Is it worth coming back?

DIV88_Viking
128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi fellas and fems. 

Ive been on a break from the game, as it was actually driving my mental state up to becoming crazy by all its flaws. I am however concidering turning back and giving it another chance after all these months.

My question is as statet, "is it worth coming back"? 
Whats the biggest news and ups. 

What is the cons? 
I dont have the best internett, soo I am asking before I throw 5 hours away on downloading it again. 
in adv, thank you.

Comments

• Jinko_itx
    760 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is pretty much in the same condition, Textures flicker from high to low resolution, 1 to 2 cheaters in every match, etc. maybe things will change on the next major update, wouldn't hold my breath tho...
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from this irritating stuttering that seems to have gotten worse since release. I'm happy with the game and I think someone coming back after a long period will find some decent changes. I'd wait until after the major update on Thursday though.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, not really. 
    Performance-wise it is worse compared to launch.
    Additions(map/weapon/other content) are very lack luster as well.

If I were you, I'd wait for fall(allegedly we'll get 5 maps till then) for the pacific front release and ask the same quesiton again.

• Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Which system are you on, OP? I'm on PC and I've never had this stuttering or texture flickering problem.

Edit: I thought I was in General Chat. This is the PC section, silly me.
  • TFBisquit
    1915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is the occasional flickering, on pc. It's not intrusive however.
    As for trying again, game hasn't changed for the better. Same old issues, some weapon nerfs making it harder for the newby, still poor visibility.
    If you got aggrevated playing it in the past, I wouldn't recommend you to try it again now. Many deaths feel wrong. Especially the ohk deaths. Which occur more and more.
    Don't see that change before the end of this year, if it will change at all. We probably get more ohk weapons so the debate about ttk can be laid to rest.
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, its still full of hackers the hit reg, stutter amd general game play is bad. once sadia comes on line ea will be dead.
  • XDCFluffy
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, its still full of hackers the hit reg, stutter amd general game play is bad. once sadia comes on line ea will be dead.
    lol do you mean Google Stadia?

That thing is ridiculous.  The pay model is a joke and latency makes it useless for fps ans as well various other game types.
  • Ceph777
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not worth coming back. Full of cheaters and buggy releases. I'm looking for my next game to jump to.
  • DrOconnor
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope not unless its on sale for like 15 bucks and you have the hard drive space
  • BaronVonGoon
    7015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you're out stay out. The game is not worth the headache.
  • G-Gnu
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No it´s not worth , new patch did screw up the "netcode" even more. 
    It feels like you play one game and enemies an other game with a 1-2 sec time difference.  
    Really horrible , and as usually DICE is telling us to go and ...... our self's.   
  • timebanditbfv
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    played a few rounds after the so called "patch update". i saw absolutely no difference whatsoever. same old bugs for me. games are supposed to be fun, this ain't. they could of done so much more with bf1 imo, which i'll probably go back to for a while.
  • STOPchris
    580 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, EA is too. 
  • l-SneakyBastrd-l
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think play a few games and decide for yourself, yes it can be frustrating, yes cheaters exist, yes at times it seems you empty your arsenal only to be pistol whipped lol but yeh try it for yourself.
  • SirBobdk
    4683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After last patch, absolutly not if your on PC
    It has become unplayable due to lag and stuttering and they even managed to break planes again.
    This huge mistake of a game should be put to sleep. It would be the most decent thing to do.

• Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    After last patch, absolutly not if your on PC
    It has become unplayable due to lag and stuttering and they even managed to break planes again.
    This huge mistake of a game should be put to sleep. It would be the most decent thing to do.

I've never had lag or stuttering, since day 1. Not everyone experiences that, OP, so it's worth seeing if you will or not.
  • CSO7777
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh said:
    Aside from this irritating stuttering that seems to have gotten worse since release. I'm happy with the game and I think someone coming back after a long period will find some decent changes. I'd wait until after the major update on Thursday though.
    The game is much better than it was at release. A lot of things have improved and a lot of small issues has been fixed. The game now feels like it should have been at launch.

BFV can still be frustrating and still has issues, but there are far less than in the beginning. Audio is still awful (footsteps etc), TTD is better but still not perfect, visibility is better but still not perfect, movement is better but still not perfect etc etc. It's still 'a work in progress' (but again progress has been made).

The weapon balancing has changed a little, but the game still feels more or less the same. The 'meta' is not changed much.

To be fair, the number of non-frustrating games has increased, but the game can still make you wanna rage-quit sometimes.
  • BosundaveE6
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have stuck with this game from the beginning, paying full price and then its cut in half in days.  I keep hoping things will get better, but to me its even worse.  one comment was that the game has one or two hackers in a game, I thought was being very generous.  it seems like three quarters of the players are cheating one way or another, I give the noobs a lot of leeway, but you can tell who they are with no problem, especially the tank drivers.  I just finished another session of playing, I got shot through houses, boulders, concrete walls and some of the most of the effective and possibly the best in the world, even with zigging and zagging on the run, the snipers got me everytime.  prone wasn't even safe. my squad and I quit after one hour, red team with no red bulbs over their heads just got to be too much.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2019
    Depends why you left. AFAIK the game still has stability ("random"crashes on Dx11 and DX12) and performance issues (stutter, FPS drops etc). Not sure about bugs, they inherited so many bugs from previos BF games, that I don't even notice many of them...The game is still fairly bare bones content wise. The UI feels like a placeholder. Soldier and vehicle customisation is still half finished with some hilarious infantry skin bugs which make you look like a Predator (potentially fixed now?). Also apparenrtly all drivers and pilots in WW2 were women.

Directional audio is still bad, you are often unable to identity footsteps around yourself even if you are not firing your gun and you cannot hear vehicles with massive engines close by either. If you like majority of the maps which BFV launched with you might be fine, but if you are like me and dislike most of them as you don't consider them good Battlefield style maps then you are out of luck. I haven't played the game at all for over a month now and I don't see myself coming back any time soon to play it on regular basis. If you itching for some WW2 experience I suggest considering Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose. Both titles are closer to Squad experience or at least Red Orchestra games and far more immersive. Even Rising Storm Vietnam is a good bet.
  • SirBobdk
    4683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I suggest considering Post Scriptum and Hell Let Loose. 
    Are they worth playing. 
    Red Orchestra (1+2+pacific) was one of my favorite games of all time
    I'm tired of BFV and no longer believe in the project. Looking for a new game.

This discussion has been closed.