China is definitely a global troublemaker

GPX-SYM
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
edited June 15
I received a notification from a friend yesterday.

There are two high school third grade students from China, Two cheating players from China, Because these two guys were banned by China’s CNUB banned system.

Only because of this stupid reason, A massive DDoS attack on servers across Asia from Aug last year, At the time, there were more than 350 servers in Asia, 10,000 players online.

But now, Asia 64 slots server, There are no more than 19 servers left, From yesterday, it’s just because they both ended their college exams in China.

From yesterday to now, This very stupid crime has started again, Thanks to Battlelog for providing the [Join Server] button, Let these two guys can easily launch DDoS attacks.

Before this, The maximum number of people online in Asia is no more than 600 per day, For this reason, I really want to ask DICE what kind of situation do you want to continue?

Or if we were born in Asia, we must endure the purchase of games, but it is a punishment for not being able to play the game properly? Even if we are not from China, do we have to accept such punishment?

When we are in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, the connection delay is below 100, Why do we have to find ways to escape to the US or other regions of the server being bullied? Only because our ping is over 150, We are going to be kicked of the server?

Is this really fair to us?

I am angry, because we don't belong to China!
Post edited by GPX-SYM on

Comments

• ChangTako
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Who launch DDoS attacks should be punishment
  • GPX-SYM
    But China’s justice has no way to intervene in the investigation, Even unable to take further legal action, Only because of the same criminal behavior, the China government only guarantees relevant legal assistance to victims in China, Therefore, it is a legal act for the current situation.

For this reason, we cannot accept.
  • GPX-SYM
    In the past few hours, my server has been attacked by DDoS more than three times in a row.

I can't accept that two offenders use his own rules to decide if I can continue to have a server, This is absolutely unacceptable to me.

Please immediately delete the [join server] button!
  • Marten2018
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Just now my server was attacked more than 6 times in 24 hours.

My server cost is: € 63.10

Can someone tell me if I want to play the game, share the cost to rent the server, or want to enjoy the server that is rented by DDoS?

Can someone tell me what purpose I am renting the server for?

BF4 or DDoS?

Asia's servers take turns being DDoS attacked, Can someone answer me?

• LBF-xSunnyCrazyx
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://imgur.com/a/cMijb

Happen again and again every year :/
  • GPX-SYM
    edited June 16
    My server has been restarted 36 minutes ago.

I can use life to ensure that this is not the result of my own restart, This is definitely the result of the DDoS attack, So I want to ask us to enjoy the game and rent the server? Or do we rent a server in order to enjoy a DDoS attack?

All the evidence is proof that Battlelog is the result of today, Why are you not willing to delete the [Join Server] button?

When Battlefield 3 lost many online players in non-English-speaking countries, it was just a very stupid ™ symbol that caused Windows to not start the game properly, Until now, this small problem has not been solved.

Is DICE now going to let it go again?

Is it correct that China criminals use politics or other reasons to decide who owns the server based on their preferences?  :#
    Post edited by GPX-SYM on
  • AIexius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 29
    You propose to destroy the battlelog.
    Destroy:
    Quick and easy connection to the server (as well as changing the server).
    Convenient filter.
    Displays the actual number of players (without fake players) on the server.
    Display the number of tickets (current).
    Ability to create presets (LOCAL SERVERFILTER PRESETS).

But how to "delete the [Join Server] button" help solve the problem with DDoS ?

Post edited by AIexius on
  • HATANO_KENJI
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 17
    When you can use the browser's [View Source Code] function, When you are able to search directly for the following key keywords, [Join Server] button does not need to continue to exist: "ip" and "port".

Especially since August last year, I have been two high school third grade students from China, Using DDoS tools to significantly reduce the number of servers in Asia, now they are planning to directly eliminate the Asian server, do you think this button is necessary to continue to exist at this moment?

