"It's time to end the MMG bipod meta" said Westie

Comments

• warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 24
    DavTan said:
    warslag wrote: »
    DavTan said:

warslag wrote: »
    mrtwotimes said:

Wahh, I got killed in a war by a machine gun.   

It's not a war though. It's a game.

It's not just any game though. It's a war game.
    I'm not sure about that, actually, as a 'war game' is a simulation and I don't think Battlefield games really count as simulations.

A war themed game yes.

I didn't say it was a Wargame ( notice that's one word ) I said it is a war game eg a game about war ... Which you agreed with in your final sentence.
    mrtwotimes gets an upvote from me.
    No. It means that you now agree with me when I say Battlefield is only a game and not a war. The game play can be military themed but doesn't have to simulate war which was my original point.
  • DavTan
    729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 24
    (content removed by moderator - follow the forum rules, no bullying, no personal insults, keep it about the game)
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The fact stands that Battlefield is a game and not a war, and that using war as a way to back up points about game play is often ridiculous. So it's not a war it's a game. There's an important and obvious distinction to be made between war and games even if the game is war themed.
  • Mensrea831
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    They are frustrating to play with and to play against, in that case you would call it balanced. However they do only allow for one playstyle and that is very stationary, without giving the player the intel necessary to be more dynamic and mobile. That is poor.I would have just done it the same way as in every other shooter and allow them to ADS, similar to how BF3 handled them with high spread and high recoil that would still give an advantage when bipodded, so that they are used for suppressing and sustained fire, while also having the capabilities to kill in engagements you did not expect. Signed, sealed, delivered.Right now they are only used in one way, and that annoys everyone, first and foremost the user, and I would want it changed.

*laughs in 1200 rof ads* sounds fair and balanced alright
  • Foxassassin
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I can't, for the life of me, work out why youtubers haven't made videos complaining about Assualt weapons yet......

Three words.

Conflict of interest
  • Foxassassin

bran1986 said:

Laying in a bush out if bounds for a whole match or laying on your back in the corner of the house isn't brain dead but smart?.....

bran1986 said:

Holding a bush out of bounds isn't defending an objective, neither is laying on your back inside a building.
    You can only spend 10 seconds out of bounds. You can't sit there for a whole match. And anyone hiding on the border is going to be on killcams and won't last long.

Laying on your back in a building is defending. Defending only counts in your eyes if you're standing in the open?
    This physicially hurts. You having to explain the definition of "defense".
    Playing a game of rush earlier this week and got flamed for using an MMG on the defending team. The three that were (trying) to call me out were just sprinting around constantly.
    -
    Thankfully I had people on both sides vouch for me,but it's fustrating to see people crying so much,about every little thing,mostly when it's their faults
  • Foxassassin
    55567900 said:
    I'm against them being nerfed. Just killed a group of 5 rushers. Instead of running around like crazy, use your head.

game is not designed for you to hold a beer in one hand and slaughter the enemy team, while you sip away.

X Doubt
    -
    There's a hell of a lot more than just "sitting there". This is only adding to the "I don't play support,but I'll bash it anyway" category.
    -
    If you take up a position you need to have FAR more situational awareness than any other playstyle. You need to listen to every sound. Keep your reflexes to an absolute point the entire time. Worried about a shot from someone you can't see,while yes,the entire game is like that. Without being able to move quickly,or without fully adequate cover. It's nerve wracking.
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

bran1986 said:

Laying in a bush out if bounds for a whole match or laying on your back in the corner of the house isn't brain dead but smart?.....

bran1986 said:

Holding a bush out of bounds isn't defending an objective, neither is laying on your back inside a building.
    You can only spend 10 seconds out of bounds. You can't sit there for a whole match. And anyone hiding on the border is going to be on killcams and won't last long.

Laying on your back in a building is defending. Defending only counts in your eyes if you're standing in the open?
    Playing a game of rush earlier this week and got flamed for using an MMG on the defending team. The three that were (trying) to call me out were just sprinting around constantly.
    -
    Thankfully I had people on both sides vouch for me,but it's fustrating to see people crying so much,about every little thing,mostly when it's their faults
    if anything from below definition applies to your gameplay.... you were camping

In video gamingcamping is a controversial and much-hated tactic where a player obtains a static strategic position of advantage, like camping in a bush or something similar. This behaviour manifests in different ways depending on the type of game (online text adventure, graphical MMO, first-person shooter, etc.), but invariably involves a player waiting in one location (often one that is not easily accessible for the other players to reach) for the game (or other players of the game) to do something which they can take advantage of, often repeatedly. By camping, a player is able to learn and adapt to the limited environment he/she is playing in; noting specific points to check repetitively. By following this method with little fault, a lower number of deaths can be achieved
  • Foxassassin

bran1986 said:

bran1986 said:

-
    if anything from below definition applies to your gameplay.... you were camping

