is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

Comments

• DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. It's not worth it. In fact, none of them are at the moment.

BF3 / BF4 player count finally dropped off a cliff.
    BF1 absolutely cheat infested, and has a community so casual that they seemingly tolerate them or don't know the difference.
    BF4 awful design, awful execution, also absolutely riddled with cheats right now ( it has been better and worse at different times.)

Just do yourself a favour and use your time on something else, its not even anything to do with the monetary cost of buying it, the real cost of how much of waste of time it is, is far more important.
    Is your last point meant to say BFV vs. BF4?
  • ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Its a fun game, is it perfect no...but what game is, i would recommend not listening to 98% of the whinging on here, the game is fine and its a good game, you could probably get it cheap now and you would get your moneys worth out of it.
  • DavidHarlyson
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    ackers75 said:
    If you can get it for 20$ or 20£ it’s worth getting.
    I wouldn’t pay any more than that and if your in the uk you won’t have any servers so you will have to join the god awful German ones.
    im austrian , so i dont think german servers are a problem 
    g'day mate

• PuckersMcColon
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is just a collosal waste of time. Same content, new bugs. Everyone I used to play with from BF4 through BF1 have quit this spit show. I get the feeling they are just buying time until the next game. This game should have gotten another 1-2 years development, with more content and less bugs. I can tell you the only way I'm playing whatever they release next is for free or not at all.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When you start to realise that 9 out of 10 of your deaths are because of bugs, poor Netcode, laggers, no ping limit, poor balance, poor movement, getting stuck behind things, missing footsteps etc ... it is hard to say the game is worth buying ...
  • x--VoodooKing--x
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And the closure of threads regarding cheating tells you something. One of their biggest problems with this game right now.
  • -Antares65z
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And the closure of threads regarding cheating tells you something. One of their biggest problems with this game right now.
    Its the biggest problem that pretty much all FPS games on PC is facing these days. If it's a relatively popular FPS game, it's been hacked and there are cheats available. 
  • off3nc3
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    When you start to realise that 9 out of 10 of your deaths are because of bugs, poor Netcode, laggers, no ping limit, poor balance, poor movement, getting stuck behind things, missing footsteps etc ... it is hard to say the game is worth buying ...
    lol this post is so painful but so true.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its a fun game, is it perfect no...but what game is, i would recommend not listening to 98% of the whinging on here, the game is fine and its a good game, you could probably get it cheap now and you would get your moneys worth out of it.
    LOL, "The game is fine", that's why EA has shut down server locations to save money, that's why they've dropped two games modes that thrived in previous titles, that's why we can't play the latest map in Conquest, or why even DICE has admitted there are network performance issues which didn't exist when the game released, and so on, because the game is mostly "fine".  Ask yourself one question, if the game is fine, why won't EA release player numbers?  You can instantly see how many people are playing BF3, BF4, BF1--how come BFV is an exception to that?

It's possible to have some fun playing BFV, but saying the game is "fine" is delusional.
  • -Antares65z
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's possible to have some fun playing BFV, but saying the game is "fine" is delusional.
    Some is about right. I seem to get bored after a few maps and shut it down. 
  • TheNoobPolice
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF1 absolutely cheat infested, and has a community so casual that they seemingly tolerate them or don't know the difference.
    BF4 awful design, awful execution, also absolutely riddled with cheats right now ( it has been better and worse at different times.)

Just do yourself a favour and use your time on something else, its not even anything to do with the monetary cost of buying it, the real cost of how much of waste of time it is, is far more important.
    Is your last point meant to say BFV vs. BF4?
    Yes, typo
  • nino9878
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No it's not worth it. The smgs are weaker compared to the other weapons. DICE is removing some game modes because they say that it's not populated enough to keep them running
    Wait what? smgs are weaker compared to the other weapons? ok so Suomi, Thompson, Sten and all the other smgs are weak? 
    Then Check this out and repeat it again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb-izLg784s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx76fOLTfUE
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 
    No. If you haven't played BF1, play that.  It's much better than BF5.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieGent wrote: »

Yeah it can be fun but is it worth the money? The answer is no.

It's not only here. It's all of social media and plus the game changer on YouTube. Plus streaming and plus the player population which guesstimated was less than bf1 at probably the same window

I got the mean greens for PC. That game is fun

https://streamable.com/7d8ch
  • GenCuster
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You couldn't be more spot on. Most of these players in denial don't understand the definition of a 'closet cheater'. They only recognize rage cheaters who post scores like 70-5 playing infantry. The inconspicuous cheaters are the ones who follow the instructions from the cheat provider and run basic cheats like ESP spotter and wallhacks. They don't shoot through walls or smoke and if they do run an aimbot, its a soft aimbot. These types of cheaters represent the majority on any given server and there is a lot more of them than people realize. You'll never detect them in game unless you put your game aside and jump into spectator and watch them and know what you're looking for. They don't post ridiculous scores and aren't always at the top of the leader board. 

You're right at 200%.
    The majority of the "phenomena" that we see in the game are just "good" cheat users ......
    (remember that it is forbidden to talk about it)

• Jokerdef
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When BFV was new, the first time you start the game the intro was great! Made me feel that this game is the next logical step after BF1. 
    Now, after all this time, the game experience is still not even near what I initially expected. Instead, the quality, stability, map design and team balance are bad, very bad.
    So knowing all this, I would not recommend buying this game in it's current state. Actually, not at all if one liked the previous BF games. This looks like DICE simply forgot everything the player base likes and loves in the BF games. If I didn't know BFV was made by the same people, I would not believe it. 
    The thing I have learned, is that this is the last BF game I preorder. That legacy is gone.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nino9878 said:
    No it's not worth it. The smgs are weaker compared to the other weapons. DICE is removing some game modes because they say that it's not populated enough to keep them running
    Wait what? smgs are weaker compared to the other weapons? ok so Suomi, Thompson, Sten and all the other smgs are weak? 
    Then Check this out and repeat it again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb-izLg784s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx76fOLTfUE
    Why do people always use clips with connection issues icons showing ...?

What happened is caused by an insane amount of latency variation in the connection of the player that got killed.

The ping jumps lots of ms every second, even the best netcode in the world can't fix that. (and next to that, that player is killing the game for the rest of the players ...)

That player is playing on poor wifi, needs a new modem/equipment or a better provider.
  • wrongdrug
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ackers75 said:
    If you can get it for 20$ or 20£ it’s worth getting.
    I wouldn’t pay any more than that and if your in the uk you won’t have any servers so you will have to join the god awful German ones.
    im austrian , so i dont think german servers are a problem 
    g'day mate

Dude, Austrian... Not Australian...

• Blastosphere
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't buy it too many cheaters.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    is it true game costs $5 dollars right now if you have origin access premier (PC)?