The browser's [Join Server] button is just to help players join the game, However, if the reason why the Battlelog player is kicked on the server is displayed on the game side, there is no need to continue to exist, Because of the convenience of the player, it should not be above the loss of money of all Asia server owners.

You should be able to use the i3D.NET shopping cart to calculate how much of the server is being lost, When you finish calculating, you will know that there is really no room for discussion, you must support directly eliminate the [Join Server] button.

PS. This is a filter for None and 5-10 free slots, I regret that I have not left a screenshot for other filters, Who knows how many servers there are in Asia and how many players are online?

Do you think there really is no need to change?

• JETnooooob
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 18
    Especially the servers in Hong Kong and Japan are often attacked by DDoS, so I support to cancal [Join server] Button to reduce the chance of being attacked
  • AIexius
    edited June 18
    3 years ago from the server page removed ip:port (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/en/forum/threadview/2955064788819319586/2/) the result - ordinary users can not learn ip (sometimes it is necessary) and DDoS attacks continue.

Now you write - let's destroy the battlelog this will help.
    I assure you this will not help stop DDoS attacks. This will only hit the players using the battlelog (and "Better Battlelog") and that's it. 

NetLimiter (or GlassWire, ESET, KIS, etc.) allows you to know ip:port in seconds (without using battlelog).
    To demonstrate this, I recorded a video (youtube):

• HATANO_KENJI
    I can only say the perpetrators from China.

The technical capabilities of these people are currently only through the Battlelog to find the server IP address and port information.

Using the browser's ability to view source code, it takes only two minutes to destroy a server, I just want to make them a little harder, don't let our server, I was attacked by DDoS and it is not working properly.

I want you to imagine it, What is the feeling of being attacked by DDoS more than 6 times in 12 hours? This is what our server owners are currently experiencing, You are just a player, Do you know how we feel?

• AIexius
    edited June 18
    The technical capabilities of these people are currently only through the Battlelog to find the server IP address and port information.
    What will prevent them (if necessary) from running any program to view active network udp connections?
    I want you to imagine it, What is the feeling of being attacked by DDoS more than 6 times in 12 hours? This is what our server owners are currently experiencing, You are just a player, Do you know how we feel?
    Closing the battlelog will not solve the problem, it is obvious.
    The problem with DDoS attacks must be solved by the hosting provider of the servers (there is no other way).
    If the hosting provider does not want or can not solve the problem, then the only solution is to refuse its services.
  • HATANO_KENJI
    Whether you accept it or not, In the past more than 3 years, The Asia server is attacked like this until it disappears.

From myself, I am still only a player, not a server owner. At that time, the DDoS attack already exists.

When all servers have IP range, because this is completely mastered, Why do you think the server provider must be completely responsible for this problem? 

Do you know that i3D.NET has the most basic DDoS attack protection? 

But also because the server IP address is completely mastered, And it is to attack multiple IP addresses at the same time.

Do you think the server provider has a way to solve it at the same time?

To provide hardware-based DDoS protection in consumer game server services, Server costs may increase costs, do you think anyone can afford it?

E.g: € 64.50*2 = 129 Or more cost one months,Do you think this is fair to our server owners? 

At the same time, what do you say in the US Queue-Bot attack? Do you also think this is the server provider must solve? You will actually say such a counterattack, You should also know that in the United States, someone is using a script to simulate a player’s request to connect.

Do you think the server provider really has a way to solve this problem? 

What I want to say is that when the BF2142 is using the game side for multiplayer mode connection, In the case of a server browsing page that cannot use the web page and searching for an IP address, do you know if there is a DDoS attack at the time?

The answer is no, So it can be proved that Battlelog does provide convenient information for DDoS attackers, even if i3D.NET is willing to help us change the IP address, it will become meaningless, Or do you think that we are only trying to rent a server for one or two rounds for 24 hours a day?

