I just played BF1 since about a year (thoughts)

Astr0damus
2871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I quit BF V for about 5 or 6 months and had not played BF1 for about a year.
Been playing BF 4 lately... but I played BF V last night and quit after 2 matches (snipe fest, taking flag by myself while no one in my squad would spawn on me to assist)
Played BF1 for a couple hours just now and it was FUN.
I forgot how much fun the M1917 MG Low Weight and Limpet charges was.
I saw some new features like "slink" and now it shows the Specializations on the end of round screen.
I also saw a new weapon for Assault (Annihilator Trench) -- was killed by it. I can't see on the load out screen the requirements to unlock it.
Shotgun/Gas Mask/Gas grenades was as fun as I remember.
Overall had a great time.
===
I'll be back.

Comments

• the_yakuza17
    166 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Similar experience with me too. I bought BFV when if came out and played it for about three months. I was really hyped for the WWII theme and some of the changes that were made from BF1. I really, really tried to like it! Three months ago, I went back to playing BF1 and by comparison, it was so much better and simply more FUN. It has its flaws and frustrations (artillery truck) of course. On paper, BFV should be a better game but there's something about it that's so sterile and bland - something BF1 is certainly not. 
  • Astr0damus
    2871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
     I really, really tried to like it! 
    This really sums it up for me too.
    I feel like if we took elements from BF1, BF 4, Bad Company 2, and BF 3 we could really make the perfect BF 6 or Bad Company 3.
    Bad Company brought some humor (Golf Carts, need I say more?) BF 3 had some really classic Battlefield maps.
    The Swedes seem to have alienated the core by focusing too much on inclusion and generating revenue after the sale.
    They took away emblem making, commander mode, levolution etc.. and replaced it with animations for everything, offering clothing for sale, ammo/health crate welfare, attrition, they are removing domination/frontlines and replacing it with 5 v 5 mode. Just so out of touch with what the core players really want.
    It was interesting to watch this and see the evolution of our game (also neat to see there were still full servers on PS3 for Bad Company)
    =======
    Every BF Title from 2008-2019
    • BF Bad Company
    • BF Bad Company 2
    • BF 1943
    • BF 3
    • BF 4
    • BF Hardline
    • BF 1
    • BF V

• -Antares65z
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even after 2 1/2 years, I can still sit and play this game for hours and hours.  But BF5, 2-3 rounds and I'm ready to turn it off. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    6245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 15
    I can't do BF1. It's human nature. I'll use BF4 as an example. I wasn't a gamer before 2015. I tried out BF4 on a friends PS4 in 2015. I was so hooked I thought BF4 MUST be the single greatest entertainment product of all time. I ended up putting 1000 hours over the next year. Its so boring now i can't touch BF4 now.

Eventually you get bored of something as good as it might be.

Also BF4>BF1. That's for you disposalist. B)
  • boutneus
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Come on Baron, I thought ttk2.0 made BF1 the best thing since sliced bread  :D
  • Dank_Jeezus
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Show this video to every infantry farming YouTuber who thinks bf5 is the “most skilled” game in the franchise.

Try that stuff in bf2/3/4/1 and you just get rallied by someone who’s sick of your ****.

In bfv you’re Scott free to farm people.
    Post edited by Dank_Jeezus on
  • disposalist
    8323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't do BF1. It's human nature. I'll use BF4 as an example. I wasn't a gamer before 2015. I tried out BF4 on a friends PS4 in 2015. I was so hooked I thought BF4 MUST be the single greatest entertainment product of all time. I ended up putting 1000 hours over the next year. Its so boring now i can't touch BF4 now.

Eventually you get bored of something as good as it might be.

Also BF4>BF1. That's for you disposalist. B)
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • zenn_nme
    645 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I recently went back to BF1 as well, just looks good & having fun. Though, did they change the slide? It seems off somehow.
  • Titan_Awaken
    496 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    I recently went back to BF1 as well, just looks good & having fun. Though, did they change the slide? It seems off somehow.
    Slide was nerfed a while back so you can't do it in quick succession IIRC. Quite the outcry in 2018. 
  • MarxistDictator
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    boutneus wrote: »
    Come on Baron, I thought ttk2.0 made BF1 the best thing since sliced bread  :D

New TTK did improve the game, too bad the non existent PTFO scouts had to get gud to compete when they couldn't just sponge damage from 500ms TTK autos anymore.

I would have honestly just accepted the removing of sweet spots but it was so much sweeter to just give other guns teeth.
  • ElliotLH
    6797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    If memory serves the Annihilator Trench was a BFV pre-order bonus.
  • MarxistDictator
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That would be the M1919 SMG (basically an Annihilator Factory). Trench and Storm are assignment weapons for all players.
  • ElliotLH
    6797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That would be the M1919 SMG (basically an Annihilator Factory). Trench and Storm are assignment weapons for all players.
    Ah yes, that's the one. Your 100% right.