Last One Standing

GirlMisfit
109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Slowly over the past few months I have seen less and less of the regular squad mates.  I used to have a big friends list of old BF1 friends and new BF5 friends many of which shared passion for the history of WW1 & WW2.  Nike and Dirty left to play another battle royal game.  Prud left to play The division 2.  Hokey left claiming netcode issues and frustrations.  Cowboy stopped playing when frontlines were removed.  Heed and I were all that were left over the past 2 months when he stopped playing 2 weeks ago.

Now the game just seems boring and lonely.  I try and bounce around to find a new squad with mics, but you just cant find replacements for those you fought with for years.

Now when I log in and try and play for a few hours, it's really a struggle to play more than 2 games.  The constant snipers killing me, the unbalance teams and getting walked all over for 10 minutes followed by being walked over for another 10 minutes.  One of the things that made this game fun for me was having a squad, now it's just seems like a frustrating way to spend my few hours without kids.

Anyone else thinks it's time to move to another game?

Comments

• ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GirlMisfit a good place to find squadmates with mics is the Official Battlefield discord discord.gg/battlefield or you can join the FridayNightBattlefield event on Fridays over on the official EA Gaming discord at discord.gg/EAGaming
  • LowPingScrub
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup we have had a nice group on the ps4 and could fill up 2 squads if we wanted, but everyone started to leave bfv because it was getting bad and boring. A small group moved on to The Division 2 and I think that only 2 or 3 are still playing bfv
  • mrtwotimes
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank goodness I don't need to play with anyone specifically..... always full games for me.
  • GirlMisfit
    ragnarok013 - We used to play Friday Night with Dice back when we played BF1.  We always had a blast and it was the thing we looked forward to to get through a hard week at work.  I wasn't aware that anyone was still running some form of Friday night gaming.

mrtwotimes - I think you are missing my point.  I can log in now and I can find a full game.  The point is the quality of the people in that full game.  There is more to this game than running around and shooting people, there are friendships that develop as people chat between games.

LowPingScrub - It's really sad that so many people moved on.  While I never met my squad mates in real life, we did develop friendships and laughter.  Sometimes hanging out with an online friend or two was a good time and a way to release stress from the week.
  • dayglowfroggy
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had this experience too but in the end joined a clan through this site in the platoons section and now getting decent on mic games again. It's sad but I think most of the regular bf players are planning to come back when there is some proper content and the game is finished.
  • mrtwotimes
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ragnarok013 - We used to play Friday Night with Dice back when we played BF1.  We always had a blast and it was the thing we looked forward to to get through a hard week at work.  I wasn't aware that anyone was still running some form of Friday night gaming.

mrtwotimes - I think you are missing my point.  I can log in now and I can find a full game.  The point is the quality of the people in that full game.  There is more to this game than running around and shooting people, there are friendships that develop as people chat between games.

LowPingScrub - It's really sad that so many people moved on.  While I never met my squad mates in real life, we did develop friendships and laughter.  Sometimes hanging out with an online friend or two was a good time and a way to release stress from the week.
    Quality of people in game is subjective, your group(s) may just be low quality to many others.

The game is about running around and shooting, being social online is a whole other concept.  You can play the other games they are now in and be social there.
  • superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    thought this was going to be about the slightly hyped but rarer than unicorn-farts last stand mode in grand ops. 
  • GirlMisfit
    edited July 1
    mrtwotimes - We did very well as a squad and was above average in points even obtaining top squad from time to time.  You are [removed] for making that assumption and I am pretty sure you know that.

Superteds - Sorry to disappoint.  I just wanted to express an opinion and see if others had similar frustrations.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 1
    mrtwotimes - We did very well as a squad and was above average in points even obtaining top squad from time to time.  You are [removed] for making that assumption and I am pretty sure you know that.

Superteds - Sorry to disappoint.  I just wanted to express an opinion and see if others had similar frustrations.
    I think the first few months of the game killed most of the interested semi-organised groups had. I used to run (still belong to the clan) with a solid core of about 10 guys most nights on BF1. Beta turned about half of them off, and a few months turned the rest off - they're all in BF4 now ):

So i can sympathise, but on the flip before BF1 i've nearly always played solo or in pickups without mics so i don't mind squadplay with randoms. I still find enough fun in the game to log in most days, and that's since release.
  • mrtwotimes
    edited July 1
    mrtwotimes - We did very well as a squad and was above average in points even obtaining top squad from time to time.  You are [removed] for making that assumption and I am pretty sure you know that.

