So BFV is even more broken?

Comments

• zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This patch... *sigh*

• Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone has a delay sometimes when you ADS?
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ✅ Made a good mishap for once.. Then within minutes turned that into a terrible decision as usual.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    edited June 26
    Sometimes my gun won't even fire at all because of terrible netcode from the client - server.
    But to answer your question: Yes i have. But that has happend to me before this update as well.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm having a weird slowdown when crouched unless they added that.

• bigiain
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another minor one, but I was getting a strange lighting effect when using the spotting scope last night, the screen was very bright a couple of times when I came out of it.
  • g0merpile
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Worst update in history, had no issue now cant even play. fps went from 160 to 200 now. 20 to 60.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    From the official BF forums.. I mean Reddit.

• DXR Firestorm Crash – Players who are running DX12 & DXR and who attempt to play Firestorm after playing normal Multiplayer will crash. The workaround here is to either switch off DX12 or go straight into Firestorm after booting the game.

• “Cairo” Reference in Menus – There is a setting which allows you to change your Squad colors in Firestorm. This setting has the word "Cairo" as part of the name. This is an old code-name and has no impact on the game.

• Axis Male Soldier Face Paint - We're aware of an issue where Axis male soldier face paints aren't visible/selectable. We're working on this and will update with an ETA as soon as possible.

• Firestorm Matchmaking Disabled - We're seeing too many failed Matchmaking attempts for this mode and so we're disabling all Matchmaking Options. We believe that we've developed a successful hotfix for this and are looking to deploy that tomorrow so that we can renable the mode.

• Incorrect Dogtag Art - Dogtags for some of the new weapons which will be given as Chapter rewards have the wrong 3D and 2D assets. We're working with the teams to address and correct this.

• End of Round Company Coins – Rank 50 players are presently no longer receive Company Coins for the End of Round. This is completely unintended. We believe that we have a backend fix and intend to deploy it tomorrow, if not sooner.

• amkingchar
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly at the beginning we said the game had a slow start ! many unbalance thing and a lot of issues but to be honest it would be a waste of GB and time  to download this game. Update by update more problems show up less fixes.

Since the beginning we faced a lot of issues and  we argued a lot about cheaters yet here we are more cheaters show up every day and Dice/EA don't even do anything about it. Lesson taken never trust EA. As a result we will wait  a long time since the game will be fixed or at least feel finished.

• Viper-SVN
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Assignments not visible while playing MP. You must switch to daily and back to see them.
  • SirZeusor11
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    I can´t simply put my head around of how they work at Dice.
    I work as a developer myself, and I dont get how new and even old bugs return all the time.

These reaccuring bugs just makes me feel like the devs dont test things, and they work fixes on different builds and old builds of the game where old code is lingering.
    Do they even get the time they need to test things before release with this live service model?
    In my field, this is a classic symptom of lazy workers.

Lazy Engineers (my field) copy and paste everything from the previous revision to the new revision.
    While this is usually successful, they don't bother to correct the test procedure, or work instructions for the actual production of the product.
    Quality control is supposed to catch the errors from the test procedure to validate that it does indeed work as the procedure and test result states.
    This (at least in my field) is where the process breaks.
    Most of the time, Quality Control "Assumes this as a mistake" and skips this step in the procedure, and the test passes.

It's to much of a bother to bring that fault, or error up to the engineer who revised the "project/product", or schedule a meeting over what they consider " an easy fix". 
    That gets someone in trouble with Management, people loose their jobs over things like this due to the cost of yet another revision.
    It then goes overlooked, it's implemented, and created, released, and you have a recall.

I have worked on a LOT (not coding, or computers, but mechanical machinery) of engineering projects over the last 25 years, and this is classic lazy.

• Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Legarhead said:
    How is it on xbox ?
    I noticed half invisible enemies running about. Seems you can see their helmets/hats and weapons but the rest is invisible.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    I can't believe Dice has finally cured me of my BF obsession.  I literally have zero desire to play it now.
    We All Know this feeling.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After being revived I couldn't look down site or through the scope for my model 8 after a revive.  I had to switch to pistol then flare gun then back to model 8 before it worked again.  It was like it was stuck turning the rifle at a weird angle like a MMG hip firing.  This for XBOX1 conquest.  It maybe was a one time thing but was odd.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    I can´t simply put my head around of how they work at Dice.
    I work as a developer myself, and I dont get how new and even old bugs return all the time.

These reaccuring bugs just makes me feel like the devs dont test things, and they work fixes on different builds and old builds of the game where old code is lingering.
    Do they even get the time they need to test things before release with this live service model?

In my field, this is a classic symptom of lazy workers.

Lazy Engineers (my field) copy and paste everything from the previous revision to the new revision.
    While this is usually successful, they don't bother to correct the test procedure, or work instructions for the actual production of the product.
    Quality control is supposed to catch the errors from the test procedure to validate that it does indeed work as the procedure and test result states.
    This (at least in my field) is where the process breaks.
    Most of the time, Quality Control "Assumes this as a mistake" and skips this step in the procedure, and the test passes.

It's to much of a bother to bring that fault, or error up to the engineer who revised the "project/product", or schedule a meeting over what they consider " an easy fix". 
    That gets someone in trouble with Management, people loose their jobs over things like this due to the cost of yet another revision.
    It then goes overlooked, it's implemented, and created, released, and you have a recall.

I have worked on a LOT (not coding, or computers, but mechanical machinery) of engineering projects over the last 25 years, and this is classic lazy.

I would suspect, after the things the leadership said at launch, that they wouldn't hold a lazy or incompetent employee accountable. It would hurt their feelings.

Just a guess...
  • KrullBorg
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes... it's worst than before the patch... yes it worked better the alpha
  • VOLBANKER
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The "Could not fetch your report"-bug is of course still there.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Surprisingly, I haven't really had any issues. No stuttering, CC works just fine. I took a couple of months break from the game, surprisingly few things has changed. Still feels pretty much the same game. Nice to see tap firing is now the better option than spray and pray. Planes and tanks feel still god awful.