This Week in Battlefield V

One shot one kill sniper weapon?

gold2123
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfznC4-9Uek

Is this real? BF5 killed themself.What is the weakness of this weapon?This weapon is against the theme of the battlefield.This weapon must be will delete.This is disgrace.

Comments

• VincentNZ
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It can only be used with the bipod. That is the weakness and quite a hefty one at that.
  • sabootheshaman
    1111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And only with 100metres.
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    gold2123 said:

What is the weakness of this weapon?

Some have already been stated but mostly the drawbacks mentioned are:

• Can only ADS when on a bipod. Hip-fire kills are not reliable.
    • 100m 1HK 'sweetspot'. Outside of 100m you will find it difficult to kill enemies, unless they can't get away before you chamber another round (the Mastery Assignment asking for kills over 100m was horrible).
    • Very low fire speed.
    • A fair bit of bullet drop making hitting long range targets harder.
    • Usually you're a sitting duck for other snipers.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Boys is a fun gimmick weapon which is why it's fine.  When everyone was unlocking it there was a 2 week window where it was annoying but now I don't even see it used. 
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    gold2123 said:

Is this real? BF5 killed themself.What is the weakness of this weapon?This weapon is against the theme of the battlefield.This weapon must be will delete.This is disgrace.

"What is the weakness of this weapon"? So many that i don't even want to use it, level it up to 10th, all golden up and never ever want to use it again, i rather use and do better with BARs. Try it and you'll love how boring it is aside from getting some cheap kills.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i've only used that weapon once and it was to try it out, the fact that you can't ADS is its biggest weakness, potentially the biggest weakness of any sniper weapon. and as any good recon would tell you, never go prone when sniping
  • Woodlbrad
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its slowwwwwwww id rather use a faster bolt action with more velocity and range.
  • JamieCurnock
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never come on here claiming weapons to be op or that they need a Nerf but honestly that fricking boys toy needs a reduction from ohk. It's a huge gimmick being able to one shot infantry and that is all it's being used for, farm killing across a field.

Change it from a ohk and it would be fine.

I'd put up with bipodded mmgs over this noob tube any day.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People say "but its only ohk with 100m" and Yes, outside of the 100m its pretty poor but on many maps, im thinking in breakthrough here, the engagement distance is less than that and its easy to sit in a building or a bush and keep knocking off unsuspecting infantry. 
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 4
    Its crazy how so many people can be running this AT Boys Rifle in a match. In battlefield 1 the tank Hunter was the only person in the map with such a weapon and it was fun hunting him down. Here you go hunting an AT Boys Rifle player down and there are 2 others triangulating you, not to mention all the support bipodded weapons where those players are also camping in the grass. It's just ridiculous.
    If you going to keep the bipodded weapons like this including the AT Boys Rifle then you need to include manual 3D spotting back into BFV like the other Battlefield games.

If every player can have a gun like that then it needs a nerf like the developers did with the piat and grenade launcher. The piat and grenade launcher make no sense to have been nerfed as those weapons are a fairly accurate damage model. 
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's only OHK within 100m, so I don't think it's too bad. With good aim any other Bolt Action is FAR more effective.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually encountered a player on Aerodrome last night using it as a genuine anti-material weapon against my half track. It served it's purpose well, requiring me to back out of an area I was providing covering fire for my team so I could heal up. Of course, I could easily see where he was camping so once I healed up I gave him a good spray and suppressed him till another squad took him out.

Overall it's an irritation, but players soon get bored of it due to the severely constrained play style required. Run with your squad that includes a medic with smoke and they won't bother you much. They're really only a problem if you go lone wolf and flank a location by yourself.
  • Elephante33
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    can we NOT have another sniper nerf that only enforces the OP-ness of the Assault class? 
    its a S-N-I-P-E-R weapon
    Its SUPPOSED to be a LONG RANGE and DEADLY weapon
    You think you are gonna GET a 2nd shot when you shoot at someone from 300 meters or more? its simply not worth it if not, its simply not sniping if your long range, well calculated shot doesnt yield results
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1841 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually encountered a player on Aerodrome last night using it as a genuine anti-material weapon against my half track. It served it's purpose well, requiring me to back out of an area I was providing covering fire for my team so I could heal up. Of course, I could easily see where he was camping so once I healed up I gave him a good spray and suppressed him till another squad took him out.

Overall it's an irritation, but players soon get bored of it due to the severely constrained play style required. Run with your squad that includes a medic with smoke and they won't bother you much. They're really only a problem if you go lone wolf and flank a location by yourself.
    The Boys is really effective against half tracks, though any sensible occupants would bail after the second hit, if not the first. An non full health transport is a death trap
  • sabootheshaman
    1111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People say "but its only ohk with 100m" and Yes, outside of the 100m its pretty poor but on many maps, im thinking in breakthrough here, the engagement distance is less than that and its easy to sit in a building or a bush and keep knocking off unsuspecting infantry. 

Admittedly I don’t play a lot of breakthrough. I can imagine it’d be a bit nasty in this narrow lane mid distance situations. Never thought if it like that.

Highlights the challenge of balance across different modes. Makes me think they should of left it out and just given a few smgs to recon to encourage more aggressive play.
  • JamieCurnock
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    can we NOT have another sniper nerf that only enforces the OP-ness of the Assault class? 
    its a S-N-I-P-E-R weapon
    Its SUPPOSED to be a LONG RANGE and DEADLY weapon
    You think you are gonna GET a 2nd shot when you shoot at someone from 300 meters or more? its simply not worth it if not, its simply not sniping if your long range, well calculated shot doesnt yield results

It is a weapon for people that can't use regular guns so use this scrubby weapon that requires no skill/practice or any real ability to use it well. It's like the sweet spot mechanic in bf1 but on a really slow gun that requires you to hide and be prone to be effective.

The boys toy is my single biggest annoyance in bfv and never used in the way it's intended (against vehicles). I dislike mmgs but at least you have to manage the recoil, the boys toy is pure garbage that requires no skill whatsoever to use. Yes its long range and deadly but so is a sniper rifle which at least takes some skill. So yes I agree, Nerf the crap out of this gun.
  • NuttysKunKs
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do find it funny getting a kill for shooting an enemies foot at 90m.

When I would need 4 9mm rounds in the face or 10 in the foot..
  • Carbonic
    1386 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 18
    Looking at the video I imagine the Boys rifle is quite a bit better on console than on PC. You just don't get the chances to take the time to bipod and then aim+shoot on PC in my experience - all the other snipers simply take you out.
  • M_Rat13
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never come on here claiming weapons to be op or that they need a Nerf but honestly that fricking boys toy needs a reduction from ohk. It's a huge gimmick being able to one shot infantry and that is all it's being used for, farm killing across a field.

Change it from a ohk and it would be fine.

I'd put up with bipodded mmgs over this noob tube any day.

So what would be the point of it? Because without OHK body shot, it's basically a worse BAR, and those weapons are already pretty bad (ZH-29 master race).
  • mf_shro0m
    1464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    gold2123 wrote: »

Lol. Clueless