is battlefield 5 worth buying ?

Comments

• BtheReaper49
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is BFV worth buying? Well let's just say I wish I could get my $80 back....
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And the closure of threads regarding cheating tells you something. One of their biggest problems with this game right now.
    Three games in a row tonight with "Hey look at me" cheaters, like 169-1, laughing about it in chat, one had an intercontinental ping too.  Not only is it not getting better, it's worse.  You have to wonder if anyone at EA expects any BFV PC players to buy BF6 given their total indifference to the cheating issue.  Add the network performance issues to that, and the bugs, and the drip-feed of new content, and the ugly cosmetics--what a sad excuse for a Battlefield game this is.  I defended DICE against some of the more irrational complainers the first few months this game was out, clearly that was a mistake on my part.
  • Krypto_El1te
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is worth in case of gameplay and fun but not worth if we are talking about cheaters. Every single server has cheaters that makes the game unplayable and so many players have switched to other online games. I switched to division 2 for now till DICE has balls to ban cheaters immediately.
  • Vorih4n
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game is still buggy, and got a lot of little issue that for veterans are quite annoying.
    But, it's better than bf4, it's better than bf1 as gameplay dynamics. So in my opinion yes.

The problem is that i like the most the old system with the premium and the expansions. We had a pretty tight schedule. Here, since the beginning, just one new map a lot of useless cosmetics for people that spend money and not for everyone. So it's a bit disappointing.

I'm still having fun tho, even with all these bugs and stuff that make you search for another game to play :)
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In no way is this better than BF4 lol. I'd give BF4 a solid 9 out of 10, this pile of crap will get a six. If you could buy the Dev Build for this, then it might be worth it. Their build always seems to run free of bugs, even though it's supposed to be identical to the one we have. Haha. 
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you have friends to play with I'd say yes. If you're going to be playing solo then it's a maybe.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definite no. Every game plays out in one of two ways:

1. Skill balancing of players does not exist so one side eventually gets stacked with highly skilled players at which point each game devolves into a complete stomp.
    2. Player base is now so small that if you do get a balanced game you get one or two Discord pro squads on each side hitting 30-40 kills, farming everyone else on the enemy team who average about 10 kills. Yay. Such fun.

If Dice does implement a skill balancer the game would be changed overnight and would be fun and challenging for everyone of all levels. At the moment though, unless you're a high skilled FPS player, you're gonna have a bad time.

Don't waste your money or your time. Do literally anything else.

• NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    You could buy it for $5 bucks but at the end of the day you’ve over paid and they’re laughing all the way to the bank. As a long time supporter of this franchise I’m telling you now, they lost what made them special.

I’m gone and will not support this company ever again. They out right released a game that wasn’t complete but polished their coin system ahead of most everything else to try and get even more money from the community. They do not respect their customer base.
    Post edited by NN_Buzz12 on
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big overwhelming NEGATIVE!
  • Dank_Jeezus
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warfighter10000 said:
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 

No. If you haven't played BF1, play that.  It's much better than BF5.

Bf1 is amazing only if you can master the gun mechanics.

They’re very good. But they frustrate people who use arcade mechanics as a crutch like bfv players do.

No mag dumping, not much bursting, no ADADADAD, less 3x with no glint unless it’s a pea shooter, people can see you if you’re hiding in cover.

Basically bfv is for hide and seek trolls who want to join up two clans and pubstomp helpless blueberries.

Bfv gives passive infantry farmers every tool they ever begged for.

• seg_x
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    Hell no,  every [edited]match has a cheating hacker in it and EA wont use a real anticheat... it a GD joke. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
    [edited for profanity]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • Bamsmacked
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i honestly havent had a good shooter in a long time , the only cod thats partly good is bo2 and its just nuketown and hijacked , nothing else , i played rainbow six siege for a while but the game honestly isnt fun either , but i really enjoyed battlefield 4 , so i thought about maybe buying bf5 , does it have enough players ? is there lots of variety with the weapons ? i generally am a smg player , i remember in old moh games i loved the mp40 in single player , does bfv have the mp40 ? 

and generally would you recomend it ? 
    If you can buy it for 5 bucks then yah... It's worth it then.
  • Klassik201
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. Do not buy unless it is discounted dramaticly
  • DarthKeroberoz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No don't buy it.
  • Parkschein77
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    If its down to 10.- then buy it. But don´t expect much of it, it´s simply frustrating, annoying and it is not getting better with the time..

Save your money, don´t waste it on a totally broken game.
  • opsis_1
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No..play  bf3, 4 ...before this monstrosity.
  • BtheReaper49
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't waste your money! After 8-9 months the game has NOT gotten any better
    - lousy TTK/TTD still infects the game
    - terrible weapon balance. Assaults and camping MMG's rule the day. Even in CQC where SMG's should rule, you can still be outgunned by SAR's, pistols, MMG's, etc. It's laughable really
    - awful visibility. Hasn't been fixed and everyone looks like a rock, mound of dirt,catch. Frustrating and unbelievably stupid
    - terrible maps (for the most part). Most are wide open with few flanking routes with cover. Prepared to be buzzsawed by multiple MMG's
    - and the list goes on and on

In short, steer clear. It isn't even close to the playability of the last few installments. They screwed the pooch on this one
  • kenpokillz
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hells no. I got my copy for free when I friend of mine tossed his. It’s worth as much.
  • -Antares65z
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2019
    If you can afford to buy the game and it's ok that it turns out to be a dud, give it a shot. That's what I did. Figured it was worth the $30 to not sit here and have to wonder if PERHAPS I might have liked the game compared to most others. 
  • MASTERGAMER895
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stick with BF4 or BF1, both still have plenty of players on console.