Weekly Debrief

An open letter to the battlefield 1 administrators and moderators inc. Dice and EA

RealChiefKw3ef
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I do not have have any followers or friends who care about this but I do.....

Firstly when I report a blatant cheater, I do not have the ability to either upload screenshots or video anymore. FIX IT!

Secondly I am quite appauled at how you are handling balancing nowadays, are you disinterested or ambivalent ? FIX IT |

BFV is not as good as it was supposed to be, I bought an RTX on the back of it and yet it really does not measure up..... FIX IT!

To be quite succint, and also brief, do the following things :-

FIX your BF1 ballancing issues - Top priority....

Devote more manpower to BF1 cheater analysis now !

Sort out the DLSS and DXR issues in BFV NOW!

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. Yes you can upload video and photographic evidence on EA Support. If you actually tried, it would take 2 minutes of Googling at most to find EA Support and their cheater report function.

2. There's pretty much no chance that they'll revisit this game for better or for worse. Don't hold your breath; you'll suffocate.

3. What exactly do you want fixed? Gunplay? Vehicles? Class balance? Movement? Visibility? You can't just give an extremely vague statement and expect someone to act on it. If you're taking about DXR then I'm sure they'll fix it sometime in the future, if they haven't already. Ray tracing is still a pretty new concept, it'll be some time before they perfect it. A lot of AAA games are just now starting to recognise it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13069 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Firstly when I report a blatant cheater, I do not have the ability to either upload screenshots or video anymore. FIX IT!

Ok so first off..

When you report a blatant cheater,  You usually would do via Origin as described in this guide : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/91390/how-to-report-cheating-in-battlefield-1#latest
    When you get to actually typing out what was happening,  when,  what game etc..

In the above box,  You'll see "Additional Comments"

So if for example,  You had a screenshot of somebody cheating,  Or a video..  You would upload your image to imgur ( or flickr ),  Right click the image itself and then click "copy image address" which would give you a direct link to the image file.

Paste that link into the "Additional Comments" box.

Same goes for any video you have,  Upload it to youtube and then once its processed and can be viewed at full quality,  Paste the link into the box.

Secondly I am quite appauled at how you are handling balancing nowadays, are you disinterested or ambivalent ? FIX IT |

Balancing has been an issue for some time,  I agree.

BFV is not as good as it was supposed to be, I bought an RTX on the back of it and yet it really does not measure up..... FIX IT!

There has been lots of reports of performance issues,  This has been confirmed to be included in the next patch.

• Nutcrusherr
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not the players job to deal with the cheaters, its like doing the police's job catching drug dealers and thieves....
  • ElliotLH
    8395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its not the players job to deal with the cheaters, its like doing the police's job catching drug dealers and thieves....
    What about vigilantes? 
  • StarscreamUK
    7287 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    but the public help the police.  thats why there is a phone number for the police.

can you imagine if the police operated without public assistance?

You: "omg my house was robbed and a man was stabbed in the street and just died there!"
    Police: "you didnt ring us to tell us"
    You: "It's not my job to ring you!!"
    Police: "but you are complaining now?"
    You: "you didnt do anything!"
    Police: "We didnt know"
  • Nutcrusherr
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    Nutcrusherr said:

but the public help the police.  thats why there is a phone number for the police.

You: "omg my house was robbed and a man was stabbed in the street and just died there!"

Thats not rly a good example to be frank..
    This is a product that you've paid for and it wasnt even a cheap one. You bought the game so you can play it, you didnt buy it to spend your precious time looking for hackers that makes your virtual life miserable, that would be dice/ea job as it was sold with a "working" anti cheat system. Correct me if i'm wrong here. Lol
    Its like you go to the mcdonalds and buy your food, is it your job to make sure that the food is cooked properly in a hygienic environment, There are no cocroaches or rats near food. Nope,its the worker's job in the first place then there is an official authority for this, they do random spotchecks every year to make sure that mcdonalds live up to the standards...
  • Forkbeard84
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nutcrusherr said:

This is a product that you've paid for and it wasnt even a cheap one. You bought the game so you can play it, you didnt buy it to spend your precious time looking for hackers that makes your virtual life miserable, that would be dice/ea job as it was sold with a "working" anti cheat system. Correct me if i'm wrong here. Lol
    Its like you go to the mcdonalds and buy your food, is it your job to make sure that the food is cooked properly in a hygienic environment, There are no cocroaches or rats near food. Nope,its the worker's job in the first place then there is an official authority for this, they do random spotchecks every year to make sure that mcdonalds live up to the standards...