If so, please change the way the Battlefield 1 is connected to the Battlelog to join the server, But I can tell you clearly that DICE is because I know that Battlelog is easy to cause DDoS attacks, If not so, why DICE to give up Battlelog?

I can only say that China is a country with closed Internet information, Most people can't use Google and YouTube to learn network technology, but these people do launch DDoS attacks in the easiest way, You want us to give up the solution that might solve this problem?

I can’t accept your statement, Because my server was attacked again several times today, Do you think I have to accept it?
  • AT_MKvIII
    You are not from Asia, you don't know how serious China's madness is?
    So I support deleting the [Join Server] button.
  • AIexius
    edited June 20
    Only EA / DICE can completely solve the problem with "Queue-Bot".

You have to accept that finding the ip-address of the BF4 server using browsing network activity is quite simple (no more difficult than opening the source code of the server page), it is not even necessary to run third-party software, just open the task manager > resource monitor > network.
    Hide the ip of the BF4 server is impossible, regardless of the existence of the battlelog.

Further to continue the discussion, I see no point.

UP 20.06.19:
    I did not take into account that the resource monitor does not show IP if there is a PTR record for this IP.
    In any case, it does not change anything. If not a resource monitor, then any of dozens (if not hundreds) of other programs for viewing network activity will show the server's IP.
    Post edited by AIexius on
  • AIexius
    edited June 18
    And I really am very sorry that the problem (apparently) can not be solved.
    On Asian servers I have a minimum ping (from 35 ms) and online in the afternoon and evening (my time zone is UTC+10:00).
    Alternative only US servers in the morning-afternoon with a ping of 160-170 ms (Chicago) and Europe is late in the evening-night with ping >150ms.
  • HATANO_KENJI
    edited June 20
    I can only say that you are a double standard hypocrite, Your hypocrisy makes me feel very sick.

Because Queue-Bot is from the [Join Server] button code, The hacker uses the code from that piece of code, using the attack script, and simulate the operation of the player join the server.

The only solution is to delete the [Join Server] button, All operations that join the server must be done on the game side, Only in this way can we really solve the problem.

Open the task manager > resource monitor > network, I have to say that i3D.NET cannot directly query the real IP address, You can only get the results of: "hosted-by.i3d.net"

Although you can use the software like NetLimiter you mentioned, you can find out the real IP address, But you must understand that China is a closed country that blocks Google and foreign websites.

You must first think that these criminals can't use such smart technology to know the server's IP address, If you use our normal country thinking mode to treat idiot attackers from China, I can only say that your fears are too stupid.

I have to explain to you that two server owners have indicated to me yesterday that they will not renew their contract next month, My server is constantly being attacked by DDoS yesterday, Even my PRoCon server is attacked by DDoS and it doesn't work.

Currently there are only 18 Asia 64 slots servers left, There may be only 16 or more left next month, You are not a guy from Asia. Why do you criticize me? Who are you?

Post edited by HATANO_KENJI on
  • HATANO_KENJI
    I have taken back the credit card balance that was renewed early, This means that there will be three servers directly shut down next month.

There are only 15 Asia 64-slots servers left, Do you still think this is not a serious problem?

• COLONELLIU
    edited June 20
    We should have a button about [cancel the Join Server], because you can't imagine how important  is in Asia server.
    Post edited by COLONELLIU on
  • HATANO_KENJI
    My server is again attacked by DDoS today.

This problem is quite serious and urgently needs help from DICE, I will emphasize again, China has strict control over foreign connections.

We must first assume that they are all using the Battlelog to query the IP address, If you can't solve this problem first, You will only be spinning around this problem all the time.

This is not helpful for Asia problems.

Please note that our game time is: GMT+8 AM:9:30 to AM:12:50, This is just 15 hours.

If our server is not working properly, Our money will be lost like this, I want to ask everyone, is this what we should bear?

I am from Taiwan, I am not from China, I should not be punished by any criminal acts in China.

I hope that you can understand this.