is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I was you I would wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019.
    This is the approximate date that this game should had been released if it was not being rushed by Corporate Commanders who want to please  investors with short term revenue.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »
    £20 won't even get you a few drinks and a pizza so why is the thought of spending that money on a game that will worst-case last you 50 hours even a question?

I rather buy the pizza
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One a bad note, this afternoon I was in two rounds with three cheaters who were actually taunting the other players and boasting about how little they care about EA's anti-cheat in BFV.  They said they turned to using hacks because BFV is so boring, thus they amuse themselves making legit players angry, "Join us", was the invitation one issued.  They said it takes so long to be banned and it's so easy to get a "free" replacement account (perhaps they meant hijacked) that the hack community considers BFV's anti-cheat a joke.

This wasn't just talk BTW, despite only having a few hours in the game they went 110-5, scores like that, and being killed by one of them was instantly recognizable as abnormal, e.g. all-headshot insta-kills without even one bullet missing.  I did have the pleasure of killing two of them back to back however, in return they killed me within seconds every time I spawned from then on.

Anyway, this is the first time I've seen multiple hack users working together like that, or seen them boasting about it in chat.

Everyone reported them, maybe in a month they'll have to get new accounts.  So take that into account when you're deciding if BFV is worth buying.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 
    I suggest BF1 and BF4 and then if you like those migrate to BF 5. (But be ready to switch back to BF 1 or BF 4 if you rage)
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex said:
    yes it is the best ever.  

no it's the worst ever.

which answer you want?

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

- Charles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (A Tale of Two Cities)
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Games aren't supposed to be fun.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't recommend bfv now. Maybe in a couple of weeks but most people play it up to level 50 and just stop. There's still an audience but it's not exactly thriving

For$30, I'd say no.

For mine 15 bucks, sure why not.

I enjoy it for what it is but lately I mostly play with friends now. Playing it alone can be boring and sometimes frustrating
    Post edited by Pelliy on
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pelliy said:
    I don't recommend bfv now. Maybe in a couple of weeks but most people play it up to level 50 and just stop. There's still an audience but it's not exactly thriving

For$30, I'd say no.

I enjoy it for what it is but lately I mostly okay with friends now. Playing it alone can be boring and sometimes frustrating
    You wouldn't pay $15 but you already own BFV. So, presumably, you paid more than that for BFV? What did you pay for BFV?
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you clan up and use Discord you'll get something out of this game. If you're more casual and looking just to shoot some people, then it's a horrendous disaster and you'll have a terrible time. It might be worth playing once RSP comes online because that may deal with some of the clan issues.

Had my last game tonight. I'm done.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was actually pretty high up on the popularity list on PS4, BFV nowhere to be seen of course, I'm sure the days of play sale boosted the player numbers a bit, maybe on HL as well idk because I haven't played that in awhile.

But short answer is no, BFV isn't worth it not even for $20 imo. And plus after EA recently had their comment about lootboxes being just like a damn kinder egg idk if I can  possibly even think of supporting DICE while they're under them with the next Battlefield.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    If you can get it cheaply then give it a go... and see for yourself

Gameplay can be very fun if all the stars align.

Be aware that the player population is dwindling, core game-modes are being removed, datacentres are being disabled and the game is borderline unplayable for many currently due to performance and stuttering issues.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 
    Do you play under a different name? Doesn't look like you play much BF at all. 
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's worth a discount price for sure. It's certainly got issues but at 50% it's worth it. I think it has a lot of issues, my k/d rates and general play though are still pretty similar to prior battlefields which is why I for one stick around.

If you are on PC though a different solution is buy Origin Access Basic for 4.99 USD for one month and see if you like it. BFV is unlimited playtime on that now, no more needing Origin Access Premier. If you like it after a month then buy the full game, it's on sale all the time. If you don't like it, then play some of the other games Origin Access has for the rest of the month.
    I thought it was free to try for 7 days with access (not that 4.99 is going to break the bank though)? Has that changed now?

fritz
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you clan up and use Discord you'll get something out of this game. If you're more casual and looking just to shoot some people, then it's a horrendous disaster and you'll have a terrible time. It might be worth playing once RSP comes online because that may deal with some of the clan issues.

Had my last game tonight. I'm done.
    It would almost be worth it to rent a server just for moving half the Clan Teamstack players to the other side so the round isn't a foregone conclusion.  Or when two clans/platoons are working together to stack the teams (something I see often), moving one clan so the sides are balanced, that would be fun.  If they didn't like it, oh well, they're free to leave.

It's different when a clan chooses to play against other clans, when they're looking for real competition.  But pub-stomping disorganized casuals, that's punk behavior.
  • Pelliy
    warslag said:
    Pelliy said:

For$30, I'd say no.

I enjoy it for what it is but lately I mostly okay with friends now. Playing it alone can be boring and sometimes frustrating
    You wouldn't pay $15 but you already own BFV. So, presumably, you paid more than that for BFV? What did you pay for BFV?
    I didn't pay for BF5. I was gifted BF5 and also won another copy on a stream that I watch, which I gave the code to a friend.
  • Pelliy
    edited June 2019
    BF1 was the last battlefield I paid for. It was $85 for the base game+ DLC. 

Paid 45 dollars on launch and $40 for the DLC a month and a half after release of the game and  before the dlc even supposed to come out.

The people who paid $120 on release for the ultimate edition were understandably upset.
  • parkingbrake
    Pelliy said:
    BF1 was the last battlefield I paid for. It was $85 for the base game+ DLC. 

Paid 45 dollars on launch and $40 for the DLC a month and a half after release of the game and  before the dlc even supposed to come out.

The people who paid $120 on release for the ultimate edition were understandably upset.
    Premium was a good deal in BF3 and BF4, it covered all the DLC at a reduced price, it included real early access (two weeks, not two days) and even had queue priority, plus a couple of little extras like a knife or pistol skin or something.  BF1 is where it all began to go wrong, that's where EA started the process of getting rid of rented servers and hosting all the servers on AWS, where they took away admin control, where the UI we knew and liked was done away with, where annoying changes like not being able to use the scroll wheel to access gadgets came in (you console players can use your imaginations, it was a dumb thing to change) and of course making the game more "inclusive" which would come back to bite them later.  Many of the dumb ideas in BF1 have survived and been amplified in BFV, so they went from broken rented servers to no rented servers at all, and they made the network performance worse, and they got rid of paid DLC and Premium so the revenue to cover large-scale expansion is gone leading to a smaller, cheaper-feeling game.  Oh yeah, they brought in skin sales because that's now more important that an enjoyable game with high technical quality, everybody gets Halloween costumes for just ten bucks each (as opposed to the four-map DLC we used to buy for fifteen bucks each).

One shudders to think where this might end up in BF6, perhaps a game with four or five maps and that's it, no expansion ever?  No PC version at all, console only (saves the cost of even an ineffective anti-cheat)?  If EA wants to cut costs in the hopes we'll keep buying smaller versions of Battlefield, who knows how far they'll go?
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After today, I can honestly say No. It doesn't look like it's going to get any better. If and when they start to turn things around it'll be too late. New games coming out and another BF so no one will be playing this one.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     If you can get it cheap then yes. 
  • KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not worth if you are asian. I feel really lucky when I can find asian server without cheater.