Half full servers

v3ritas1989
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi,
I am a regular FS player and the changes introduced in the latest patch has worsen the the gameplay.
Specifically I had a lot ofmatches where the server was not full and winning was no challange any more.
We had a 4 game winstreak today where the server was never full and we almost never met any other squads. It was really boring.
We had the following kill counts in these 4 matches. (4,18,2,8)  And we literally had to run around shooting in the air for ppl to find us.

One of these games we started with 22 players. This is a no go!

This has to be reworked. The time was between 13:00 and 16:00 EU on Saturday.
While I understand that many ppl were flaming because of the long waiting times, or the confusing timers, I think this just gives a way worse experience.
Outside of the rushhour times you HAVE TO be patient and expect at least a few minutes of waiting time for 64 players to queue. That just how this type of game is.

I would propose a change where the 2 min timer only starts when the game has at least 40+ players. Otherwise we are just queing and the server will never get full as the amount of players in FS isn´t that greate to begin with outside of the rushhour.

Please consider reworking the timers
Do you guys have any other suggestions how to solve this problem?

Comments

• fail0r_x
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have just subscribed to origin access just to play firestorm on pc, but as you written the lobbys never filled to 64 players for the maximum experience. i dont think i will subscribe again after my current subscription run out.

suggestions:
    start the match only if there are 60-64 players in the lobby. change something in firestorm to make it more popular which could bring more players into firestorm to reduce the lobby waiting times, e.G. more than 64 players and playable on the whole map.

• TheFieryHotSauce
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, I play solos and it's just as bad. I'd rather wait 5 minutes for a 40+ person lobby and I'd prefer to not be put in such low population games at all and kicked back out to the menu. I did manage to get a 9 kill game in a 25 player once so it isn't all bad, but most of the time it is. 
  • l1z1l
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    I am a regular FS player and the changes introduced in the latest patch has worsen the the gameplay.
    Specifically I had a lot ofmatches where the server was not full and winning was no challange any more.
    We had a 4 game winstreak today where the server was never full and we almost never met any other squads. It was really boring.
    We had the following kill counts in these 4 matches. (4,18,2,8)  And we literally had to run around shooting in the air for ppl to find us.

While I understand that many ppl were flaming because of the long waiting times, or the confusing timers, I think this just gives a way worse experience.
    Outside of the rushhour times you HAVE TO be patient and expect at least a few minutes of waiting time for 64 players to queue. That just how this type of game is.

I would propose a change where the 2 min timer only starts when the game has at least 40+ players. Otherwise we are just queing and the server will never get full as the amount of players in FS isn´t that greate to begin with outside of the rushhour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-01x6_fp1s
    Look at this video, 2 millions peoples watched this video, and you tell me, that peoples doesn't playing in firestorm???    GIVE BACK MY NORMAL GAME WITH FS, and stop removal me from the peoples
  • v3ritas1989
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is an example of my winstreak yesterday  ~11 PM  CET +1  EU servers
    15 ppl on the server is a no go. And the win feals cheated

The video is from 21.03 
    The lobbies were "ok" before. ppl complained about waiting times, but the games were full.
    After the last updates waiting times are down, but servers are empty / not full.
    Dice needs to find a balance, this is not it.

I have 1,251 kills and 130 wins in Firestorm, I played it since release. And YES, if you take lobby times as well as local time into account as well as people count in the lobby, people are not playing FS.
    If u are active on the BF discord server, with maybe 50 -100 active EU FS players, it is ridicules how often you find these peope on your server (their names in kill feed).
    This would not happen if there were a lot ppl playing it.
    It is completely different to BF and traditional BF players seem to not like it. At least the 30 or so majority of my clan.

Then you have US players come and play on EU server who , even before the lobby patch, are exited about the low waiting times. Cause they say they need several minutes to find a match NA west coast.
    Meaning there are even less players on NA. Shortly after EU rush hour, lobbys are full, fast and fine 7-11 pm. But everything outside of these times is always long in lobby waiting and empty lobbies.

