Weekly Debrief

😡Why graphics are still so bad in ps4 ?

oudx02
98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I am using ps4pro and 4ktv , i remember bf1 graphics are so realistic and optimized but in bfv after 7 mounth it just dont feel likea aaa game !! Why graphics on ps4 are so ugly ? Its not about hardware if so why bf1 had better graphics ?

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7289 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    an example of what you think looks ugly would be good, when discussing something like this, screencaps help
  • oudx02
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    an example of what you think looks ugly would be good, when discussing something like this, screencaps help

Just compare 2 rain effects from bfv and bf1 ..dont u think bf1 is way better than bfv ? Expand this to all other visual elements in game
  • oudx02
    It feels like the game runs on 800×600 resolation on ps4pro lol , i have other games and they work totally fine
  • eviljguano
    24 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the resolution was way better on launch, suspicion they have reduced it to get better performance once they closed lots of servers…
  • StarscreamUK
    7289 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    closing servers wouldnt give better looks in game.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    Increase your fov. For some reason low fov dilutes graphics.
  • The_BERG_366
    2345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    eviljguano wrote: »
    I think the resolution was way better on launch, suspicion they have reduced it to get better performance once they closed lots of servers…

servers don't affect graphical performance of your client.
  • OskooI_007
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Consoles use dynamic resolution scaling. If a patch reduces the games performance, resolution will be automatically reduced in order to compensate.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have noticed graphic decline with the last couple patches.  Trees look more like flat x's instead of round bundles of leaves.  Walls of buildings that flash in and out on occasion.  It isn't always glaring at you but it is becoming more frequently apparent.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I own both an X and a Pro and am insane and possess BFV on both platforms. With my setup, and much to my surprise, the Pro's graphics is noticeably sharper. On the other hand, I do get more one frame deaths on my PS4, which is a bit of a shame.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not just you. Even on the Xbox one X it runs poorly. low resolution character/weapon/vehicle/skin models all the time and visibly noticeable low frame rates.
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely the performance issues affect the graphics. When the server starts lagging
    the vegetation becomes blocky I get a lot of pop in and the stutter fest begins.

• ragnarok013
    3237 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I own both an X and a Pro and am insane and possess BFV on both platforms. With my setup, and much to my surprise, the Pro's graphics is noticeably sharper. On the other hand, I do get more one frame deaths on my PS4, which is a bit of a shame.
    HUMANFRAIL7Y I also own both and X and a Pro and to me the X seems to have the better audio and video overall than the Pro despite me using my Pro far more often than my X. Is your observation of the pro looking better just for BF5 or other games as well?
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow
    People still expect this game will be magically fixed.

Don’t get me wrong, I feel your pain.
    It’s infuriating how bad this game is considering it was the successor to BF1.

But I concluded that it would never be good as just simply stopped playing this trash.

Suggest others do the same if you’re raging like I used to.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HUMANFRAIL7Y I also own both and X and a Pro and to me the X seems to have the better audio and video overall than the Pro despite me using my Pro far more often than my X. Is your observation of the pro looking better just for BF5 or other games as well?

This surprised me as well, since it's a fact that the X is noticeably more powerful. It's not just the maps themselves though that are sharper, it's the loading screens as well. I also notice that BFV on the Pro has more contrast and the blacks are deeper, despite similar tv settings. I'm not sure how to explain it since specs say other wise. My television is 1080p though and non-4k, so I can't compare both sets on a 4k set like you could (if you do own one). I can tell you that my Samsung tv has exemplary picture quality however, and this has thwarted my longing to upgrade to a 4k set for years now.

Weird, I know. Maybe the Pro handles supersampling on 1080p sets better than the X perhaps? GTA V is another game I own that's also sharper on the Pro.

• HUMANFRAIL7Y
    edited July 6
    Actually, supersampling was off on my Pro by default. Upon turning it on, things got blurier and the picture quality both consoles were almost identical. I'm guessing the supersampling algorithms on this game is not up to snuff. What a shame.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    edited July 7
    Again, supersampling on the Pro  degrades the overall picture quality for me, with this game at least. Things including menu items get noticeably blurrier, so I don't recommend turning it on the Pro if you have a 1080p set like I do.

I know, I know, supersampling is supposed to increase the image quality, but in this particular game, it does the opposite. 
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on both Pro & Scorpio/One X
    The game runs better overall on my X
    & the invisible soldiers bug appears more on my Pro
    the game needs some attention on PS4....i don't know if DICE can do something...
    ps: i can't wait for the PS5 & sell my Pro...damn...stutters...freezes...BFV seems "heavy" for the Pro OR my Pro is dying lol
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Distant haze filter ( who was added after the beta ) has ruined graphics ... and it's make mid-range visibility worst on fat consoles 
  • oudx02
    it does nothing to do with ps4pro hardware...becuase bf1 has way way waaaay better graphics than bfv !!! they have done something about this game and this need to be revealed