Weekly BF

Why are so many players with pings over 200 allowed to play?

V99999
170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm sorry I feel for people with bad internet but regularly allowing players who have pings in excess of 200 and sometimes as high as 500 severely negatively impacts the game play for everybody else. These players should not be allowed to play online. Why is this routinely allowed on Xbox One.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess that sometimes it's the matchmaker sending people OOR, and others are probably choosing to do play or distant servers because they don't have any closer ones.
  • JohnnyIsntDepp
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ping around 25-28. The highest I've seen is still under 200. You've seen 500? Wth!
  • SixTouge
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen over 2000. I thought it was my internet, but it's never happened in months and months of playing. Typically I hover around 30-40, and it seems back to that norm after a night or two of dealing with those strange spikes. Not sure what was going on during those two instances, but thankfully it seems to have been an anomaly rather than the new normal.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ping around 25-28. The highest I've seen is still under 200. You've seen 500? Wth!
    I seen a 900 ping.  But then next match that player had a 10 ping.
  • SixTouge
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    JohnnyIsntDepp said:

I seen a 900 ping.  But then next match that player had a 10 ping.

When it happened to me, it would spike over 1000 and then return to 30-40 briefly. Overall it was basically unplayable though.
  • Real_Noobalishus
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 said:
    When rental servers go live I will guarantee kicks of pings over 50 in my server.
    Well you're going to have pretty empty servers, not many people are fortunate to have pings that low. I live in a capital city and my ping bounces between 60 - 120 some nights, you cant control things like bad weather, ISP's having issues, game server issues, etc so why punish people who have no control over these things that just want to play the game and have fun.
  • thesparrowclan16
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All these high pings are due to 2 factors
    Random USA joining EU servers and visa versa and the other is isp are all different so sometimes clash and **** EA servers to end with all the money and still lagging on most games Fifa for example they need to sort they shut out no wonder so many play fortnite etc
  • TectonicGuns
    311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody playing BFV with a consistent 200+ ping is a masochist. 
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 said:
    When rental servers go live I will guarantee kicks of pings over 50 in my server.

Well you're going to have pretty empty servers, not many people are fortunate to have pings that low. I live in a capital city and my ping bounces between 60 - 120 some nights, you cant control things like bad weather, ISP's having issues, game server issues, etc so why punish people who have no control over these things that just want to play the game and have fun.

When I play US West, the region I belong in, most players in these games have a sub 50 ping. There's usually 2 or 3 players with pings over that, sometimes a few more. usually 120 to 200 plus range. Keeping a ping limit of 50 and under isn't going to be an issue. It's keeping the correct players in the correct region who desire a sub 50 ping environment. The players I will prevent from being in my server always have public and many other private servers to choose from.

If for some reason my ping is over 50 when I'm in my region, that's when I know there's nothing I can do about it. As of yet, When I play in region, zero issue staying under 50 and have seen no shortage of sub 50 ping players. This is not punishing players. It's providing a better experience for those with a decent ping. Doesn't mean my server will or will not get populated. It's just what I will offer for those seeking a low ping environment.
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Depending the servers I play on mine goes from 9 to 185. I get the same kills and deaths on all these servers and on BF1 and Bf4 it was the same. I kill my enemy fine and the enemy kills me fine. It's when it goes over 240 is the worry. When it's showing Orange constantly and the numbers are not in the yellow or green, then it's time to find another server. There are also people out there with scuff and elite controllers and M&K, they will more than likely own you most of the time and you will rage and think it's their ping.
    I play with plenty friends and family on all these servers too and they don't have issues because of my 185 mostly ping, even when it hits 240 they are still doing the same as always be they on the same team or opposite.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    See? Some people are happy to play in servers with a wide variation of ping. The server I admin however will keep a ping limit. I might even let pings up to the low 70's slide
  • Venomenal1
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 12
    full951 said:
    See? Some people are happy to play in servers with a wide variation of ping. The server I admin however will keep a ping limit. I might even let pings up to the low 70's slide
    There going to be PLENTY servers, gonna get my own too. No recon and campers. And players not playing the objective will get booted.
    Post edited by Venomenal1 on
  • full951
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    full951 said:

There going to be PLENTY servers, gonna get my own too. No recon and campers. And players not playing the objective will get booted.

It's gonna be great. I cant wait.
  • mudpig44
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    I'm sorry I feel for people with bad internet .

No you don't.
  • rock1obsta
    3806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

I'll be waiting in line.
  • xXGugusseXx
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I guess that sometimes it's the matchmaker sending people OOR, and others are probably choosing to do play or distant servers because they don't have any closer ones.
    This is happening to me lately. I'm in EU and the matchmaking is sending me to Brazilain servers randomly. I don't chose to play with 200+ ping when I'm used to 20 when I'm on a EU server, playing with a 200+ ping is just a nightmare. Matchmaking is a complete mess lately, but still less than team balance which is a pure shame.
  • 4Primeval
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because there are no servers in Australia
  • ElliotLH
    8408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    This is happening to me lately. I'm in EU and the matchmaking is sending me to Brazilain servers randomly. I don't chose to play with 200+ ping when I'm used to 20 when I'm on a EU server, playing with a 200+ ping is just a nightmare. Matchmaking is a complete mess lately, but still less than team balance which is a pure shame.
    I've not touched the matchmaker in BF1 for a serious amount of time as it's never been brilliant. I just use the server browser instead.
  • CosmicStriker
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    test your latency and know what region is your best area to join servers from.
    http://www.azurespeed.com