Too long to kill, too quick to die.

JORDAN_MAX87
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am a big fan of BF for so long, but BF5 might change that statement. So many bugs and issues with this game. But the one i want to talk about here and the most that frustrates me is that it takes me too long to kill enemies, but i get killed in a split second. I am not new to FPS games. I been gaming for 30 years and the most i play is FPS games. I have a good aim and i do very well in every other game i play. But when it comes to BF5 I literally can’t 1v1 anybody. Every single time i lose it. Even when i start to fire first. I put the whole magazine into the enemy and the hit marker pops on the screen like 10 times, and while i am still firing the enemy will get time to turn around, change gun, reload and kill me in a split second. This is driving me nuts. I watch youtubers and streamers and don’t see them having the same issue. Even ask friends that i play with. And they don’t have that issue. I still manage to get lots of kills but only because of a good pathing and positioning. But if i get seen thats it, i am dead. I can’t even react or get to cover. And what drives even more crazy is the damage i do to the enemy after i lose that 1v1. Its always over 100+ damage. I get numbers like 174+ or 213+ Because i shot them a lot, but i would still get killed. like WTF!!!! I am so tired of this issue. Please help if you know of anything that can help with this.

Keep in mind that i have a monster of a PC and a connection of a 500DL speed and 20 UL. And my ping is always stable at 45!

Comments

• Ewreckk6
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the exact same way..
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Use paragraphs TL:DR
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Please, don't play with WiFi. use Cabel. And you meand 50 DL not 500, right? And what about yor ping?
  • sarris_bros-1978
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My advise is to take a check of your in game netgraph (options->gameplay->advance) and call a profesional network technician to help you, if you can!! There are more parameters than down/upload or ping that may cause your game expirience!!
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I am on a broadband connection with over 200 mb/s dl speed, on a Linksys EA7300 802.11AC standard router, and I'm on console and I often get these same results, it takes wayyy too long to kill someone, often dumping almost an entire clip on someone before they die, but yet often and miraculously I get taken out almost instantly. Every single gun in the game feels extremely weak, and though I often do well in most games and my current k/d ratio is like 3.3 something I still often find myself getting killed in the most ridiculous of situations. Other times I can tell what happened and I'm like ah ok I see and I'll adjust to that but I never play normal mode and have been playing battlefield since BF2 on PC. And recently with this game do I see constant network issues with this game unlike any other game that I play, even BF4 I don't see anywhere near the kind of networking issues I see on this game. 

Take this clip for instance, though this wasn't the result of a networking issue, and the enemy hit me in the head with one shot, and I also took some damage from my right by something, but the fact that I hit him with the grenade launcher, got splash damage it seems with the PIAT, and then got a headshot the guy still doesn't die and I mean we should have at least both died, but EVERYTHING seems just wayyyy too weak...
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/xxhamatoyoshixx/video/75844946
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Please, don't play with WiFi. use Cabel. And you meand 50 DL not 500, right? And what about yor ping?

I got a 750 dl and 750 up with ping 2 and i would never play on wifi lol. Or at least use to have ping 2 when we had uk servers. Now its 11-13
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's the OOR players; always one step ahead & terrible quality servers.
  • Hawxxeye
    7774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme said:
    I do not know, I almost never see 3 digit pings, meanwhile I see a lot of netcode shenanigans
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    zenn_nme said:
    I do not know, I almost never see 3 digit pings, meanwhile I see a lot of netcode shenanigans
    60ms difference between highest and lowest ping is enough, also players that have a ping that switches multiple ms every second (latency variation icon) are terrible.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I feel the same, but sometimes I pop a bullet at an enemy in the distance, and it's a headshot kill. Makes me wonder if that player was at low health, or thinking the same about that ttk.
    Anyway, there are some serious server delays and if you're constantly on the wrong side of the stick, you won't get much pleasure out of it.
    Frostbyte is notorious for this, and it's time they throw it out if the window.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    zenn_nme said:
    Same. I'll get one frame killed through a solid wall and 9 times out of 10 the person that killed me has a ping under ~60 and I have no lag symbols showing on my end either. Something is fundamentally wrong with the net code.
  • ps_865
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, I'm on PS4 PRO. I read somewhere that the netcode was written for 60 FPS, but it is forced to run on the 30 on consoles. But I see also the PC players complaining
  • xKusagamix
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Hawxxeye said:

zenn_nme said:

Same. I'll get one frame killed through a solid wall and 9 times out of 10 the person that killed me has a ping under ~60 and I have no lag symbols showing on my end either. Something is fundamentally wrong with the net code.
    It's the out of sync netcode, that may explain why sometime you just sitting in the spawn screen for 10 minutes straight but still can't get the vehicle slot pop up but some random dude just keep on going with Tank/Plane spawn.

Never happned before but i guess it's somehow related to the new server choice by them. Old school servers didn't seem to have this weird issue.
  • asdwzhn123
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its the same on PS4 PRO i got 30 ping cuz of no Uk servers... im behind cover and i get headshoted from a sniper 600yards away... and the ammount of campers omg worse than in BF1 actually i never saw a camper in BF1 so fk you guys who is using sniper from the end of the map or camping in bushes with support class i hope you die
  • dariarty
    178 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not convinced it's purely down to Frostbyte.

BF1 played beautifully for me in comparison to V.  

However since BF1 switched to the Amazon servers that game has also seen a noticeable dip in performance. Although this could be due to so many OOR players.

Are there any other shooters that use the Amazon servers out there? I'd be interested in trying them out and comparing their performance level to Battlefield.  

• Magikf1ngers
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The real issue is that they're using a cloud service instead of actual servers.  That throws it all off.