Weekly Debrief

When did the Anti tank landmines became weaker?

Hawxxeye
6002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
While I want the life of tanks to be less fraught with danger, I think the AT mines were the one AT weapon that needed be left alone considering it cannot be used at range.
For whatever reason it seems 3 of them cannot take a heavy tank out. They also seem to be detected a lot more easily than they used to I think

Comments

• bran1986
    5752 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A few months ago. Me and @MachoFantast1c0 found out the hard way lol.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2039 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Yep. Made them practically useless.
  • Noodlesocks
    3053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    If that's true then 3 mines can still kill a panzer.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bran1986 said:
    If that's true then 3 mines can still kill a panzer.
    Mines can still be spotted from space can't they?
  • Matty101yttam
    1054 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've resorted to dropping my ammo crate and then dropping the mines inside it, it's the only way to get mines to work like mines.
    Otherwise you need to drop them beside the tanks like dynamite and set them off with an impact grenade(which is a freakish animation if you do it too quick).
  • DingoKillr
    3655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    While I want the life of tanks to be less fraught with danger, I think the AT mines were the one AT weapon that needed be left alone considering it cannot be used at range.For whatever reason it seems 3 of them cannot take a heavy tank out. They also seem to be detected a lot more easily than they used to I think
    Would this be a surprise if it has happened? Nope, after all MrAction players don't use so no impact to them and it will add more diversity of play to Support like the AP mine nerf did(555).

I am surprised they do not despawn on death or not limited to 2. That is what this COD needs to make vehicles survive longer.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good. Tanks were mobile coffins previously. 
  • Hawxxeye
    6002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good. Tanks were mobile coffins previously. 
    They still are mobile coffins. But at least the mines were fair cause they gave you a chance to see them and avoid them, unlike the propelled grenades
  • Noodlesocks
    3053 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    If that's true then 3 mines can still take out a heavy tank.
  • DukeSan27
    1189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There has been some kind of nerf. The trigger radius may have increased slightly and/or max damage blast radius seems to have been reduced.

So now if it gets triggered, say a meter from your Tank, then it’s does only 5-10 damage to a medium tank.

Actually they should have kept zero trigger radius, which means that mine should only be triggered if the tracks go directly over it. Which is how a traditional mine works anyway.

So, in all, I think the current situation is kind of fair.