Weapon balance is going off the rails...

YourLocalPlumber
3112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 16
Dice, have you gone completely mad? Why on earth are you adding 30 round MMG? Give me a single reason as to why S2-200 is an MMG. And why would I use it instead of Lewis or KE7 or even FG42 for that matter?

Complete nonsense.......

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    You think a 30 round MMG is the worst they can do, eh?

Have a look at this:

Tachanka uniform when, DICE? XD
  • Noodlesocks
    3139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish they would balance the weapons they have now instead of just tossing more into the mix.
  • VincentNZ
    3446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It gets improved bipod, vrec reduction and hrec reduction in one spec-tree. Plus it has the ROF of the MG34. That is it's niche, fast delete at all ranges. Now is it a good niche? No, but it has one. What is stupid is that this is the one they will add, when the Chauchat is a fully automatic Turner and is ready for release since November.
  • fragnstein
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why do people expect the new weapons to be the best? Truth be told, you would want the starter guns to be the best, cater to the new people so they don't feel like they start at a disadvantage
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    VincentNZ said:
    It gets improved bipod, vrec reduction and hrec reduction in one spec-tree. Plus it has the ROF of the MG34. That is it's niche, fast delete at all ranges. Now is it a good niche? No, but it has one. What is stupid is that this is the one they will add, when the Chauchat is a fully automatic Turner and is ready for release since November.
    So? There is M1922 MMG which has default 770 RPM with both vertical and horizontal recoil buffers and 250 round belt as a bonus. Improved bipod accuracy doesn't mean anything because spread in BF5 isn't really an issue. And if its an issue for you because your target is VERY far way, then you're playing the game wrong. MMGs are designed for supporting, not sniping.

@VincentNZ
  • YourLocalPlumber
    Why do people expect the new weapons to be the best? Truth be told, you would want the starter guns to be the best, cater to the new people so they don't feel like they start at a disadvantage
    I'm not asking for it to be the best. I'm asking for a single reason as to why it even exist and why would someone use it over other weapons.
  • dayglowfroggy
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From what you say this gun sounds totally pointless unless maybe they start changing the damage per shot with this gun.
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    This game needs RBD. It’s casual nature and need for different guns demands it.

Rbd honestly feels great in bf1 (even when I main medic)

I feel like I magdump 100x more in bfv than I do in bf1. Same goes for ADADADAD abuse. I only find myself doing it in bfv.

Anyone else agree with me here?
  • filthmcnasty
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein said:

I'm not asking for it to be the best. I'm asking for a single reason as to why it even exist and why would someone use it over other weapons.

Unless it has a 1/4 second reload I won't be touching it. I'll stick with my 75 round drum MG34
  • ProAssassin2003
    3527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pistols beat everything in this game. Great balance.
  • dcs500
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, I’ve noticed that. Might as well just run around with the revolver.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More like 1 pistol beats everything in this game. The other ones are really lacking in stopping power. 6 shots from the luger to take someone out is a joke.
  • VincentNZ
    3446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    So? There is M1922 MMG which has default 770 RPM with both vertical and horizontal recoil buffers and 250 round belt as a bonus. Improved bipod accuracy doesn't mean anything because spread in BF5 isn't really an issue. And if its an issue for you because your target is VERY far way, then you're playing the game wrong. MMGs are designed for supporting, not sniping.

@VincentNZ

It basically has no spread and recoil at all, paired with 850 RPM, that is darn fast. And what MMGs are designed for is a complete other story than what they are used for, there is no suppressive or sustained fire, as this will draw unwanted attention and a headshot. Deleting enemies fast from a prone position is the MMGs niche and the MG30 fills that. Now I do not find that appealing, nor do I think the MG30 should be an MMG at all. However DICE does and so this is what we get.
    Weapon balance is not an issue here, the weapon seems decently balanced and with a niche, however it will not be in a relevant use.
  • fragnstein
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein said:

Its in the game like all the other weapons, for an option. Why use it? To challenge yourself to master another less viable weapon.

Don't like it? Don't use it. After all you can only use 1 gun at a time, which means there are many other guns in your arsenal not being used
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE shoud just think again of that garbage forced bipod system.

I guess that was the easiest way for them to balance high RPM weapons.

But that results in very disappointing experiences like suddenly and instantly getting killed by a guy with an MMG staying prone and still, whom I couldn't see.

It really ruins overall gameplay experience, and getting killed by a prone guy was quiet rare in previous Battlefield series, and I think constantly increasing the number of prone players is very very wrong choice.

S2-200 could have been a LMG if it lacked fire rate specialization and had stronger recoil. Making this kind of gun as a MMG is.... sad. just sad.
  • Godmodegta
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would imagine , if it was lmg, it would be like the Ke7 befor it got nurf.
  • bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We only get one thing a week through this totally awesome live service and they give us this trash. It makes me feel physically uncomfortable that its not a LMG.
  • MarxistDictator
    4972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seemed like a really odd choice, but as an LMG it would basically be an FG42 on steroids. That's usually the sign its a bad fit for the game but they added it anyway.

The MG 34 still has an extremely competitive reload time and excellent control so I have no idea what the thought process was here. Even the low effort card doesn't apply since its a new gun to the series. Its just bad, like M1916/P.16 Storm from BF1 level of bad but it didn't get a glory period of being OP first. Just bad and outclassed from the gate.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    Seemed like a really odd choice, but as an LMG it would basically be an FG42 on steroids. That's usually the sign its a bad fit for the game but they added it anyway.

The MG 34 still has an extremely competitive reload time and excellent control so I have no idea what the thought process was here. Even the low effort card doesn't apply since its a new gun to the series. Its just bad, like M1916/P.16 Storm from BF1 level of bad but it didn't get a glory period of being OP first. Just bad and outclassed from the gate.
    They could've easily made it less controllable but higher RPM than FG42. Support lacks fast firing CQ LMGs. S200 would fit into that role nicely.