"It's time to end the MMG bipod meta" said Westie

Comments

• Tactical_wizzzeR
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OK... switch gears, after a few rounds in Marita, and abusing MMG's myself... now I know I'll never go to heaven.

it's disgusting how map design show the worst of a gameplay mechanic so easily explitable...
  • zenn_nme
    755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OK... switch gears, after a few rounds in Marita, and abusing MMG's myself... now I know I'll never go to heaven.

it's disgusting how map design show the worst of a gameplay mechanic so easily explitable...
    It's revolting and in need for a definite change.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah bipods have killed Marita.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The really stupid supression 3d-spot thing really helps, because anything down range will have a 3d-spot, you don´t even have to see the enemy.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xhiro108 wrote: »
    xhiro108 wrote: »
    So righteous. You know the difference between you and those whiney youtubers? Yout career is not battlefield, and that is a great thing. BF should be a game for everyone to enjoy, and it shouldn't be influenced by those who somehow are able to complain for a living on one of the most toxic platforms ever.

Yeah. Except that what they're arguing in terms of MMGs ruining gameplay is something the majority of the community agrees with. We don't need a representative sample. Unless one has their head in the sand, it's clear the community despises the mmg meta, with the exception ofcourse of those who main mmgs.

I don't think dice should do what the majority of the community wants and I don't think there's support that majority of players hate the mmg "meta". I don't main mmg, I use every class and weapon type minus shotguns and bolt actions. When I do use mmgs, I'm highly mobile and utilize the pistol alot. It's a very effective playstyle for advancing and covering objectives. I've never had a hard time taking out bipod campers with the grenade launcher, self loading rifles, or smoke and smg. I will admit that the frag launcher is woefully ineffective now, which I think was one of the better counters to mmgs. In general I think explosives are the natural counters to camping problems - however the "community" apparently got those nerfed to a level that's just odd.

Nerf it all, nerf the sun, nerf vitamin d, nerf the sky , nerf trees, nerf my ceiling fan 😅
  • Major_Pungspark
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    I just left a Marita that we could have won, and I was top three on my team, because seriously, all the bipod heroes make it so freakikng annoying, and then add in some boys looking for some easy hits and it is a freaking disaster, you take down a wave and a dot that you didn´t see before it started firing with a bipoded lmg/mmg makes it all pointless. They seriously have to take care of the bipoded weapons, they are either good for run and gun, or have good bipods, it is freaking stupid to have them really good at both.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not usually one to complain about others play styles but this whole prone with MMGs is getting out of hand. I don't even see the fun of it and very few ever do really well with them and they're everywhere now.

Bad company had it right with no prone at all. Right now it's just annoying to play.
  • filthmcnasty
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

I just left a Marita that we could have won, and I was top three on my team, because seriously, all the bipod heroes make it so freakikng annoying, and then add in some boys looking for some easy hits and it is a freaking disaster, you take down a wave and a dot that you didn´t see before it started firing with a bipoded lmg/mmg makes it all pointless. They seriously have to take care of the bipoded weapons, they are either good for run and gun, or have good bipods, it is freaking stupid to have them really good at both.

Mortars could counter this but the community doesn't like hard counters apparently
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so now action- man cant kill support that use mgs? but hey its cool whit him and bandage mommy on there back in the bushes camping on marita that is asum =p 
  • MarxistDictator
    4846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Mortars could counter this but the community doesn't like hard counters apparently

Its indirect fire that's the problem. Blame DICE for making it a noob bait red dot clicking simulator, since people would just spam mortars from uncap whenever possible.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Bipods have killed the franchise.
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Bipods have killed the franchise.

Yer, that is what killed BF, bipod Support on 1 map, but go ahead ignore action man on every other map.
  • StormSaxon
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Marita? I was using a bipod mmg on that, less effective than either SLR, SAR, AR or BA rifle. Better than an SMG.

Defending.You might get some good streaks going around The left side of the map (as an ally) but the right side is sniper ally and the centre is grenade and assault spam. But you will get death streaks too.

Attacking.. assault and medics dominate at the first objectives. A medic with smoke and a 3x scope commando carbine or m28 can really do well. Especially picking off mountain snipers and prone guys. Snipers can also do well if they know what they are doing.

I’d say most of my Marita deaths are long range tank shellings, assault rambos, stealth bombers. Snipers will be a problem if you also snipe or try prone mmg for long.
  • filthmcnasty
    bran1986 said:

Its indirect fire that's the problem. Blame DICE for making it a noob bait red dot clicking simulator, since people would just spam mortars from uncap whenever possible.

Possibly, in my time with BF1 I never felt like mortars were being spammed to pure abuse. Most the time I felt we needed more people to switch from recon to support to help clear out hardpoints in cases of gridlock. BF3&4 I played hardcore and the mortar display was best in BF4. BF1 seemed to strive for a more casual, lower skill cap audience and it worked well even though I absolutely hate bullet sponges
  • StormSaxon
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry I mixed Marita and Mercury up.
  • StormSaxon
    Marita is still an assault playground. No deaths from air. On break through defending is harder than attacking.
  • ElliotLH
    7832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Marita is still an assault playground. No deaths from air. On break through defending is harder than attacking.
    Unless you were on the attacking team I was on yesterday:

Look at them being all scared of that red dot 😆

I get attacking teams getting held up on the second sector due to the bottlenecking but the first sector is simple as you usually just pile on.
  • bran1986
    5603 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    StormSaxon said:

Unless you were on the attacking team I was on yesterday:

Look at them being all scared of that red dot 😆

I get attacking teams getting held up on the second sector due to the bottlenecking but the first sector is simple as you usually just pile on.

I was playing Front lines and in that same area a squad mate was laying prone with a mg42, 15 feet to his right was an enemy laying prone with a mg42, completely oblivious to each other. Even in domination, a game mode that is for fast pace action you have people proning everywhere.
  • Major_Pungspark
    Imagine Marita with lots of mortars, every support spams their mortars when they spawn, then sets up bipods for the cooldown (As there usually is in Bf games.)....just imagine that with Bf 1 grenade spam to...lol
  • StormSaxon
    That’s sad. But... it can be seen on every map. In every BF game some times. Some teams end up filled with stat obsessed guys/assignment prioritisers or those afraid to die.

Panzerstorm can be really bad for that some times. Every German tank and BOYs gunners just ring the outer crest of their hill... they kill a few but retreat if they take damage. Meanwhile the 4-8 guys trying to take the first objective get crucified. Unless the defenders are also timid.