What does points or top squad have to do with quality of players or groups.   You're rather naive. 
    Your whole response is assumptions
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13432 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 1
    @GirlMisfit
    Let's keep the personal attacks out of your posts,  Otherwise you will be infracted for bullying and posting personal attacks.

e.g Calling people "idiot" etc.

The same goes for you @mrtwotimes

• ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rather apt title for the battlefield v forums
  • StingX71
    818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Know the feeling.  When DICE/EA killed off BF4 style rent-able servers in BF1, everyone seemed to scatter to the wind.  BF1 decimated my friends list. Quite a few initially bought the game, but when word got out about horrible RSP, holdouts didn't buy the game. Those who did stopped playing except for 3-4 of us. I'm the only one left playing BF V.

Did hook up with two decent clan and starting to get some of the old BF feeling back.  Still a far cry from BF2-BF4 days though. 
  • GirlMisfit
    @GirlMisfit
    Let's keep the personal attacks out of your posts,  Otherwise you will be infracted for bullying and posting personal attacks.

e.g Calling people "idiot" etc.

The same goes for you @mrtwotimes

So it's wrong to stand up and defend yourself when someone personally attacked me with, "your group(s) may just be low quality to many others"  Maybe you are yelling and scolding the wrong person.
  • GirlMisfit
    StingX71 said:
    Know the feeling.  When DICE/EA killed off BF4 style rent-able servers in BF1, everyone seemed to scatter to the wind.  BF1 decimated my friends list. Quite a few initially bought the game, but when word got out about horrible RSP, holdouts didn't buy the game. Those who did stopped playing except for 3-4 of us. I'm the only one left playing BF V.

Did hook up with two decent clan and starting to get some of the old BF feeling back.  Still a far cry from BF2-BF4 days though. 
    It's sad because when I go back to BF1, I can see how much better the graphics are for BV5.  Several of my squad mates loved the game when it came out, I was reluctant because I was a medic and not used to the SMGs when all I used in BF1 was self loading rifles.  I dont think dice gets credit for the things they did well.  It's cool to be able to add fortifications and drive a tiger tank.  
  • ragnarok013
    3428 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

GirlMisfit yep still being held - on PC the EU event is run by EA_Atic, the US event is run by me, on PS4 the event is run by LadyArsenic and on Xbone it's run by T0talfps
  • GirlMisfit
    ragnarok013 - Back when we had it on BF1, I am pretty sure there was announcement on the login screen.  I really have not see any advertising for "friday night with dice".  I always use my min in hopes that someone will hear me and take off their mute or plug in their headset so we can organize an attack.  It kills morale to see a clan on the other team filling two squads organized while our team has no direction or plan.
  • ragnarok013
    ragnarok013 - Back when we had it on BF1, I am pretty sure there was announcement on the login screen.  I really have not see any advertising for "friday night with dice".  I always use my min in hopes that someone will hear me and take off their mute or plug in their headset so we can organize an attack.  It kills morale to see a clan on the other team filling two squads organized while our team has no direction or plan.
      GirlMisfit That is true, back in BF1 we did have it on the announcement screen, however without RSP FNB hasn't been on the announcements since we don't have official FNB servers under our control to advertise yet.  Also with servers not being permanent we can't easily adjust fire and just use an empty existing server for the event like we did back in BF3. We do make it work right now but it takes a lot more coordination.

• ElliotLH
    8648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
      GirlMisfit That is true, back in BF1 we did have it on the announcement screen, however without RSP FNB hasn't been on the announcements since we don't have official FNB servers under our control to advertise yet.  Also with servers not being permanent we can't easily adjust fire and just use an empty existing server for the event like we did back in BF3. We do make it work right now but it takes a lot more coordination.

Excuse my ignorance @ragnarok013 but how are you organising it at the moment? Is it a case of the person running it will enter a server and then publish the server number online?
  • ragnarok013
    ElliotLH said:

Excuse my ignorance @ragnarok013 but how are you organising it at the moment? Is it a case of the person running it will enter a server and then publish the server number online?
    ElliotLH the answer is really "on the fly".  Depending on the platform we all meet up in discord on PC and then form squads, then attempt to join the same server. On console pretty much the same except they form into PSN or Xbox Live parties and then form squads and attempt to join the same server.