Some pretty good points there.
  • Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nutcrusherr said:

What you said is spot on. That was one of the reasons I stopped doing online games on PC due to the hackers/cheaters and losing my time and cash to these ppl.
  • StarscreamUK
    7287 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nutcrusherr said:

You can be Frank if you want, but you pay a lot more for the police and still have to ring them to let them know there is a robbery going off.  You dont have to look for hackers, just play the game.  The game does have working anti cheat, if I left all the threads from those banned by it proclaiming innocence open and active, it would be great for everyone else reading but the claims of harassment would be burying me under paperwork. 

The problem is the anticheat doesnt let anyone know who is banned, I would prefer if it did.
    Cheaters who get banned are for some reason allowed to change the name of the banned account, and can play again with a new account with the same name, to me thats insanity.
    There is no public banlist of those banned, nor a count.  A counter wouldnt server any real purpose as people would say they didnt believe it, same as a banlist, because of the point above, you could end up with MR_1337_Haxx0r being on the ban list 3 or 4 times.
    The servers dont really lend themselves to spotting cheaters, you can be shot by someone behind a hill, because they were at the top when they fired and started moving down, by the time you are dead and the game shows you where they are, they are so far out of a line of sight that it looks like they cheated.  (I tested this with a friend)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13069 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nutcrusherr said:

it actually is a good example,  Let's turn his example into that of BFV shall we?

You: "omg cheaters everywhere!"
    EA: "you didnt report them?"
    You: "It's not my job to report them!!"
    EA: "but you are complaining now but are unwilling to report them so that they dont slip under the radar?"
    EA: "We didnt know because you didnt report them, software can only do so much which is why we recommend they are reported so that they can be manually reviewed by the terms of service / anticheat team"

So you see, As much as you dislike the notion of reporting,  it is something that needs to be done as there is no client side anticheat ( like punkbuster,  and even that is not foolproof )

• research-kitchen
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't reported very many cheaters because it shouldn't be my job but the prolly 30 I did report was definitely cheating 200 plus kills a game.  I don't want to waste my time or who ever has to investigate it's time.  Anyways I would like a response from EA on reported players like "thanks for reporting player we will look into it or player has been banned.  It feels like the reports are not being looked at and it feels like a waste of time for me.  Reporting people in game doesn't work at all it's just a blank page it use to work.  So this week I been dealing with one of those cheaters, I called him out now every time he's in my game he focuses on me, I managed to go 4 and 11 against him.  He's in the server bragging about where to get the cheats!  
  • Nutcrusherr
    "The game has a working anti cheat" stars, that was a good one, made me laugh out loud.. :D
    I want to see proof that its working, cos i saw blatant cheaters for weeks or even months and even after both teams reported this individual..
    I want to see the message that FF banned this and that person out due to using aimbot and what not. Also i woul rly rly rly love to see some numbers of the banned ppl since start of this year, or even since release.. It would make so much difference.

Lolgot... i dont think that at this point reporting should be mandatory as the whole damn world knows about the bf 5 cheating problem. You know what should be mandatory for this game? Turning the anti cheat on, or have a working one.
  • ZombieEatingKid
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NukemDukeNukem said:

Ok so first off..

When you report a blatant cheater,  You usually would do via Origin as described in this guide : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/91390/how-to-report-cheating-in-battlefield-1#latest

So if for example,  You had a screenshot of somebody cheating,  Or a video..  You would upload your image to imgur ( or flickr ),  Right click the image itself and then click "copy image address" which would give you a direct link to the image file.

Same goes for any video you have,  Upload it to youtube and then once its processed and can be viewed at full quality,  Paste the link into the box.

NukemDukeNukem said:Secondly I am quite appauled at how you are handling balancing nowadays, are you disinterested or ambivalent ? FIX IT |

NukemDukeNukem said:
    There has been lots of reports of performance issues,  This has been confirmed to be included in the next patch.

Everyone knows so called cheaters, use controllers, joysticks, aim assist, the legal one shot kill aimbot.
    Turn AA aim assist off in server options.
    That will never happen.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to see there is still passion and interest about this game. When a developer announces that they are no longer supporting a game, it means exactly that. No changes, fixes or anti-cheat support. No nothing other than keeping the servers on so you can still enjoy the game.
  • Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nutcrusherr said:

it actually is a good example,  Let's turn his example into that of BFV shall we?

You: "omg cheaters everywhere!"
    EA: "you didnt report them?"
    You: "It's not my job to report them!!"
    EA: "but you are complaining now but are unwilling to report them so that they dont slip under the radar?"
    EA: "We didnt know because you didnt report them, software can only do so much which is why we recommend they are reported so that they can be manually reviewed by the terms of service / anticheat team"

So you see, As much as you dislike the notion of reporting,  it is something that needs to be done as there is no client side anticheat ( like punkbuster,  and even that is not foolproof )

True, but at the end of the day we, the ToS and EULA complying players, don't have any obligation under the ToS to report cheaters when we see them whatsoever.

