What are your thoughts on the new SMG?

Hawxxeye
5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It feels so far like a worse sten/mp40 to me with less control and the same rubber bullets.
What is your experience so far? It has been a while that we got a weapon that feels bad/bland enough that nobody calls it OP

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I quite like it so far. The iron sights on it are pretty good and it seems to hip fire ok as well. I think you're right that it falls in to the Sten/MP40 bracket.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 14
    Hawxxeye said:
    It feels so far like a worse sten/mp40 to me with less control and the same rubber bullets.
    What is your experience so far? It has been a while that we got a weapon that feels bad/bland enough that nobody calls it OP
    Great so far. MAB 38 is deadly if you know how to use it. It's my new favourite medical weapon. and not only because it came from my country.

Screenshot down below i joined this server half match, i could've easily ended 29-0 if it werent for a bomber who killed me when a flag respawned me in the wrong place, and two medics who refused to revive me in diferent moments because they were camping 4 metres nearby my body and then got both killed.

For the sake of be crystalline, i never camp. 

Perks i went right for faster bullets, then left left for extended mag, then right for accuracy while moving. So right-left-left-right. Forth one you can choose left if you want a little boost on hip fire, but i dont care of hip firing

I use lattey sight.

• BeastofBourbon84
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not bad but it does nothing "best" in particular...
    As far as I'm concerned smgs are for cqb only even if some are a little bit better at range (if I wanted range as medic I'd just take the carcano).

From a try hard perspective there is imo no reason to use it instead of a sumi/Tommy or the mp28 (which also offers 2x hipfire and extended mag with 50 bullets).
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good luck hitting somebody with the Suomi or Thompson at medium range. Suomi - Thompson are good for maps like Devastation where 95% of the encounters are at close range. 
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its usable. Not great, not terrible. Although I think MP34 with increased ROF and recoil buffer is a lot better. You get a gun that is more controllable with same ROF. Only downside is 20 round mag.
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 14
    So it is only I who feels that it kills has trouble competing with assaults on close range?
    An STG  44 has better ttk at any range imho
  • DerBaer1848
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Not used it yet, only saw ekwahs video about it. Anyone tried a full hipfire skill with this gun already?
    He gets a lot of medium range kills only by hipfire, looks pretty dope actually
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just went 12 - 4 in my first game with it. There is no reason to use this over the ZK 383 though. Kicks way too much for an SMG- crap weapon 
  • Hawxxeye
     Kicks way too much for an SMG- crap weapon 
    This is exactly how it feels to me. I thought SMGS were supposed to be the easiest to control weapons, not the hardest
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait to buy it!
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is quite good.
  • VincentNZ
    2710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    This is exactly how it feels to me. I thought SMGS were supposed to be the easiest to control weapons, not the hardest

Statwise it isn't hard to control though, it should handle like the LS and KE7 pretty much.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:

Statwise it isn't hard to control though, it should handle like the LS and KE7 pretty much.
    The difference is that LMGs got much better damage curve. Which means MAB38 is trash.
  • dayglowfroggy
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are allot of people using it in squad conquest at the moment and it's wrecking on hamada I had to use the suami to counter it against some really good players.
  • superteds
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i like it. feels like STEN/MP40 but with more rpm without losing control
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's really accurate in both aimed and hip-fire, but doesn't have the damage output other guns are capable of. Once I reach level 10 I am going back to the my Sten, ZK, or Thompson
  • Texator
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think its useless, the EMP, for example, is better in everything.
  • VincentNZ
    2710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Texator said:

This is not true, the ROF of the MAB is higher therefore the damage output is, too. The spec tree really is the special feature of the MAB.
  • Texator
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Texator said:

This is not true, the ROF of the MAB is higher therefore the damage output is, too. The spec tree really is the special feature of the MAB.

The ROF have nothing to do with the real damage output. To do damage you have to hit in the first place and i hit better with the EMP, maybe because of lower ROF.
  • bran1986
    5659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is like a MP40 on steroids.