Why am I getting owned by all the low-ranking players

huginn123
33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Give an example of a situation where a low ranking player pwned you please
  • Raspu71nG
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    make sure aim assist settings is 100%.

• FocalCapybara34
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lot of people start new accounts to make their kdr look better
  • ragnarok013
    2905 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    huginn123 said:
    It is possible that they aren't new players but simply BF5 max rank veterans who created a second XBL account to rank up all over again. We've seen this on console with every BF game.
  • NeilSmith1986
    19 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    huginn123 said:
    Rank has nothing to do with skill. Ranking up comes with time.
    You could be a total garbage player, but if you have been playing since launch, you;ll probably be rank 50.
    If you are "getting owned" maybe its your skill that is lacking?
  • BlackWidow88x
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe you're just bad.
  • ragnarok013
    2905 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Maybe you're just bad.
    BlackWidow88x keep the unnecessary snark out of the threads.
  • BlackWidow88x
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    Maybe you're just bad.
    Not snark because my statement was pretty straightforward and did not have a hint of sarcasm. I simply stated a painfully obvious possibility to the OP's question. Now let me continue off my last remark. Upon further research, the OP has a KD ratio of 1.2. He is getting an average of 1 kill per death meaning that if he gets 20 kills in a game he will equating about the same amount of deaths. That performance is normal for average to entry-level players. Apart from his BFV record, the OP's records in BF4, BF1, and, BFH would show that they are not very experienced. Furthermore, nothing about this player's infantry stats would indicate that they are any good at killing other players. The OP has decent objective stats but their infantry play is obviously their weakness. So to answer the OP's original question "Why am I getting owned by all the low-ranking players"? It is because you are simply lacking in the gun-game aspect of the game. I would recommend playing TDM to get better at killing other players.
    Post edited by BlackWidow88x on
  • MK149
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    huginn123 wrote: »

Because dice wants new players not to get discouraged. Whaaaa. This is a reflection of catering to the weak. In the old days you had to get better and unlock stuff faster to survive now a level 7 even though he just started learning how to play the game or he has a double account will always get the best of a level 50 even if he's bipoded even if he's prone even if the other player thinks that running strafing squatting jumping like in Halo are better tactics he will have the advantage first bullet out of his gun is a headshot kill because he has auto aim all the way up. it's horseshit
  • ragnarok013
    Maybe you're just bad.
    Not snark because my statement was pretty straightforward and did not have a hint of sarcasm. I simply stated a painfully obvious possibility to the OP's question. Now let me continue off my last remark. Upon further research, the OP has a KD ration of 1.2 which is certainly below average. He is getting an average of 1 kill per death meaning that if he gets 20 kills in a game he will equating about the same amount of deaths. The OP's records in BF4, BF1, and, BFH would show that this player is not very experienced. Nothing about this player would show that he is any good at killing other players. The OP has great objective stats but their gun-game is obviously their weakness. So to answer the OP's original question "Why am I getting owned by all the low-ranking players"? It is because you are simply lacking in the gun-game aspect of the game. I would recommend playing TDM to get better at killing other players.
    BlackWidow88x providing that level of detail would have helped facilitate the discussion and help paint the picture for the OP and move it forward; simply saying he's bad comes off as an insult and is likely to derail the thread if he responded in a similar manner. 
  • l337RAGE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    OP has a point. Happens to me to but I am a [removed] infantry player. However quite a few decent players I know of including one with a infantry spm and kdr around 700/8 also seems to be having issues with low ranked players. I doubt there is any conspiracy. Probably just getting the bad end of netcode considering most of the starting weapons are bad for one frame deaths
    [edited for profanity]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • ElliotLH
    7743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well...I guess new players have to kill someone lol. They could also be experienced/good at FPS games or have played past Battlefield titles so now what to expect. I guess there are also lots of videos on YouTube for new players to show them the ropes, tactics and flanking routes.

Speaking personally I don't seem to be killed by low rank players any more than people who are rank 50. Everyone kills me though so it's hard to keep track sometimes hahaha.
  • full951
    2408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MK149 wrote: »

Because dice wants new players not to get discouraged. Whaaaa. This is a reflection of catering to the weak. In the old days you had to get better and unlock stuff faster to survive now a level 7 even though he just started learning how to play the game or he has a double account will always get the best of a level 50 even if he's bipoded even if he's prone even if the other player thinks that running strafing squatting jumping like in Halo are better tactics he will have the advantage first bullet out of his gun is a headshot kill because he has auto aim all the way up. it's horseshit

I wish I had the video saved so I could share it, but I was watching this video where devs (again I forgot which ones) were explaining the first time experience of players is critical. I forget the exact stat but it's well over 50% of players will not play again if they don't get kills in their first match. iirc it was an expose on how devs were giving extra hp and extra damage bonuses to first time players to give them a good first time experience so they keep playing. I'm gonna check my saved videos on YouTube to see if I can share it. It was an interesting watch
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

I wish I had the video saved so I could share it, but I was watching this video where devs (again I forgot which ones) were explaining the first time experience of players is critical. I forget the exact stat but it's well over 50% of players will not play again if they don't get kills in their first match. iirc it was an expose on how devs were giving extra hp and extra damage bonuses to first time players to give them a good first time experience so they keep playing. I'm gonna check my saved videos on YouTube to see if I can share it. It was an interesting watch

This is just sad.

The days of practicing til you're good are all but gone.
  • full951
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »

This is just sad.

The days of practicing til you're good are all but gone.

You are not wrong my friend. Rare are games that genuinely challenge their players. I don't know how long you've been gaming for but even gamers with a relatively short history have seen the dumbing down of their favorite franchise for mass appeal.
  • RadDude306
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there and how is it possible to hack BF on Xbox One? I guess I'm a newbie again after all these years. My old roommate and I started on Metal of Honor years ago on PC and understand how it all works on PC, but so many times I call BS on the kills I suffer on BF5. Yeah my K/D's aren't great and sometimes I get owned because my settings are turned down because I do over compensate if they're turned up. But are they hacking as much as I think they may be sometimes? And how? Network to PC?
  • ElliotLH
    7743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XB1 hasn't been 'hacked' so far.
  • Legarhead
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M/K players maybe?
  • Venomenal1
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 30
    huginn123 said:
    More than likely they are using the AT Boys rifle or just bipod camping right?
    With hearing about new players being offered extra hp and extra damage to boost their egos is wrong on so many levels.

I remember the days finding empty servers on battlefield 3 and spent hours practising with all my weapons, gadgets and vehicles. Now the developer just hands you extra health and damage output to make you stick around. Shocking.