to have this low of a number in your match. The game was incredibly slow (obviously) since everyone was so spread out and the solution is bots

Realm royale does it due to lower player population and it works just fine. That game i played should have had a bunch of bots in it which is much better than having just 16 real people

Also, if the game has 40 players total (including bots and real people) the size of the first circle needs to be proportionally smaller to match the player/size ratio that exists in a 64 player match. You cant have much fewer players on the same sized circle that makes no sense and its too slow
  • StarscreamUK
    7184 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Only issue with bots in firestorm is the balance of their "intelligence" if people die to a bot they will complain like crazy
  • AntiCheat
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Waiting time can sometimes be very bad and starting with very few players is bad as well but adding bots into the game, really? I understand that you are really frustrated but what will adding bots solve? Yes, the waiting time is shorter but at the cost of real players you are up against? No, thank you. The day I will start playing Firestorm against bots I will quit this game mode for sure.
  • ShadoWawker
    Only issue with bots in firestorm is the balance of their "intelligence" if people die to a bot they will complain like crazy

Well the bots would be intended as fillers that give us something to kill instead of just running around for 10 minutes looking for someone. Or they are intended to add the last few members of a 58 person lobby for example to make it up to 64. Therefore they have low intelligence, are very easy to kill, and pose little to no threat to the average level player

If someone dies to a bot, they are either
    1) Horrible at the game and thus would have gotten destroyed by a real person
    2) Unlucky by getting third partied or perhaps killed on very low health

The risk of dying to a bot during rare and unlucky circumstances is an exchange i would gladly make for more “players” on the map that give me something to kill and do so i do not have just 16 real people in my match while i run around doing nothing with the firestorm as literally my biggest threat of dying