Strange things happening during game play

xHonest_Abe
187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 2019
Some where I am sure that this question is answered in the hundreds of threads in the forum, but I have not found it. I notice the other day a mysterious dwarf wearing a red pointed hat hiding in the grass. Once in awhile I see him looking at me when I am waiting for revive. Who is this guy? :D No, I have not been drinking a beer at the times I have seen him. It kinda reminds me of the hidden snow man a couple of winters ago, but I have seen this guy too often.

Comments

• Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You are just drunk mate.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13704 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @xHonest_Abe
    That is an easter egg,  They occasionally pop up around you,  You can shoot them but they will reappear in a different location but still in your vicinity.

Make the little dudes pay man.
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you shoot them, they follow you everywhere, it's funny
  • xHonest_Abe
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the information.....I guarantee if a player was drinking last night and started to see this pop up, they would put away the bottle for the night. :D I did shoot at them hoping for Company Coins, but the little guy started following me around.
  • CaptainHardware
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It means you destroyed the gnome on Arras both of which can be.... a lot of different places... they'll stop haunting you if you build a gnome house with the build tool.
  • xHonest_Abe
    Wow..... there is more to the story....Yes when I first spotted them it was only on one map, Arras. Are there points when the house is built? I have not seen them on other maps.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can only build the gnome house if you're prone, don't forget.
  • Kompura
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I saw one of those garden gnomes in Arras near church and shoot it. After a while it came back with red gloving eyes, LOL. Then it disappeared leaving just red smoke. Round ended so I don't know if it would haunt me for longer time.
  • xHonest_Abe
    edited July 2019
    He lives near the church in the field.....yep.....only veteran Battlefield players have seen him B) ......Best k/d or best squad does not matter, but a gnomes sighting does. It is like spotting your first UFO. :D Update: Last night on the far side of the church roof was an old type dial telephone. If you press E, you can dial it. I went back later and it disappeared. Later during the game I went to a shed and found and old type phone box with hook that had a shovel on it (it resembled an old phone) and a blinking red light. This is getting crazy  :# (only happens on the Arras map). Please explain this Moderator.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on