In video gamingcamping is a controversial and much-hated tactic where a player obtains a static strategic position of advantage, like camping in a bush or something similar. This behaviour manifests in different ways depending on the type of game (online text adventure, graphical MMO, first-person shooter, etc.), but invariably involves a player waiting in one location (often one that is not easily accessible for the other players to reach) for the game (or other players of the game) to do something which they can take advantage of, often repeatedly. By camping, a player is able to learn and adapt to the limited environment he/she is playing in; noting specific points to check repetitively. By following this method with little fault, a lower number of deaths can be achieved
    Mhmm. Sure. And what's the alternative? Rushing the attackers spawn? Spawn camping? "Camping" is a trained, knee-jerk reaction that's been fuel-fed by action junkies.
    -
    This game offers all types of playstyle,if you can't fight against one of them,it's your fault you can't learn.
  • Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have no issues with MMG's just the way they are, they suck to use unless under specific curcomstances. And then support is a headshot from anybody waiting to happen. Just leave things well enough alone.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12664 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 25
    MatthewSkeet said:
    [post removed due to being overly toxic]
    Let's cut out the Toxicity,  If you can't post constructively,  Without attacking others,  You will simply lose the ability to post.

Take some time away and rethink your attitude here on the Forum.

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what have I brought upon this forum... there is no discussion anymore, only mildly passive agressive posturing to agressive attacks... just delete this thread...
  • Foxassassin
    what have I brought upon this forum... there is no discussion anymore, only mildly passive agressive posturing to agressive attacks... just delete this thread...
    This is something I've often thought about. That so many people jump to absolutes and cannot perceive anything other than that absolute. There's no middle ground,no reasoning
    -
    Then comes the personal attacks and ignorance.
    -
    Like the argument of "what kind of game is this" Everyone either jumps to "realistic" or "arcade" that there can't be a intermediate option between them that takes ques from one or the other. It's always one side,or the other,and this just happens for everything.

• ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Forumfield town". 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is and always has been prone. That's why bad company 2 was soo good it didn't have prone. Prone is bad mkay.
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    They are frustrating to play with and to play against, in that case you would call it balanced. However they do only allow for one playstyle and that is very stationary, without giving the player the intel necessary to be more dynamic and mobile. That is poor.I would have just done it the same way as in every other shooter and allow them to ADS, similar to how BF3 handled them with high spread and high recoil that would still give an advantage when bipodded, so that they are used for suppressing and sustained fire, while also having the capabilities to kill in engagements you did not expect. Signed, sealed, delivered.Right now they are only used in one way, and that annoys everyone, first and foremost the user, and I would want it changed.

*laughs in 1200 rof ads* sounds fair and balanced alright

Ehm, yes of course. If we check on robenter for the stats, we will see the following: 0.7 horizontal recoil, 0.7 vertical. 6 bullets to kill at maximum range, Within 5 bullets you will have accumulated 3.5 degrees of vertical and 3.5 degrees of horizontal recoil. On top of that there will be a recoil pattern. All in a time before you can even react. This is not controllable unless you burst, and good luck bursting 1200 rpm.
    The Bren after 5 bullets will have accumulated 0.5 horizontal and 3.0 vertical recoil, in more than twice the time. The same applies to different degrees to the rest of the MMGs.
    It would only be an issue at close range, MMGs lack the Quick Aim spec though.
  • marcanthony421
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im annoyed by mmgs and the bad visibility as much as the next guy. But lets remember Westie is the guy that showed everyone how crazy easy it was to get kills with the mg-34 when the game launched. I thought it was a boring way to play but a week later all the bipod boys were prone in the middle of the road. Smh with how fluid the movement is in this game(aside from animations) it should be the meta, not sitting still in a corner. Saving grace is upclose mmgs usually dont kill me cuz that player’s reaction time is usually bad. But at mid range or above just pray for a wall to hide behind
  • ragnarok013
    2943 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Wahh, I got killed in a war by a machine gun.   
    mrtwotimes keep it constructive so we have a discussion on the topic and not a flame thread that gets locked.
  • xhiro108
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xhiro108 wrote: »
    So righteous. You know the difference between you and those whiney youtubers? Yout career is not battlefield, and that is a great thing. BF should be a game for everyone to enjoy, and it shouldn't be influenced by those who somehow are able to complain for a living on one of the most toxic platforms ever.

Yeah. Except that what they're arguing in terms of MMGs ruining gameplay is something the majority of the community agrees with. We don't need a representative sample. Unless one has their head in the sand, it's clear the community despises the mmg meta, with the exception ofcourse of those who main mmgs.

I don't think dice should do what the majority of the community wants and I don't think there's support that majority of players hate the mmg "meta". I don't main mmg, I use every class and weapon type minus shotguns and bolt actions. When I do use mmgs, I'm highly mobile and utilize the pistol alot. It's a very effective playstyle for advancing and covering objectives. I've never had a hard time taking out bipod campers with the grenade launcher, self loading rifles, or smoke and smg. I will admit that the frag launcher is woefully ineffective now, which I think was one of the better counters to mmgs. In general I think explosives are the natural counters to camping problems - however the "community" apparently got those nerfed to a level that's just odd.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3D spot will kill the MMG invisible camper meta in the egg if it was in the game ...  :D