Has anybody got any faith left in the developers of DICE at this point?

2»

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder can something be done to this game in order to make Dice redeem itself at this point? Probably not.
  • JAVA_NL
    23 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If not we are still hireing software developers 😇
  • JAVA_NL
    23 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never had a lot of faith in Dice Sweden for many years. They are good designers, good artists but I don't think they are good developers and always seem to need someone else to come in and fix their games.
    It is not the job of a developer to do so. It is the software architect in conjunction with project lead or lead developer 😊
  • ackers75
    2331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    55567900 wrote: »
    X_Sunslayer_X said:
    well at least i am sure that BF2020 will be the breaking point of DICE and BF as a whole.if they continue this trend that has been creeping in since BF4 basically of releasing clearly unfinished products (BF1 was a lot more stable but balance-wise needed a lot more work and it took BF1 as well the better part of a year to get that in the right direction) i dont see the franchise ever being as popular again or considered a studio staple since i reckon EA will hit DICE with a closure hammer like so many more talented studios in the past....
    but hey at least we dont get insulted anymore by which is nice.....MAybe BFV will be finished before BF2020 rolls out though i have no real hope at this point and the only thing keeping me in the game are a few friends i squad up with every once in a while.....

as soon as bf2020 comes out bfv will loose all support

Yep because an idiot is easily parted with their money!
    Anyone who buys the next battlefield title deserves everything they get.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Swede-DICE is good at laying the ground work and ideas, however it seems DICE LA / Criteron are the guys that actually have an idea of game balance and sense. An idea. Not the end all be-all. I'm still salty about the SRAW nerfs from BF4.

DICE should probably make their next battlefield as a pure company wide collaboration of talent instead of just finishing half of the game at one company and then throwing it at the other to see what sticks.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Trust disappeared a long time ago. I get ticks every time a patch is announced knowing it will break something.

No you didn't say "ticks". ROFL

You made my day SirBobdk.

That was funny now.
  • AzafTazarden
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Losing faith rapidly. DICE / EA's QA appears to be non existent. Pretty damn poor that so many easily spotted issues get through. Do they actually play-test the game? If they want to employ me as a playtester I'm available for £50k per year and if they throw in 50k Battlefield Currency I'm 100% theirs. 

On a side note - thanks for knifing me last night VOLBANKER, I only stuck around because I saw you on then I realised Fjell CQ is dreadful so had to go. I actually kind of enjoyed being knifed by someone I kind or know - reminds me of BF clan days :smiley:
    I'm Brazilian, so $20k a year is actually a small fortune here. That's about 4% richest in the country.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped having faith in DICE after the first patch. 
    Now days is more about what to expect they ruined after a patch and how severe it is.
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Their greatest flaw is that they do not lower themselves into discussing about the game with us.
    AS a result they remain oblivious to several of the game's problems unless they get social media bombed about an issue
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    One thing that would help is if DICE stopped doing these "Big Bang"-updates once or twice a month and made things this way instead:

- Keep each update small and focused, i.e. the Firestorm changes of this update should be 1 separate update, then the Medic create / Ammo crate changes should be another separate update at a later time and so on

- Test each small and focused update intensely

- Add it to the game

and finally:

- Make sure the changes in each small and focused update are working properly before introducing more updates

It is much, much easier to handle changes this way as a developer.
    100% agree small hotfixes that work and are focused and tested correctly. Obviously the big bang approach isn't working as most patches break more than they fix. Surely the main benefit of the live content model should be the ability to push fixes dynamically and issues such as the plane noise bug and killcam epileptic bug should be eliminated within days not months. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    VOLBANKER said:
    On a side note - thanks for knifing me last night VOLBANKER, I only stuck around because I saw you on then I realised Fjell CQ is dreadful so had to go. I actually kind of enjoyed being knifed by someone I kind or know - reminds me of BF clan days :smiley:
    Haha  :) TBH I didn't even notice I melee'd you and btw. knives ain't my thing - I'm a shovel-guy  B)

Yes, it's much more fun when people you "know" are online. I've seen a few of the guys from this forum.
    Will send a friend request !
    I tried to join you on Conquest Devastation but the game was full...
  • VOLBANKER
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't have lag and stuttering earlier, but after today's update I do.

This game is becoming a joke sadly.

How on Earth can they mess things up so badly?
  • Legarhead
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    Oh well Dice..4d4.jpg
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    Oh well Dice..4d4.jpg
    The  "you at least tried" price is for those who actually make a genuine effort instead of replicating mistakes on the past and adding even more new mistakes
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited June 26
    VOLBANKER said:
    I didn't have lag and stuttering earlier, but after today's update I do.

This game is becoming a joke sadly.

How on Earth can they mess things up so badly?
    Damn that's rubbish, I get your frustration. I don't get it at all as I've had terrible stuttering since May's patch and this patch has smoothed things out a bit - it's still not great but at least I can move relatively smoothly now and the pausing (CPU spikes) is less frequent

If you're on Win 10, are you able to go back to Win 10 1607 or earlier? Drastic I know

See here, it could be of interest... https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/c541xd/update_day_megathread_defying_the_odds_update_1/erzynmh?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x