Quite literally it is "not (our) jon to report them". We, the players, are obligated under EA's ToS and EULA to follow the guidelines and not cheat and etc. But once again, I emphasise that there is no obligation whatsoever for us to report them. In fact, if you look at EA's official EULA (updated 29 March, 2019), EA encourages players to report players in violation of the agreement: "If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to EA using the "Help" or "Report Abuse" functions in the relevant EA Service, if available, or contact Customer Support at help.ea.com."

As you can see, reporting isn't mandatory. If it was, I should have been banned a long time ago. Making it mandatory also implies that I am just as guilty as the person who is actually cheating just because I didn't report. Doesn't make much sense.

EA's EULA expects all players to abide by the official rules and guidelines in order to use their products and rightfully so. Well, it just so happens that I, we, the players ALSO expect EA to abide by their own EULA and enforce their own codes of conduct. EA is the one writing and setting out the EULA for us to agree to, therefore the onus is on them to enforce their own guidelines, not us.

It is a two way thing. I agree to your EULA and you have to agree to enforce your EULA. If either party decides to slack off, well it's hardly an agreement isn't it? 
  • RealChiefKw3ef
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can I just come at you all, firstly cheater reporting I agree should not be my "function" I am a consumer and customer !
    I paid for this game in good faith, and am disapointed that I have spent many 100's of hours ranking up whilst a lazy fool, who has either bought or acquired a free cheat mechanism gets to rule the world !! Come on that aint right and EA/Dice need to sort this out.
    Its clear to me that cheating has increased since BFV came out and that aint no surprise to me.
    Focus has shifted from "legacy" to "new", and it is very disapointing.
    BF1 is one of the best games I have ever played over 4 decades of gaming (yes it is true I am an old ****), but is ruined by lack of corporate interest in obligations to players such as me.

Secondly - Just aknowledging there is an issue - is not the same as resolving an issue. It is a lazy and idle response, as a customer I would like to know what the resolution path is, after all are we not all (as license paying individuals) entitled to this information ?

EA/Dice feel free to comment
  • RealChiefKw3ef
    Guys cant you just fix these things for crying out loud you inability to sort it out is making lots of people unhappy !
  • RealChiefKw3ef
    LOLGotYerTags said:

Ok so first off..

Hw about if I did not want to join the "social network" community ? And I really do not because of privacy concerns - this aint good enough, I want a straight forward direct upload mechanism, come on at end of day it is only storage...

• LOLGotYerTags
    Hw about if I did not want to join the "social network" community ? And I really do not because of privacy concerns - this aint good enough, I want a straight forward direct upload mechanism, come on at end of day it is only storage...

You dont need to have an account to view tweets that are posted publicly by the developers.

• RealChiefKw3ef
    1. Yes you can upload video and photographic evidence on EA Support. If you actually tried, it would take 2 minutes of Googling at most to find EA Support and their cheater report function.

2. There's pretty much no chance that they'll revisit this game for better or for worse. Don't hold your breath; you'll suffocate.

3. What exactly do you want fixed? Gunplay? Vehicles? Class balance? Movement? Visibility? You can't just give an extremely vague statement and expect someone to act on it. If you're taking about DXR then I'm sure they'll fix it sometime in the future, if they haven't already. Ray tracing is still a pretty new concept, it'll be some time before they perfect it. A lot of AAA games are just now starting to recognise it.
    I think your intial response is somewhat patronising, as decades long IT professional I dont need instruction on how to summarize my "general" discontent, with a product.

Lets break it down shall we ?(even though I should not need to, as I am a consumer not a tech authority in this context)

1. I DO NOT WANT TO USE SOCIAL MEDIA - EVER!!!

2. I already expected that, but someone needs to hold them to account for "pre End Of Life" disinterest

3. For BF1 I want following fixed:-
        a. Balancing, the current balancing mechanism has gone massively downhil since intorduction of BFV, this really does not surprise me, as I see it as a marketing ploy to push players onto new version.
        b. A serious and dedicated desire to resolve cheating, not just publishing a few results, forcing you to install unwanted software (Punkbuster), and doing the absolute minimum to act.  I have reported in the order of 30 cheaters in last few months, and guess what I have no responses, no follow up and no idea what is going on..

4(addtional). For BFV
        a. I spent almost $500 on an RTX card that does not perform as well as my old GTX970 on BFV, WTF????
        b. They should not have released an $100+ game without more thorough testing ... FULL STOP !!!!!
        c. If you take a momentary chance to do even the most casual google, everybody, EVERYBODY!!!!! is complaining about this.

As a senior IT architect who specializes in platforms, I would never be allowed to get away with this by my customers, why should EA/DICE ???