What is the intended role of the Stuka B2?

Hawxxeye
6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
That plane has me confused.
It seems to only be really good for hunting planes it gets behind of.
Meanwhile it is doing laughable splash to infantry and the damage it does to tanks is seemingly also small.
At some point it was nerfed to have the same splash as the explosive bullets of other planes, however the rates of fire are completely different so it seems to make poor balance.
Historically even the 20mm cannons could damage the soviet tanks and even more so what seems to the real counterpart of the Stuka B2 that is the JU 87G. If the wiki is correct, the this plane was an influence to the eventual development of the A-10 thunderbolt.
I think that at least the direct damage needs to somehow be better on ground targets without becoming even stronger vs planes

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My guess is that they didnt want another BF1 GSAP but right now its only usable as a plane hunter. And the parashute mines are dangerous to use since just one hit makes your plane explode.
  • xKusagamix
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All this made me miss the Attack Plane Tank Hunter Loadout, probably my most favorite plane in BF1.
  • SirBobdk
    4209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    All this made me miss the Attack Plane Tank Hunter Loadout, probably my most favorite plane in BF1.

Same here. Just miss the air from BF3/4/1.
  • Hawxxeye
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meanwhile the JU88C 75mm got also nerfed in splash soon after release along witht he mosquito MK6 "cause they also have bombs", only the JU88C loses its bombs when it goes down the 75mm path....derp devs....
  • SirBobdk
    The upgrade trees are make for the sake of the system and not the game imo. They could all need a remake.
  • eorzkmien
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it weren't for all the glancing blows, I think damage would be fine. Though I honestly don't get what the point of those mines is. They're not accurate at all, they deal little damage and the occasional lucky kill you get is just that – lucky. Doesn't feel rewarding at all and it's mostly useless. I'd rather have a dedicated spotting tool or, even better, deployable dive brakes to make a more controlled attack run. Though I think that should be standard on both the B1 and the B2.