Server Browser

El-Sid-James
128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I just need to know one thing. Does this game have a server browser to allow us to choose where and who we play with. Yes or No?

Comments

• Couch_Ornament
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a must. Please do not make it the joke that Battlefront is!!! Clan support, Punkbuster, Server Browsers, Classes all need to be part of this game.
  • GEFREITER95
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    > @Couch_Ornament said:
    > This is a must. Please do not make it the joke that Battlefront is!!! Clan support, Punkbuster, Server Browsers, Classes all need to be part of this game.

And offline bots ;) for people who are not fans of MP
    Post edited by GEFREITER95 on
  • K1OVERDOSE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield
    edited May 2016
    Been killing Clans for ages! There's no way their moving away from server style multiplayer. That's what always set us apart from the controller jockies!
  • iDk_UncleMcNuts
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    it would be best if they had both, one a server browser, two matchmaking. this would satiate both clan/public social gaming and serious play.
  • Deon-BDG
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield
    > @FuZion-McNuts said:
    > it would be best if they had both, one a server browser, two matchmaking. this would satiate both clan/public social gaming and serious play.

Agree, server browser is a must. Cant also live without something that prevents my squad buddies from side switching by server.
  • Carbonic
    1164 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Optional server plugins like votekick and votemap with actual graphical location/graphics ie. not located in the chat would also be nice.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I purchased the deluxe edition yesterday, If they try and pull the same as with Battlefront and use some console match making system on the PC, I'm refunding the game. As much as it would pain me.... I will get a refund.
  • rock1m1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If No for Server browser and dedicated servers, I am out.
  • CrazyMoeFoe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield
    If it doesn't have community run dedicated servers with a full featured server browser then there's no point in even trying to play the game... Consolized matchmaking is utter garbage that renders games an unplayable mess of waiting for players before being thrown into the laggiest matches you'll ever experience.

I'd personally prefer it to be an in-game server browser, none of this clunky and unintuitive battlelog crap.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really wish one of the Dev's or a Mod could answer weather or not there will be a server Browser or not. This is extemely important to a lot of PC players. :)
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's quite an easy question for them to answer. Either the game follows the Battlefield 3 and 4 style server browsers or it goes Star Wars Battlefront route of console matchmaking. If it goes the SWB route then I will not be buying anything. On the other hand if it has the server browser capability similar to BF3 and 4 I will buy it and all the DLC. So what is the answer Dice/EA, server browser or no server browser? Sale or no sale?
  • RandomWon
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A conventional browser for serves is a must. Why fix it if it isn't broken.

And unless I am an idiot and some may agree, I see no way of having the search automatically set to sort by ping in BF4s server browser. Do I really have to click on the ping field in the search heading? I don't know about others, but I play only on low ping servers, so this is fairly important. Auto sort by ping was available in BF3 by the way... Was this a case of fixing things that don't need fixing?
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    To me this game looks like a reskin of Battlefront so I wouldn't bet on a server browser.
  • El-Sid-James
    I wouldn't mind the reskin. In fact SWBF actually looked really good. But the server browser is a different matter entirely. Does make you think though, that if this game goes the SWBF route then Battlefield for the PC is kinda dead. And indicates EA/Dice are focusing on the console market.
  • seriousHUSTLE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We really need a dev to confirm this. Please for the love of god have a server browser!
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    I really wish one of the Dev's or a Mod could answer weather or not there will be a server Browser or not. This is extemely important to a lot of PC players. :)

Nothing yet has been officially announced. Keep an eye out on the official channels as well as these forums for any new intel regarding Battlefield 1.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    > @Cryphisss said:
    > Lupus-Magnus666 wrote: »
    >
    > I really wish one of the Dev's or a Mod could answer weather or not there will be a server Browser or not. This is extemely important to a lot of PC players. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing yet has been officially announced. Keep an eye out on the official channels as well as these forums for any new intel regarding Battlefield 1.
    Ok, will do. Thank you for the response. B)
  • rock1m1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    A big reason why Battlefront is dead (apart from barebones gameplay) was the lack of server browser. The matchmaking performed the worst - people got frustrated and left one by one.
  • Axlerod1
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Exactly right rock. If there is no server browser, ie no dedicated admin ran servers, I will not get this game. I usually preorder every BF game title and after SWBF I will wait.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    > @Axlerod1 said:
    > Exactly right rock. If there is no server browser, ie no dedicated admin ran servers, I will not get this game. I usually preorder every BF game title and after SWBF I will wait.

Same. This is the reason why I haven't purchased a CoD game since WAW.