So BFV is even more broken?

ProAssassin2003
3315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Judging by forums and You Tubers I'm guessing the update was a disaster. Is it worth downloading?

Comments

• DigitalHype
    768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, #1 is severe enough to warrant an immediate patch or a rollback. Its far more prevalent and severe than the last time they screwed up one of the uniform customizations.
  • VOLBANKER
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I get stuttering and lag after today's update, haven't had that problem before even though I read others have.
  • Legarhead
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    How is it on xbox ?
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 26
    Things are normally a bit rough on update day, but honestly this is the worst BFV has been so far since launch on PS4. It's bad.

On the plus side though today I got the BF4 Premium pass for £3.99
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    PS4 here.
    Hit detection of tank v tank is off the charts worse than ever.
    Maybe someone can explain...is the hit doing damage and just not showing up on my end? Or are the hits not doing damage?
  • Hawxxeye
    5351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Patch 8.2 just came for WoWarcraft so I might as well check it out while the dust settles in BFV
  • Demostrakon
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, it's not good.  The update took 50 minutes to install, and then it crashed to desktop after 20 minutes of gameplay.  Oh, and they've pulled Firestorm down due to a matchmaking bug.

When the game is firing on all cylinders, I love it.  Unfortunately, it's rarely firing on all cylinders.   :(
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    Yeah, it's not good.  The update took 50 minutes to install, and then it crashed to desktop after 20 minutes of gameplay.  Oh, and they've pulled Firestorm down due to a matchmaking bug.

When the game is firing on all cylinders, I love it.  Unfortunately, it's rarely firing on all cylinders.   :(
    I think it’s run out of oil and had an engine seize

• GenCuster
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    I'm halfway through the update and Origin doesn't want to restart

• stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hit detection as a whole is borked. Watching rounds hit the enemy.. blood flying off their bodies.. no hit registered.. 

• DOX_aus
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe its anecdotal, but ive BSOD 3 times in a plane on mercury flying somewhere over E and D flags since its release and never on any of the other base maps, maybe dice should check that first for causes of Al-sudan crashes on conquest large. 

• Blackidus
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    I can´t simply put my head around of how they work at Dice.
    I work as a developer myself, and I dont get how new and even old bugs return all the time.

These reaccuring bugs just makes me feel like the devs dont test things, and they work fixes on different builds and old builds of the game where old code is lingering.
    Do they even get the time they need to test things before release with this live service model?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    GenCuster said:
    I'm halfway through the update and Origin doesn't want to restart
    Kick Start??