"It's time to end the MMG bipod meta" said Westie

Comments

  • Hawxxeye
    5220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @JamieCurnock 

    Bipods should not be in Battlefield at all. They are an awful gimmick.

    Really? A gimmick? It's not like they made up some weird game mechanic that doesn't exist in real life, it's an actual thing. Bipods are real. Why are they a gimmick?
    The need to bipod to ADS is the jimmick. There are other ways to balance heavy weapons so they retain some usability when not bipoded
  • JamieCurnock
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

    The need to bipod to ADS is the jimmick. There are other ways to balance heavy weapons so they retain some usability when not bipoded

    Yeah I would agree with that, not sure it's the bipod itself that's the issue.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @JamieCurnock 

    Bipods should not be in Battlefield at all. They are an awful gimmick.

    Really? A gimmick? It's not like they made up some weird game mechanic that doesn't exist in real life, it's an actual thing. Bipods are real. Why are they a gimmick?
    And they've been in the BF series for a decade, it's bizarre how they're suddenly an issue for some folks.
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @JamieCurnock 

    Bipods should not be in Battlefield at all. They are an awful gimmick.

    Really? A gimmick? It's not like they made up some weird game mechanic that doesn't exist in real life, it's an actual thing. Bipods are real. Why are they a gimmick?
    Because I believe bipods were one of those things that was put in Battlefield because players kept going on and on about it, particularly how it exists in real life (yawn). So they put it in the game as gimmick to keep those players happy. Which really is exactly why Westie is talking about it in the video. It's a gimmick that shouldn't be in the game because it's just too powerful. Going prone should make guns more accurate but adding a bipod is a gimmick and I think it's part of selling Battlefield. It's the exact same reason there going to be putting maps into BFV that have chokepoints. They know players want it and they like spamming there bipod LMG/MMGs. Movement should be king and using a bipod should be very, very weak to the point of being pointless which means it shouldn't be in the game in the first place. No doubt you'll ignore all that and just go "nah, I want a bipod cus I wanna bipod and if I don't get it we'll have a mass tantrum on the forums".
  • SirTerrible
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    So some youtube overlord posted some statement and we all have to jump on the bandwagon immediately?
    I don't like campers but I dislike youtubers even more. I guess I won't vote here at all.
    There are some YouTubers with valuable ideas to share, Chris at Battle(non)sense and WackyJacky come to mind, both because of how they analyze how games work in such detail.  But most of the others, meh, occasionally interesting but often just blathering away to fill time and keep people watching.  It's one thing if a YouTuber can show you how to be a better player, but if he's just yapping away about how he would design the game if he owned EA, that's not something I'm going to waste much time on.
    The Battlenonsense guy has the worst game balance ideas ever tho. He should still to technical discussions.
    edit: stick, not still. typo!
    Post edited by SirTerrible on
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    @JamieCurnock 

    Bipods should not be in Battlefield at all. They are an awful gimmick.

    Really? A gimmick? It's not like they made up some weird game mechanic that doesn't exist in real life, it's an actual thing. Bipods are real. Why are they a gimmick?
    And they've been in the BF series for a decade, it's bizarre how they're suddenly an issue for some folks.
    Yeah that's bizarre. How comes Westie is only saying something now? That was my entire point.
  • JamieCurnock
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »

    Because I believe bipods were one of those things that was put in Battlefield because players kept going on and on about it, particularly how it exists in real life (yawn). So they put it in the game as gimmick to keep those players happy. Which really is exactly why Westie is talking about it in the video. It's a gimmick that shouldn't be in the game because it's just too powerful. Going prone should make guns more accurate but adding a bipod is a gimmick and I think it's part of selling Battlefield. It's the exact same reason there going to be putting maps into BFV that have chokepoints. They know players want it and they like spamming there bipod LMG/MMGs. Movement should be king and using a bipod should be very, very weak to the point of being pointless which means it shouldn't be in the game in the first place. No doubt you'll ignore all that and just go "nah, I want a bipod cus I wanna bipod and if I don't get it we'll have a mass tantrum on the forums".

    Spicy.....

    "No doubt you'll ignore all that and just go "nah, I want a bipod cus I wanna bipod and if I don't get it we'll have a mass tantrum on the forums"."
  • JamieCurnock
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    I see your point. I disagree but that's cool. For me it's been part of the franchise for over 10 years and it's never been an issue. Not sure why bipods are suddenly such a hot topic

  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 19
    @Ferdinand_J_Foch ;

    Well, there is hypocrisy to this as well. Because we had Metro in two BFs, and Op Locker where players were prone with bipods and spamming through doorways.

    But then players - probably the same players that want bipods - don't like planes. Yet planes have been mucked about with no end. But look at how sensitive little Timmy is when I suggest removing bipods.

    But now let's look way into the future from BF3, BF4 and even BF1 to the present day with BFV and BEHOLD! more bipods and chokepoints in a Metro-style map in BFV.

    Now that's what you call a "meta"!
  • warslag
    1366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm just a bit amused that all these things some youtubers are finally complaining about are crap that you could see would be an issue before even playing the alpha lol. It took 'em 7 months to notice the MMG meta is boring and probably contributing to people not wanting to play the game? Interesting.
    .
    Better late than never I guess but :/
    Well, the nauseating irony, as some have pointed out not only in this thread but everywhere, is that if you go through a YouTuber's history you'll find a video or videos saying the diametric opposite of their latest video.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So some youtube overlord posted some statement and we all have to jump on the bandwagon immediately?
    I don't like campers but I dislike youtubers even more. I guess I won't vote here at all.
    Good Lord, he said "overlord" :D   
    But as RUSH once said "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice"
    I will choose free-will


  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 19
    warslag said:
    I'm just a bit amused that all these things some youtubers are finally complaining about are crap that you could see would be an issue before even playing the alpha lol. It took 'em 7 months to notice the MMG meta is boring and probably contributing to people not wanting to play the game? Interesting.
    .
    Better late than never I guess but :/
    Well, the nauseating irony, as some have pointed out not only in this thread but everywhere, is that if you go through a YouTuber's history you'll find a video or videos saying the diametric opposite of their latest video.
    Westie was one of the people that pushed for an increased TTK in Hardline. He was also one of the loudest people against increasing the TTK in BFV. His reasons for wanting to increase the TTK in Hardline all would apply to BFV as well but he has no consistency so.. ya. Good times.
    Same with Jack "the shill" Frags re resistance to an increase in TTK. He put out that doleful, miserable video as if it was some life or death issue and gee whaddya know, Dice change it back. 6 months on, when you can actually play without stutter, one of the biggest issues complained certainly on here is, yep, how the TTK is too short. 


  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol what do you have against youtubers?

    They are constantly lying and flip-flopping because of sweet sweet youtube money. Can't trust a single word as their "opinion" may change with time.
    Also, the whole "game changer" thing is nothing but a gigantic marketing tool serving only one purpose - to earn money for EA.
    If you are not completely out of your mind, you won't take those jokers seriously at any given time.
    I can watch a few of them, but there are some that are just too "corporate".. you can hear how they want to say something, but instead they tip-toe around it and say stuff like "I'm not saying it's OP or anything, but what do you think, put your comments below and tell me what your thoughts are" --as if they actually read them and care what I have to say. What they really need is 10 minutes to ramble and flip-flop on a topic so you can see how great they can play.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember that time Frags was shilling paid for cosmetics and boins then lo and behold they make an appearance a few weeks later. 
Sign In or Register to comment.