One thing Firestorm DEFINITELY didn't need was another MMG - Please rethink having the MG42 and VGO

TheFieryHotSauce
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
No one likes dying to an MG42 camper with 1 kill that has been hiding in a bush for 15 minutes. The gun rewards campers and in Firestorm there is a **** tonne of foliage for players to hide in - in Solos it is especially game ruining. 

Why another MMG had to make its way in when there are countless rifles, snipers, and SMGs to play around with I don't understand? 

Comments

• AP0LLY0N11
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely didn’t need another mmg. Would have loved to see either the RSC or the Model 8. And the commando carbine? Who’s going to be using a bolt action that does like 30 damage?
  • Ceph_v74
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Come on its the new BF way, campy noobs in bushes is the new meta in FS.
  • tempo_rarity
    983 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't you know?
    EVERY bush has a 'camper' in it  -  you must've missed the memo . 
    I'd suggest a visit to A.C.M.E Stopwatch Repair too - they were there for TWENTY-ONE minutes . . .

or

They be like me as they run from cover to cover , always taking the time to encompass surroundings before moving on to another spot .
    . . but if in the meantime someone runs by me , I'M the 'camper' . . . but then again . . . only if I kill them . 
    :lol:  :lol:   
  • ragnarok013
    2540 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    No one likes dying to an MG42 camper with 1 kill that has been hiding in a bush for 15 minutes. The gun rewards campers and in Firestorm there is a **** tonne of foliage for players to hide in - in Solos it is especially game ruining. 

Why another MMG had to make its way in when there are countless rifles, snipers, and SMGs to play around with I don't understand? 
    TheFieryHotSauce  profanity is not allowed here on the forums so please refrain from using it in your posts.
  • firechickenfan
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you are ok with adding more guns from other classes, just not those huh? While I agree that mmgs RIP people to shreds, it sounds like your arguing based on YOUR PREFERENCE. What about those that prefer support class? Why should they not get new weapons as well?
  • Dalmater1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    The Commando carbine makes not enough damage imo. The other bolt actions got a buff and in the right hands they are super deadly but the commando carbine meh.
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you are ok with adding more guns from other classes, just not those huh? While I agree that mmgs RIP people to shreds, it sounds like your arguing based on YOUR PREFERENCE. What about those that prefer support class? Why should they not get new weapons as well?
    Then they can use them in Conquest? The support class has more weapons than JUST the MMG, have you even played Firestorm? Both the Bren Gun and FG-42 are in. 
  • TheFieryHotSauce

TheFieryHotSauce  profanity is not allowed here on the forums so please refrain from using it in your posts.
    Then why not just have a forum setting to automatically censor swearing? Save yourself some time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • firechickenfan
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    firechickenfan said:

Then they can use them in Conquest? The support class has more weapons than JUST the MMG, have you even played Firestorm? Both the Bren Gun and FG-42 are in. 

Yup. Play it every day. Yup. I know that those guns are there. Nope. I dont use either one on a regular basis. But just because I don't use them, doesn't mean that I should be able to dictate that others can or can't.
    To my knowledge, each class had 3 weapons in firestorm.
    That doesn't change the fact that you seem to be whining, because "it's soooooooo stroooong". AND you seem to think that you should have a right to dictate how others play. Or what they play with.

Example: "Then they can use them in conquest."

• ragnarok013
    2540 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Then why not just have a forum setting to automatically censor swearing? Save yourself some time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TheFieryHotSauce there is one but it's not allowed as per the forum rules of conduct so we moderate profanity until the rules change.
  • Ceph_v74
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I heard EA are renaming battlefield to MGFIELD!
  • Kongo030
    603 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm usually a bush camper in solos but would never pick a mg42 over a smg. I remember being the lucky loser with a purple MG42 in the bush and opening fire on the last opponent with him turning around and still killing me. Movement still rules over camping in FS when the enemy still has armor.
  • TheFieryHotSauce
    edited July 9

Yup. Play it every day. Yup. I know that those guns are there. Nope. I dont use either one on a regular basis. But just because I don't use them, doesn't mean that I should be able to dictate that others can or can't.
    To my knowledge, each class had 3 weapons in firestorm.
    That doesn't change the fact that you seem to be whining, because "it's soooooooo stroooong". 

Who are you quoting there? lol

I'm calling out something that is anti-fun for other players, it's a videogame where you're supposed to have fun and having half the remaining players on their belly waiting with MMGs isn't fun. The playerbase is already vanishing from Firestorm, so a bit of focus on the mode having great gunplay instead of camping so players can have fun isn't a bad thing. 

Oh well, at this rate Firestorm will probably be a ghost town in a couple weeks anyway. 
    Post edited by TheFieryHotSauce on
  • LedHead_NZ
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree would love to see the mmgs removed from firestorm all together. They are by far the least used weapons and are actively avoided by all the folks I play with. Personaly I would love to see more semi auto, self loading and bolt action riles added with a variety of sights and scopes to balance out all the smg, lmgs and assault rifles currently available. Throwing knives would make for some cool moments also.
  • Ceph_v74
    I would to see the MMGs removed along with the cheaters!!!!
  • elvergonmexicano
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ceph_v74 wrote: »
    I would to see the MMGs removed along with the cheaters!!!!

That won't happen. If they can't see a 15 second video cheating evidence they won't take 20 seconds for organizing a ban.