How To Rescue Battlefield V?

Comments

• xXHamatoYoshiXx
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope you people are all aware that none of this is ever going to change until you all just stop playing this god awful game and hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

And who are you?
    Someone with the ability to critically think. And you?
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope you people are all aware that none of this is ever going to change until you all just stop playing this god awful game and hit them where it hurts, their wallets.

And who are you?
    Someone who doesn't make sweeping generalisations and assumptions.
  • KumanoChinpei
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let us build free. Anything you want on anywhere you want.
    It will make some balance broken and BFV looks like cheap and funny.
    But this game lacks creativity once BF series had.
    Or at least give us free build mode. That will rescue BFV. 
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:

Noodlesocks said:
    Put tides of war on hold and spend a good few months fixing the game.

and what? just swap 'fix the bugs' for 'wheres the content' whinging? DICE literally cannot win, and this forum and reddit and twitter are to blame. just look at the title of this thread, 'how to rescue battlefield' - the language around the game is so so heated! it's a game guys. don't like it, kick them where it hurts and don't purchase and don't play. the way so many people here and elsewhere act it's like they've been physically assaulted by a dice employee.

No volume of content will make up for a bad game. What they need to do is prioritise the quality of the game above everything else like they did with Battlefield 4 when they put all DLC on hold to fix the game and it did that game wonders.

Completely seperate teams fix bugs vs create content. You would be punishing the community for no reason. Especially tides of war.

Maps maybe, but we did just get a map delay effectively. The problem is the vague communication to the community. EA did not mention the messy patch till just now. 4 days after peeps started screaming from the rooftops.

The community is pissed, but pulling content won’t help that either.

That not always as it depends on what bugs and content.
    While I am sure to some degree you are right. Producers and managers will always overlap. It's part of the job. I'm also sure DICE plan for remediation though so the bugs will be factored in to a degree. Having been the local head of operations for interactive development for a company that now has 477,000 employees I can confidently tell you the overlap will be minimal and also it would be recognised/planned for. Managing large scale development is like one big game of human tetris. 

It also makes no sense from a commercial point of view to delay content. What does make sense is rolling on more staff to start catching up. This does appear to be happening as DICE LA appear to be getting involved in a few bits and pieces. This seems to of started a month or 2 ago and I don't think we will see the real benefit until maybe October. 

That all being said, the communication and engagement of the community is poor at the moment for whatever reason. It's a live service, so DICE/EA need to be LIVE on these channels and talking to the community. 
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And who are you?
    Someone who doesn't make sweeping generalisations and assumptions.
    So it's an assumption to conclude that despite what has transpired, from the patches, to bad PR, to the creators insulting gamers, to the obvious catering to those that whine and cry without any empirical evidence, and the quick hot fix in regards to something of monetary value, rather than the core mechanics of the game, to the game's influence by particular organizations with agendas, in addition to what EA has done with other games, and the history and downfall that has led to this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ matter with sprinkles of a game it has come to be, that nothing is ever going to change unless a drastic commitment is made by the community? 

You know instead of making passive-aggressive remarks, why not come up with your own suggestion in which how this game can be rescued instead of being part of the toxic portion of this community with nothing of value to bring to the table? Oh that's right...you can't, and you won't, instead, you will make some other nonsensical statement that does not adhere to the topic at hand...
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    edited July 2019
    After reading your comment posted above in regards to the comment made by DingoKllr, the only part of your statement that is agreeable is the fact that with a live service should come live communication on these channels and to the community. The rest, clearly seems damage control. Let me ask, do you work for DICE or something? lol
  • sabootheshaman
    After reading your comment posted above in regards to the comment made by DingoKllr, the only part of your statement that is agreeable is the fact that with a live service should come live communication on these channels and to the community. The rest, clearly seems damage control. Let me ask, do you work for DICE or something? lol
    Lol because my comment has outlined the facts and u just look like a sook?

I think DICE have made Grace errors. However instead of bleeding about it, if you look at the history of my comments you would see I try to be constructive and not a troll.
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2019
    Noken cold do another mine movie =) 
    https://vimeo.com/4331320

• dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I spent 30 minutes trying to load a game of conquest last night with my squad.
    we tried all joining together, one starting and the rest joining,.. Restarting the game, resetting the xbox in the end I had enough it was just my turn to be the one who can't get a game to load its been this way since Thursday at least one in every four players in a party had ended up not able to play with the rest. I could load a game and play with random s.

