The stuka is too weak against ground (and here is how to fix it)

LINKERBLOX
44 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited June 13
The stuka is just way too weak, heres my idea to fix it
Stuka B-1
Make the 1000kg kill radius have the size of an avarage in game house
Increase the reload time to 1 min (only for the 1000kg bomb and mosquito's 4000lb)
Make the 20mm cannons a bit more explosive
Stuka B-2
Decrease the 37mm ammo to 40
Increase the overheat rate
Increase the damage and decrease the explosive ratio
Decrease speed, to keep the bombers safe from it

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    actually historically the bordkanone's intended target seems to be the bombers.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Decrease the speed? Nah mate.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes v ground in general should require more skill - not just carpet bombing, but be more devastating. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Planes v ground in general should require more skill - not just carpet bombing, but be more devastating. 

Accurate hits should be rewarded which I feel they kind of are.

Splash damage. Meh.
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The question would be how to pull that off.
  • sabootheshaman
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    ninjapenquinuk said:

More damage. Smaller radius.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1767 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Well, yeah. There is that old chestnut. How indeed.  I dont fly a huge amount these days and really only use fighters if enemy bombers are annoying me so perhaps not the best to comment on all aspects.  However i just dont think bombers should be in the game full stop.  You cant balance them properly.  That would then leave fighters and ground attack, and to be honest i think we could do without the pure fighters also.  The point of planes is to interact with the ground and provide support, so to have pure fighters with limited air to ground seems pointless too - as many will attest if in a fighter and no enemy aircraft around and are randomly dropping weak bombs on any enemy you can actually see. So just leave the fighter bombers. They could still dogfight and have spec tress that perhaps make them better at this at the expensive of armour or payload etc.  You'd then be left with aircraft with reduce bomb payloads so you can make them more effective.  
    Then you can have a single bomb destroy, or at least severally damage and disable tanks, and give that single bomb a decent area of effect against infantry, seeing as its just one - or 2 if smaller and carried on wings.  You also wouldnt have the scenario where stukas or bombers are almost out dogfighting spitfires.  Of course all of this is just my ramblings because DICE, quite rightly arent going to change anything that drastic mid game, even f they acknowledged a problem
  • Hawxxeye
    ninjapenquinuk said:

They would also need to remove the random spread of the bombs then
  • sabootheshaman
    sabootheshaman said:

ninjapenquinuk said:

Is it that random on the Stuka?

The reason I’m not sure about the needs of a buff is I do quite well at times in the Stuka. It’s a fun flying thing with a motor and pew pew bang bangs.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    If they buff anything air to ground they better buff up anything ground to air in my opinion.
    I’d like to see the data in terms of damage/kills of aircraft to ground versus ground to aircraft.
    Obviously in the real world ( or WW2 history) aircraft would do and have more destruction and kills compared to what AA weapons/vehicles could possibly do to aircraft. No argument there.
    But I bet you a 1000 Boins these comparisons are not even remotely close even for a online video game.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 13
    sabootheshaman said:

ninjapenquinuk said:

Is it that random on the Stuka?

The reason I’m not sure about the needs of a buff is I do quite well at times in the Stuka. It’s a fun flying thing with a motor and pew pew bang bangs.
    The stuka just lacks the precise first person bombing sights. In real life that was probably not a big issue cause the blasts were much larger in reality so you could afford to miss a target by 5 meters with a 1000 kg bomb and still take them out of commission.
    For more details have a look at the "Spreadsheet with BFV vehicle data" in my signature
  • sabootheshaman
    @Hawxxeye nice one bunj
  • eorzkmien
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the weapon damage and speed on the Stuka are fine. The problem is that right now, it can't dive-bomb. It takes far too long to climb, the turn radius is atrocious and combined with the limited and sluggish throttle control, it makes a proper dive-bombing run unreasonably difficult and largely ineffective even under ideal conditions with no AA cover or a fighter on your tail. 
    In its current state, the Stuka handles like a flying bus. Dive recovery is terrible, even with the Airbrakes and quite often the blast from your own bombs yanks your nose straight into the ground at 20-30 meters altitude. 
    I suggest they improve the manoeuvrability and dive recovery but remove the 3rd person bomb reticle in order to encourage dive-bombing. Another thing I'd add for all planes would be proper throttle controls like in IL-2 Sturmovik with a small indicator added to the HUD.

• Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The stuka is just way too weak, heres my idea to fix it
    Stuka B-1
    Make the 1000kg kill radius have the size of an avarage in game house
    Increase the reload time to 1 min (only for the 1000kg bomb and mosquito's 4000lb)
    Make the 20mm cannons a bit more explosive
    Stuka B-2
    Decrease the 37mm ammo to 40
    Increase the overheat rate
    Increase the damage and decrease the explosive ratio
    Decrease speed, to keep the bombers safe from it
    It's Too bloody powerful in the sky and can almost hover, no no no, leave that plane alone. We don't need it buffed. I think it needs a nerf or other planes need equal power and the ability to "hover" too
  • trip1ex
    4655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they have made bf games for 17 years.  if they wanted to "fix" it they could.  
  • Hawxxeye
    trip1ex said:
    I seriously doubt that it is the same people who made the games 17 years ago who made the last couple of games
  • SirBobdk
    3925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:

I seriously doubt that it is the same people who made the games 17 years ago who made the last couple of games

Not even the same who made BF4 imo. And you could maybe even say the same about BF1.