One shot one kill sniper weapon?

Comments

• johnkapa1
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    I never come on here claiming weapons to be op or that they need a Nerf but honestly that fricking boys toy needs a reduction from ohk. It's a huge gimmick being able to one shot infantry and that is all it's being used for, farm killing across a field.

Change it from a ohk and it would be fine.

I'd put up with bipodded mmgs over this noob tube any day.
    So you're saying a .55 caliber rd is supposed to be as weak as a 8mm or 30-06? The bullet is almost twice the size of those other calibers... if this wasnt a ohk i would be disappointed. Now personally i hate using the gun cause i cant ads and its too slow for my play style but id rather get killed by a well placed rd then a camping mg little [removed]
    [edited by mod for profanity]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • NuttysKunKs
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Looking at the video I imagine the Boys rifle is quite a bit better on console than on PC. You just don't get the chances to take the time to bipod and then aim+shoot on PC in my experience - all the other snipers simply take you out.

See that’s where you’re going wrong.

If you jump on your back and don’t ADS the bi pod deploys really quick, just use the white hairs to line up.

Also at close range I’ve gotten a fair few hip shots with it. Again, only needs to hit there hand for it to be a kill.
  • y_j_es_i
    1325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    JamieCurnock said:
    I never come on here claiming weapons to be op or that they need a Nerf but honestly that fricking boys toy needs a reduction from ohk. It's a huge gimmick being able to one shot infantry and that is all it's being used for, farm killing across a field.

So you're saying a .55 caliber rd is supposed to be as weak as a 8mm or 30-06? The bullet is almost twice the size of those other calibers... if this wasnt a ohk i would be disappointed. Now personally i hate using the gun cause i cant ads and its too slow for my play style but id rather get killed by a well placed rd then a camping mg little bit*h.  

Exactly this

I don’t complain when a sniper takes me out because 1. It takes skill 2. In BFV it takes extra skill because the recon guns are a joke. Don’t believe me? You try getting more than 15 kills in a round with a BA in BFV

When I get killed by some lil **** camped in a dark corner with an MMG touching up kids on the other hand, i think to myself ‘your parents must be ashamed because they raised a lil *****’

Are you really asking for a gun with a RoF of 25 that must be bipoded to ADS, to need to land as many shots as guns with RoFs that are x7 to x15 times higher and which don’t need to be bipoded to be ADSed?
  • MrCamp121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    JamieCurnock said:

So you're saying a .55 caliber rd is supposed to be as weak as a 8mm or 30-06? The bullet is almost twice the size of those other calibers... if this wasnt a ohk i would be disappointed. Now personally i hate using the gun cause i cant ads and its too slow for my play style but id rather get killed by a well placed rd then a camping mg little bit*h.  

Wait what? So a well placed round in the foot being OHK is fine? Huh? In what universe is a bullet to the foot gonna kill you. Ok

Next..."camping mg [removed]" as opposed to a camping "sniper" that cant hit headshots to save his life? I see zero difference.
  • johnkapa1
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    JamieCurnock said:

Wait what? So a well placed round in the foot being OHK is fine? Huh? In what universe is a bullet to the foot gonna kill you. Ok

Next..."camping mg [removed]" as opposed to a camping "sniper" that cant hit headshots to save his life? I see zero difference.
    Well in the real life universe in combat... yes you would most likely die. If you think about that thing getting shot at your foot or leg area and it actually hit you especially if that round was an AP incendiary it would most likely take/blow your leg or foot off and you'd probably bleed out and die. So should that be replicated in a video game... i think so since its originally used on an armor vehicles and it could go clean through armor plating on most troop carriers,  so why couldn't it go through your foot or leg??? 

Next.. I find it easier to take out a sniper who can't hit **** then a noob who can camp with an MG and squeeze the trigger and shoots at anything that moves. If you didn't know most of the time when a snipers fires one rd they need to work the bolt and chamber another rd (or wait for the bolt to cycle in a semi) opposed to an MG that can put out more rd's in the time it takes for your gun to cycle a new rd...... just saying......  Plus if i die its cause i didn't see the guy from the crappy visibility or i didn't scan the area i was blindly running into.   
  • MrCamp121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

JamieCurnock said:

Well in the real life universe in combat... yes you would most likely die. If you think about that thing getting shot at your foot or leg area and it actually hit you especially if that round was an AP incendiary it would most likely take/blow your leg or foot off and you'd probably bleed out and die. So should that be replicated in a video game... i think so since its originally used on an armor vehicles and it could go clean through armor plating on most troop carriers,  so why couldn't it go through your foot or leg??? 

Next.. I find it easier to take out a sniper who can't hit **** then a noob who can camp with an MG and squeeze the trigger and shoots at anything that moves. If you didn't know most of the time when a snipers fires one rd they need to work the bolt and chamber another rd (or wait for the bolt to cycle in a semi) opposed to an MG that can put out more rd's in the time it takes for your gun to cycle a new rd...... just saying......  Plus if i die its cause i didn't see the guy from the crappy visibility or i didn't scan the area i was blindly running into.   

Bottom line this game was supposed to be what bf1 wasnt..a bit challenging. A 1HK sniper is not challenging

Also..medics exist irl
  • JamieCurnock
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

So what would be the point of it? Because without OHK body shot, it's basically a worse BAR, and those weapons are already pretty bad (ZH-29 master race).

Isn't the point that it's intended for attacking vehicles? So maybe up the damage to vehicles (or leave it as is) and drop it down from a ohk to infantry to like 90% health or something. It's just such a cheesy weapon with no skill needed at all. I realise I sound proper salty about it but I really do hate this gun.
  • JamieCurnock
    549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18

Not getting into bullet sizes, If we go down that road then every gun should probably be a ohk if it's a headshot. These balances are done for gameplay purposes not to reflect real life and I personally think the balancing on this gun is off.

