I have played all Battlefield games, except HL, and my conclusion is that this must be the worst version ever. I get it, EA wants to earn and save money. I do no oppose profit, but it
feels like EA only care about their own bank account. Not the game or
the gaming community. It feels like there are no soul or pride put into
the game anymore. I do not blame devs of this game, but EA. Battlefront 2 had some of the same issues, so many of the problems are obviously coming from the top.
1. In the previous versions we got 4 new maps released in batches. Now: only 1 new map, and in only one mode? No conquest, seriously?
2. Instead of new maps, we have to spend hours on huge patches with skins. That I am NOT going to pay for with real money anyway. Why do I have to pay, when I bought the "deluxe" version? I can't even convert all my earned points into this, so why call skins "elite"? Ridiculous.
3. The amount of cheaters in this game (at least on PC) is insane. The worst thing is not that players cheat, that always going to happen, but that it is not dealt with properly.
4. The graphic itself is nicer than ever, but there are too many bugs. Sound included. It ruins the gameplay by causing too many deaths.
5. Invisible players. Some camouflage is good, but this is too much. I tried camping myself in "camo mode", and have had several squads literally running into me without noticing. For minutes, until some and same cheaters come and take their one shots...
6. Only centralized servers (which started with BF 1). That means more players with higher ping, and thereby worse gameplay. Which leads me to:
7. No self hosted servers. Before BF 1 the game could be hosted by clans, ISPs and so on. It meant lower pings, but better; active admins that could deal with cheaters and so on. But best; Same players met on same servers daily. Today it is way to casual.
I could mention many other things, but I think many others have already done that. My main point is, this game version does not provide fun, like it used to. More like, frustrations. Its a shame, really.