Stationary weapon spotting was a bug all along! | Major Disconnect from the community.

Hawxxeye
5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 25
Pay attention to that sentence from the patch notes:
Fixed a bug that allowed players to spot enemies with stationary weapons.
I and probably others have been aware that stationaries could Q spot since at least the beta. It has now been like 8 months since the "beta testing" and all this time it was assumed that spotting with stationaries was a normal thing since it had been mentioned in the forums several times and nobody showed any concern.
Why is it that only  now like 8 months later does DICE finally  notice that it is possible to Q spot with stationaries?
This only reinforces my impression that they are not aware of several ongoing issues in this game that are several months old like the bomber partial reload bug, the misaligned Q 3d marker for planes and the spotting camera bug that does not show most spotted infantry to the pilot.
DICE, Dice, dice..... Can you please come out of whatever isolation chamber you have locked yourselves into and start looking  into more of the feedback that we are trying to give you in these forums? These forums have some fine mods who are keeping the place nice and tidy so you do not have to worry that some big mean Battle Troll of Mordor will say nasty things to you and get away with it. So please do not be shy and come listen to what are the ongoing issues in the game, the ones other than those few that cause there to be multiple 10 page threads.
Please DICE... help us to help you find the bugs. I have  reported the spotting camera bug since  months ago and it is still in the game without being even acknowledged

Post edited by Hawxxeye on

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how many features are actually bugs and are not intended?
  • Hawxxeye
    5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines killing people seems to be one feature that was a bug
  • herodes87
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Maybe attriction?
  • Hawxxeye
    herodes87 said:

Maybe attriction?
    I bet my money in attrition being a last moment gimmick they decided to put before the reveal without giving it much thought
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would say dice were well aware of this bug and the reason it took so long to finaly sort out is due to there being many other bugs that took priority. If its not a game breaking bug then its priority to fix will be low.If anything it shows just how many bugs dice have been trying to fix if its took so long to get this low priority bug fixed.

Some may see it as being slow and lazy,some might say thats just how bug squashing works,take your pick.
  • MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    I would say dice were well aware of this bug and the reason it took so long to finaly sort out is due to there being many other bugs that took priority. If its not a game breaking bug then its priority to fix will be low.If anything it shows just how many bugs dice have been trying to fix if its took so long to get this low priority bug fixed.

Some may see it as being slow and lazy,some might say thats just how bug squashing works,take your pick.

The funny part is their boin fiasco yesterday was hotfixed in under an hour. Anything to protect their profits
  • TamKingski
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

The funny part is their boin fiasco yesterday was hotfixed in under an hour. Anything to protect their profits
    As i said its all about priority. Maybe an unintended bug that is hurting cashflow isnt priority for you as a gamer but it sure is for any buisness thats in the game of making money.
     You really cant compare that to a bug that allows a player to spot enemies in-game.
  • Hawxxeye
    MrCamp121 said:

As i said its all about priority. Maybe an unintended bug that is hurting cashflow isnt priority for you as a gamer but it sure is for any buisness thats in the game of making money.
     You really cant compare that to a bug that allows a player to spot enemies in-game.
    There are bigger bugs that are in the game almost as long.
    One would think that disappointed customers would reduce the pool of players who would contribute to the said cashflow
  • okiie_918
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Propeller bug since launch. But they got those firestorms servers going. What a freaking joke!
  • TamKingski
    edited June 26
    Ok yall answer me this-you own an online buisness,an unintended bug is allowing customers to obtain paid content for free,do you
    A) pull out all stops and fix the mistake asap to avoid losing money?  

B ) do you tell your bug fixing team to ignore it and instead to focus all effort on fixing a bug that turned the web-page txt colour from black to red on the webpage because it disapoints customers all the while your losing
    Cash?

• okiie_918
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tbh I could never get it to work. Must of been PC only?
  • wiazabi
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

But fixing bugs that allow their players to actually enjoy the game is somehow not hurting their business enough.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 26
    Ok yall answer me this-you own an online buisness,an unintended bug is allowing customers to obtain paid content for free,do you

B ) do you tell your bug fixing team to ignore it and instead to focus all effort on fixing a bug that turned the web-page txt colour from black to red on the webpage because it disapoints customers all the while your losing
    Cash?

Many of us have paid quite enough already. like 90 to 100 euros in my case (deluxe + 1month of origin premier+ some BFC to get 3 elites)
    In Greece when you have spent enough in a restaurant it is customary to be treated to a free desert or spirit  for everyone on the table. Something to sweeten both the bill and increase satisfaction with the establishment
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • BaronVonGoon
    6736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    8 months lol. I'm surprised they didn't just leave it as is and pretend it's a feature in order to save face.

• MrCamp121
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Cash?

I paid $90 for this game. Im sure thats quite enough for them to keep lining their pockets and not fixing whats been broken since october lol
  • MrCamp121
    8 months lol. I'm surprised they didn't just leave it as is and pretend it's a feature in order to save face.

Thought i recognized you the other day..you play on pc?
  • Elephante33
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Cash?

I paid $90 for this game. Im sure thats quite enough for them to keep lining their pockets and not fixing whats been broken since october lol
    ah good im not alone xD
  • BaronVonGoon
    6736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »

Thought i recognized you the other day..you play on pc?

Yes I'm on PC.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Dice can't save its face at this point at all. They need a miracle of some sort.
  • Hawxxeye

Dice can't save its face at this point at all. They need a miracle of some sort.
    They can solve over half the problems by getting into talking terms with their players