"It's time to end the MMG bipod meta" said Westie

Tactical_wizzzeR
304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

do you agree? disagree? 

I myself am mixed, the bipod MMG lockdown is easily countered in an open field, but when a camper lockdowns a corner as he crouches in rubble, it's really obnoxious to deal with.

even though MMG's are balanced, and I myself would much rather use LMG's like the Bren, they are not fun to play against, not particularly fun to play with unless you have a camping fetish.

I say, let's leave the damage it as it is but reduce the velocity of most MMG's to allow reaction in tight corners more feasable, you don't always have grenades to deal with those spots...

Comments

• marcanthony421
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol what do you have against youtubers?
  • bigiain
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don't seem that much of a problem on xbox,although I do stick to Conquest and Squad Conquest. Maybe they're more common on the meat grinder modes. 

I'd say the actual meta in this game is 3x scope, which excludes the MMG. Any nerf would just shift players to the Lewis anyway.

The youtubers do all seem to be having ideas again.
  • warslag
    1428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Why is he only complaining about bipods now when they've been in Battlefield since BF3? If you add up all the played time of all the players in BF3, BF4, BF1 and BFV and he's only now decided to complain about it? Doesn't make any sense. I hate bipods though. It's another good reason not to buy BFV.
  • JamieCurnock
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Why is he only complaining about bipods now when they've been in Battlefield since BF3? If you add up all the played time of all the players in BF3, BF4, BF1 and BFV and he's only now decided to complain about it? Doesn't make any sense. I hate bipods though. It's another good reason not to buy BFV.

Think he's saying about mmgs specifically which are only in bfv, not bipods which as you say are in all the bf games.
  • warslag
    1428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Think he's saying about mmgs specifically which are only in bfv, not bipods which as you say are in all the bf games.
    They weren't in BF2.
  • JamieCurnock
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19

They weren't in BF2.

That wasn't really the point i was making but ok yeah, apart from bf2.
  • warslag
    edited June 19
    JamieCurnock said:

They weren't in BF2.

That wasn't really the point i was making but ok yeah, apart from bf2.
    Well he does say in his video that it's the chokepoints in upcoming maps similar to metro that concerned him.

What he's talking about is bipod LMGs shooting through doorways etc.

He says "LMG Bipod camper".

He also states the ways he wants to change MMGs (by the way, they just seem to be saying MMG now instead of LMG): "I would want to remove the reliance on the bipod deployment of MMGs,  I would want to reduce the strength of MMGs when they're deployed on a bipod, and I want to find new way to make those guns effective and fun to use when they aren't bipodded".

So if you think he's not talking about bipods then you probably haven't watched the video. 
  • JamieCurnock
    edited June 19

What he's talking about is bipod LMGs shooting through doorways etc.

He says "LMG Bipod camper".

He also states the ways he wants to change MMGs (by the way, they just seem to be saying MMG now instead of LMG): "I would want to remove the reliance on the bipod deployment of MMGs,  I would want to reduce the strength of MMGs when they're deployed on a bipod, and I want to find new way to make those guns effective and fun to use when they aren't bipodded".

So if you think he's not talking about bipods then you probably haven't watched the video. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected. I did get bored about half way through and quit. I totally agree that there's no reason to complain about bipods, they have been in the game far too long to start complaining now. I also don't agree that mmgs are an issue (at least not on Xbox)
  • warslag
    @JamieCurnock ;

Bipods should not be in Battlefield at all. They are an awful gimmick.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All they got to do is give them a longer cool down for self resupply. Problem solved.