This is the sort of thing that just seems stupid to a lay person why not test there patches on a separate server????
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fair point. We're all preaching to the choir here ... there's no guarantee that DICE is reading any of this. If anything, they've heard our feedback numerous times already.

Even on Reddit, many say that their words are akin to shouting into the void ... something which ultimately achieves nothing. The only realistic way we can get them to change their tactics is to stop playing the game, or stop buying their MTX.

Oh well ...
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Fair point. We're all preaching to the choir here ... there's no guarantee that DICE is reading any of this. If anything, they've heard our feedback numerous times already.

Even on Reddit, many say that their words are akin to shouting into the void ... something which ultimately achieves nothing. The only realistic way we can get them to change their tactics is to stop playing the game, or stop buying their MTX.

Oh well ...
    Ferdinand_J_Foch we send up weekly issue and sentiment reports to the community team and studio. It is also very important that the player base participate in Partwelsh's month sentiment survey in order to add more information that goes to the dev team.
  • Rossctone
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back:

Third party servers
    Procon support
    Battlelog / battlescreen / platoon chat etc.
    Platoons
    Commander
    Admin tools, like sniperlimit etc.
    Add EAC
    Eastern eggs

Im still wondering how they managed to destroy once great battlefield, nobody plays this game anymore

• Rossctone
    Btw these people do games for living, if i would do my job like they do i would be fired.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Oh well ...
    Ferdinand_J_Foch we send up weekly issue and sentiment reports to the community team and studio. It is also very important that the player base participate in Partwelsh's month sentiment survey in order to add more information that goes to the dev team.
    I wish DICE did a little more to 'respond' to feedback. We've sent quite a bit of it, but I don't think we've seen too many responses to what we've said, though we have had some recent 'Dev Episodes' ... we need more of that.

For example, DICE did a feedback session about changing weapon mastery assignments ... we have not heard a peep since. Yes, some of the recent weapons have had more reasonable assignments, but there are other recent weapons, like the MAB 38, which have had silly assignments again. In this case, I'd like to know if DICE is actually planning anything, because trying to get the last assignments done for the Bren and the Lewis Gun is driving me up the wall now.

It also feels like I'm writing the same things over and over again in these surveys ... that might change once this game gets better.
  • ElliotLH
    9588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh well ...
    I wish DICE did a little more to 'respond' to feedback. We've sent quite a bit of it, but I don't think we've seen too many responses to what we've said, though we have had some recent 'Dev Episodes' ... we need more of that.

For example, DICE did a feedback session about changing weapon mastery assignments ... we have not heard a peep since. Yes, some of the recent weapons have had more reasonable assignments, but there are other recent weapons, like the MAB 38, which have had silly assignments again. In this case, I'd like to know if DICE is actually planning anything, because trying to get the last assignments done for the Bren and the Lewis Gun is driving me up the wall now.

It also feels like I'm writing the same things over and over again in these surveys ... that might change once this game gets better.
    We are indeed writing the same things over and over in those surveys as they've pretty much been copy and paste jobs month-to-month.  
  • Rossctone

Oh well ...

Lol these assignments, do something as attacker. Hmm im defender and cant change side.
  • Soulbreeze
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netcode. That and maps. That's really all the game needs. The netcode is absolute crap and the drip feed of maps doesn't do it. Releasing 1 map every once in awhile burns people out on it within a week. Need to go back to map packs where there's 4+ new maps at a time. But the Netcode is the biggest thing. I shouldn't be getting 1 shot killed from weapons that don't 1 shot this far into the game's life. I shouldn't be losing to SAR rifles against my suomi with RoF perk from 3 feet.
  • GVlXxf
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is a good game, but DICE didn't take concern on anti cheating, other glitch or nerf things can be put up with as community can work together on this. if anti cheating doesn't improve, it just another game of "PUBG" , however, i think it's equivalent to "PUBG" in cheating issue  
  • Rossctone
    GVlXxf said:
    BFV is a good game, but DICE didn't take concern on anti cheating, other glitch or nerf things can be put up with as community can work together on this. if anti cheating doesn't improve, it just another game of "PUBG" , however, i think it's equivalent to "PUBG" in cheating issue  
    Bfv is not good game, its just another fps nothing special.