TDM has been turned into CoD

KPNuts74
497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know at lot of BF fans class TDM as CoD already but just played Aerodrome (after update) and it is now just the main hanger. Always shot at when spawning in, everyone together, it’s just a twitch fest now - why have you done this DICE??

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They reduced the play areas for a lot of TDM maps to, I think, increase the action a bit. It's in the patch notes if you wanted to check.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    No offense, but who plays tdm in bf? Bf is about bigger game modes or smaller ones with tactics. Tdm is in the game to try and ease noobs and cod players into the bf meta.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It needed fixing. The maps were far too big. You shouldn't have to be looking for gun fights in TDM.
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    danosta wrote: »
    No offense, but who plays tdm in bf? Bf is about bigger game modes or smaller ones with tactics. Tdm is in the game to try and ease noobs and cod players into the bf meta.

You would be surprised, there is a whole sub-community of regular BF TDM players. I have a Platoon of players who play daily.
  • KPNuts74
    It needed fixing. The maps were far too big. You shouldn't have to be looking for gun fights in TDM.

Never found it a problem myself and is certainly at the other extreme now.
  • KPNuts74
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    They reduced the play areas for a lot of TDM maps to, I think, increase the action a bit. It's in the patch notes if you wanted to check.

I saw but to clarify, my question was a rhetorical one.
  • VincentNZ
    2578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    danosta wrote: »

You would be surprised, there is a whole sub-community of regular BF TDM players. I have a Platoon of players who play daily.

ESL, in BF3/4 was mostly TDM and Domination, 5vs5, 4vs4, so a very bastardized battlefield experience. So it had a certain following indeed.
  • ElliotLH
    7742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I saw but to clarify, my question was a rhetorical one.

Fair enough.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unfortunately, there's an infactuation by these Devs for this meatgrinder COD like play. I don't know why, but i do know, with as long as it takes to respawn, as compared to COD, and the fast ttk, they're killing the game themselves. 
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't play TDM alot but I always thought Aerodrome and Devestation were too big, Narvik's Southern part was unnecessary and spawns there were annoying. None of them felt like classic Tdm.

Looking forward to trying them now.
  • KPNuts74
    I don't play TDM alot but I always thought Aerodrome and Devestation were too big, Narvik's Southern part was unnecessary and spawns there were annoying. None of them felt like classic Tdm.

See what you think, but they have gone from one extreme to the other.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KPNuts74 said:

See what you think, but they have gone from one extreme to the other.
    Right, what's going on, is that they purposely do not want folks to have an escape from the maelstrous like play. Those of us who played BF in the past, are used to huge maps where it's gonna take you awhile to see action. You can drive there, fly there, or huff it. There was a huge difference from that of COD insta action like play. Even on Conquest now, there is just no escape from putting all those players in a sardine can.

It's all insta action, and so some folks went to TDM or Domination on this particular game, to get away from that type of play DICE has forced upon us.

I don't know if its to appease the COD crowd, or younger folks with A D D affliction, but it is perfectly apparent, the game at least for me, and many others given their numbers, is just unplayable or not fun to play. So, they may have goot a handfull of the COD folks, but, the BF folks gave up apparently.

So, given EA execs are now taking bonus cuts, it may be time for they to look into getting this game away from DICE, and to someone who knows more of what they're doing. These are just my opinions, but whomever is giving them advice of where to go on this game...simply blew it.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why are you people still moaning about the game just quit.
  • KPNuts74
    55567900 wrote: »
    why are you people still moaning about the game just quit.
    TDM was great until they did this.....
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would only play TDM in BF4/1 to get some practice in a small infantry-only environment ... that, or some assignment required TDM play time.

I'll give it a try ... TDM was done very oddly in BFV, so these changes might not be too bad once I try them. Then again, I'm hearing from some people that framerate issues have gotten worse, which is just ... typical at this point.
  • rocket13
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We ONLY play TDM on battlefield V and this update has ruined the game for us ... before you reduced the map sizes you could have your choice of whether to play close quarters or snipe from a distance utilising any of the 4 classes you enjoy using ... ruined what was a great game with your own play choices...forcing you into basically free for all with a cycle of “spawn kill die repeat” on a map too small for the number of players .
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    Edit: I don't know what I was thinking the maps are actually worse.

The maps are alot better. All of the changes are good. Snipers aren't there to ruin the fun for those of us who like to enjoy a nice frantic rounds of infantry action.

Well done Dice. Not a great accomplishment but one small step in the right direction.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • KPNuts74
    rocket13 wrote: »
    We ONLY play TDM on battlefield V and this update has ruined the game for us ... before you reduced the map sizes you could have your choice of whether to play close quarters or snipe from a distance utilising any of the 4 classes you enjoy using ... ruined what was a great game with your own play choices...forcing you into basically free for all with a cycle of “spawn kill die repeat” on a map too small for the number of players .

Yep, shot at on spawn (whether squad or standard), everyone with 10+ deaths. Completely ruined those maps.
  • TFBisquit
    1325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok gave it a go, usually don't play much tdm but like the mode nonetheless.
    Imo it's too hectic, you can barely move without being shot at, netcode showing its uglyness more frequent,
    in short, if I ever had the incentive to play a couple of tdm rounds, this turned me away from that idea.
    So imo a downgrade in playstyle.
    Patapaff dead, patapaff kill, I was tired of it in 5 minutes.
    But that's just me.
  • ChillierParrot5
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've played many hours of TDM, some of the maps felt a little too big with spawn points set right back meaning it took too long to get back into the action.

The changes seem to have taken it to the other extreme, now too concentrated where there is little space/time to utilise all class types effectively and feels a little like COD - quick reacting, instant action, spray and pray etc.

I'm sure with all the data collated a heatmap could be produced on the areas least used and perhaps a simple algorithm put together based on the activity and action to identify parts of the maps that could be trimmed down or have spawn points altered. This would improve the overall experience in TDM, staying true to it's original feel rather than totally change it.