Why???

GodisGoon
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why patch things that don’t need to be changed.

Like AP mines have been about same since start of the game why change them now?

Comments

• The_BERG_366
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GodisGoon said:

because people complained about them all the time and that for a good reason. the spam got out of hand in some matches. no need for gadgets that are only there to farm cheap kills. 
  • Professor_Mayhem
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GodisGoon said:

because people complained about them all the time and that for a good reason. the spam got out of hand in some matches. no need for gadgets that are only there to farm cheap kills. 
    You mean like the Boys AT Rifle? Oh wait, it's not a gadget, it's a primary weapon. So that's totally cool. :s
  • WetFishDB
    1982 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GodisGoon said:

You mean like the Boys AT Rifle? Oh wait, it's not a gadget, it's a primary weapon. So that's totally cool. :s
    I don’t think Berg made any comment on the cheapness of the Boys AT Rifle.  I suspect mine is the same as yours, having something with a OHK over that engagement distance, with visibility as it is, in an already campy, prone, scoped meta - I have no idea what they were thinking.
  • Professor_Mayhem
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    GodisGoon said:

I don’t think Berg made any comment on the cheapness of the Boys AT Rifle.  I suspect mine is the same as yours, having something with a OHK over that engagement distance, with visibility as it is, in an already campy, prone, scoped meta - I have no idea what they were thinking.
    You're right, my bad. I was mostly responding to the sentence "no need for gadgets that are only there to farm cheap kills." IMO, that's pretty much the only reason for the Boys AT rifle's existence in the game. I'll just say this for AP mines: they penalized run-and-gun play styles, and I suspect the content creators on YT, with their focus on producing kill montages (looking at you, TBM), are elated that AP mines have been nerfed.