I really like FS, hense the many hours I have played it. But I play BR because I want a challang. And the Win rates here, especially after the lobby system patch are ridicules even for average players like me. If this continues I will probably go back to PUBG, even tho their movement and sound system is ****. But because a win is a challange, an achievement, a sign of a good round with a little luck. In FS its basically mandetory to be in the Top 3.

If they fill up the lobbies all the time, they can at least provide some randomness and amount of enemies in order to bring win ratios down. Making it more fun.

• CrocHunter27
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Us Oceania players get excited if we hit 20 in a game which isn’t often.. changing things so you guys that can get 40+ players can only start a game when u get close to full would ruin it for us Oceania players who wouldn’t get a game again! I’m quiet happy the way things are as we can too get a game unlike a few months ago when we couldn’t get a game at all as there wasn’t enough players in oceania.. unless they can add servers like they have on normal multiplayer for firestorm where we can pick our servers then I’m happy for the way it is now.. just be happy your getting a game and stop whining over silly little things
  • letzgorotary
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l1z1l said:
    Hi,

Look at this video, 2 millions peoples watched this video, and you tell me, that peoples doesn't playing in firestorm???    GIVE BACK MY NORMAL GAME WITH FS, and stop removal me from the peoples
    That was 3 months ago when most ppl were still playing it.
  • fail0r_x
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 13
    @dice matchmaking developer idiots: only start the 60 second lobby timer when 60 player joined the lobby in EU region at least
  • l1z1l
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l1z1l said:
    Hi,

That was 3 months ago when most ppl were still playing it.

Any way it is very good number (2 mln's) , because look for instance, I played at WOT before, there was 500 000 online peoples each day played in this game, and through the 1-2 year's this number is still the same... May be a less , but any body a lot of peoples playing...  But the battlefield 5 is a new game , firestorm is just released, and many advertise was about this game. I don't think that this two mln's peoples just watch this video and didn't play at this game, moreover - the game is great, graphics are very impressive , the game has a great potential … But no body like watch at my 50 WON of solo firestorm :D
  • Wboson
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I´m talking about my experience in EU region. Maybe some other regions might need different settings but leave EU alone please.

I was one for campaign for cutting waiting time to 180s and I´m pleased with the result, as the other players from my friend list are. No1 is complaining for few players. Always when its prime time (11AM-22PM UTC +2) the servers ALWAYS hit at least 44players. That 44 being exception. Mostly the server gets filled in first 30 secs and then it´s the same dance over 64-63-62-56-63 fluctuating back and force. If you want to wait till all 64 players  are connected, then I think you could wait for 30min and you´d still be going from 64 to 63 and so on.

I was thinking to reduce the timer to 120s. When the timer was on 5min all my squad mates didn´t dare to go to Ordenberg or more busy places bc no1 wants to play for 15s and then wait for 2+5min. Now when there´s less waiting and more action the game gets new breathing. People actually are trying new places and tactics.

But the servers are broken sometimes. Sometimes the timer gets stuck to 0:00 and the game won´t just start.

Also in the morning (before 11AM +2 UTC zone), there are no servers in EU. And I´ve been redirected to what seems to be East Coast(120ping) of USA or even West Coast(200ms ping), and then there are 12, maybe 20 players in the server. And that´s perfectly fine also, more loot to grab;)

Also one point to consider. Maybe it´s not about lobby waiting times but about Achievements. Half of my regular squad mates are going to Conquest atm to get new weapons after the New Chapter IV was introduced. Before that we played ONLY FS. And the lobby waiting times were the same.

Also maybe ppl are scared away bc of cheaters. Didn´t encounter any cheater a month ago or so. Nowadays every day there is at least 1 cheater per day who ruins the game at 12 players or less left. And I for once wouldnt wait for 10 min after being wrecked by cheater to get into the game again. 1-2 min is fine, 10 min not.

And you are complaining that people are not playing in the midnight? Seriously, maybe people are something else to do like to sleep and got to work\school.

Also some players might take a brake in summer time to chill out side and not play so much BF?