The boys toy is the epitome of camping, it's camping but without even needing the skill to manage recoil. You literally just have to be able to aim and fire, doesn't matter where you aim at the opponent as long as you hit them. This is why I'd prefer to die to an mmg camper than the boys toy, at least the mmg requires a small amount of skill (although the mmgs campers are starting to get to me now as well) lol.
  • y_j_es_i
    1325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And here’s an FYI about campers

The average number of recons in each game of BFI is pretty much the same as the average number in each game of BFV.
    The abundance of recons exists for the same reason that there’s an abundance of campers. Some players just aren’t very good and are petrified of running into enemies. The only effect nerfing BAs has is that it’ll increase the number of assaults and supports camping in bushes and on quiet roads. This helps to explain why the number of random pussyass campers has increased since BFI.
    In BFV over 98% of recons are unable to ptfo viably with BAs. As for the SLRs, they are just indisputably worse than the SARs. This has meant that most of the players who like the idea of being snipers and who’d like to ptfo with BAs just can’t do it, and most are forced away from objectives. I personally can testify.
  • JamieCurnock
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

The average number of recons in each game of BFI is pretty much the same as the average number in each game of BFV.
    The abundance of recons exists for the same reason that there’s an abundance of campers. Some players just aren’t very good and are petrified of running into enemies. The only effect nerfing BAs has is that it’ll increase the number of assaults and supports camping in bushes and on quiet roads. This helps to explain why the number of random pussyass campers has increased since BFI.
    In BFV over 98% of recons are unable to ptfo viably with BAs. As for the SLRs, they are just indisputably worse than the SARs. This has meant that most of the players who like the idea of being snipers and who’d like to ptfo with BAs just can’t do it, and most are forced away from objectives. I personally can testify.

Ba's are absolutely fine, in fact the whole recon class is generally good imo. It's just the Boys AT Rifle that needs a slight nerf.
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ba's are absolutely fine, in fact the whole recon class is generally good imo. It's just the Boys AT Rifle that needs a slight nerf.
    Are we playing the same game? Almost nobody ever kills me with that crappy rifle. Once a week maybe.
  • xKusagamix
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nothing about the Recon class in BFV is fine compare to all the previous titles.

BARs/SLRs/Carbine pistol/AT gun, Sidearms, Gadget...

It's already the weakest version in the history of Battlefield, a class which never a dominant class. And yet people still complain about the Recon. It's absolutely ridiculous.
  • JamieCurnock
    xKusagamix wrote: »

Nothing about the Recon class in BFV is fine compare to all the previous titles.

BARs/SLRs/Carbine pistol/AT gun, Sidearms, Gadget...

It's already the weakest version in the history of Battlefield, a class which never a dominant class. And yet people still complain about the Recon. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Didn't play recon in bf1, played a bit in bf3&4 and loads in bc2. This is the most fun I've had as a sniper in all those games. I'm not saying its better, just that I've enjoyed it more. In terms of recon I think it's absolutely fine and I do pretty damn well with it, aggressive on capture points too.

The guns are fine, if you can't hit a headshot consistently then use an slr. It should be hard, otherwise you end up with Bf1 where everyone is a damn sniper or a medic sitting on health crates hill humping not ptfo. In my opinion the recon class should be played by those skilled players to make it viable otherwise like I said everyone wants to be a sniper, most are crap at it and then the whole team suffers as everyone is sniping and not ptfo. This is especially relevant in breakthrough.
  • JamieCurnock
    edited July 19
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Are we playing the same game? Almost nobody ever kills me with that crappy rifle. Once a week maybe.

Are you playing on PC or console? I play on Xbox and it's pretty prevalent. On breakthrough it's particularly bad, camping boys at rifles users just out of range for anything than a sniper, farming cheesy kills across the map. It's happens quite a bit.
  • GloriousRepublic
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 19
    People are annoyed with Boys anti material rifle now? Wait till Operation whatever releases (metro remake). I promise they will be spammed at every bottleneck along with the MMGs.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    And only with 100metres.

Not just that,  it has the slowest reload speed per bullet of all of the bolt actions.

The only redeeming feature it has is the readonably high damage against transport vehicles.
  • JamieCurnock
    edited July 19

The only redeeming feature it has is the readonably high damage against transport vehicles.

The ohk to infantry is a pretty good redeeming feature, that seems to be what it's mainly used for. I rarely see it used against vehicles.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

The ohk to infantry is a pretty good redeeming feature, that seems to be what it's mainly used for. I rarely see it used against vehicles.
    Eh kinda..

The enormous amount of recoil how far up it makes the barrel go when firing puts you at a disadvantage ( at least it has for me,  it makes tracking bullet trajectory difficult )

Plus pretty much every scout bolt action will ohk provided it's a headshot.

Why people would pick the boys AT over say.. The Krag is beyond me. 
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Some brave soul kept trying it on me when I was playing Aerodrome Breakthrough in an Archer yesterday. I almost felt bad killing them as at least they were using it against a vehicle.
  • JamieCurnock
    edited July 19

Eh kinda..

The enormous amount of recoil how far up it makes the barrel go when firing puts you at a disadvantage ( at least it has for me,  it makes tracking bullet trajectory difficult )

Plus pretty much every scout bolt action will ohk provided it's a headshot.

Why people would pick the boys AT over say.. The Krag is beyond me. 

Yep but hitting headshots is hard. This gun enables a shot to the finger... Dead, ankle....dead, shin....dead.

To me it just seems too easy, requires no skill and is the opposite to the other guns in the recon class which do take skill to use effectively.